What's new

20% THC from Big bud?

P

pSi007

with about 25% being the highest i have ever seen and 2% mexi being some of the lowest. i would guess that my stickiest bigbud never got above 12%-15%

darthvapor

Ive had some salmon creek bigbud and it was great. Ive also had other bigbud that was shit. Whats diffrent about the salmon creek bigbud?

N

Neptune

SCBB is a old bigbud selection, it is ~ 70 days till ripe.
fat yeilds, potent meds... definatly not beasters... like most bigbud is.

fuct321

Is Salmon Creek Big Bud the same as the PNW Big Bud?..Ive heard that the PNW Big Bud is very dank and nothing like sensi's Big Bud.

skar

The_Skunkist said:
Big Bud 20 % THC ???? :pointlaug Why not 35 % ???
:fsu: 7% at least ......

Sorry but take a big bud nug , take a White widow or blueberry Nug you don't need more than your eyes to see the differences .

THC %age means nothing .

You are cool and smooth with a power plant ( given for 15% )
You are totally ****ed up with a good orange bud ( +-16% )
The differences are induced by the CBD levels . The CBD level of your weed module the thc effects ...

Always interesting !
Peace everybody !

what the skunkist say !

2ezy

I've grown commercial big bud and it ranks second last in terms of potency(last is lowryder).

Big Bud= Low potency combined with big airy buds..no thanks

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah, I have to go with the general flow of this thread and say that BB isnt that potent. I havent growed it never and probably never will if some of my good grower friends havent tryed before me and recommend it for me..

But...

Isnt BB very old strain?

And...

Wasnt it sativabased in the early days?

This or that, but I believe that if you can acquire that old school BB = it would be great!

BTW, here´s a couple pics of Nirvana´s B-52 which should be a cross of sk#1 & Big Bud according Nirvana´s website, but I really doubt it, because of all the sativa structure it has.

Check it out guys & gals:

This really is very sativadominant and I cannot justify Nirvana´sdescription in any other way than the BB used in this cross was that oldschool sativa-BB..

The smoke of this particular cut is a+++ and very, very sativa type of high. She takes 100 days to finish, so I cannot believe that Nirvana has used that indicadominant BB that is so common nowadays!!!

Just Herbalistic´s :2cents:

Peace!!!

skar

if i really need a good potency BigBud genetic, i will go for a 2 pack selection of MrNice critical mass because their is some good plant in this line.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Nirvana Big Bud got some really sativa phenos, which would go up to 14 weeks....
Some good phenos too, but really unstable, like their stock...
I'ld say go for Critical Mass from Mr Nice, like Skar, don't bother which thc rate, it'll be enough powerfull...

Titoon

Burt

Veteran
while i too think bb is bunk for the most part-i did happen to meet a very well grown organic version of her in Indiana in '03 that was lovely-about 10% thc i'd say
i'd never grow it myself-nothing like having huge colas around that you don't want to touch-life is short-i don't do more than 2-3 hits of the bubbler-if it don't do the trick after one bowl-it doesn't stay

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Neptune said:
Bigbud is dank herb.

I would definatly believe a 20% bigbud.

The Lady I have knocks me out.. tastes like any good ghani.
And yes, she yeilds like a MOFO.

Though I do believe that many BigBuds from seed co. suck, this elite clone does not.

Don't knock it till you try it..

Nept is right, SCBB is most definitely IMVHO very high quality meds. I do not know much about BB from seeds but if you can get some SCBB and grow it out best you can, I strongly feel the SCBB would replace alot of "choice" mothers in your garden.

Which reminds me, I NEED TO GET THIS Salmon Creek Big Bug again... about the %'s who knows??? Last time I check you need sophisticated lab equipment analysis stuff like they use in CSI (gas chromatology) and perhaps even various grows grown with different controls (ie. co2 enrichment, humidity control, full spectrum as opposed to using just one MH or one HPS bulb, nutrient feeding schedules). Environments vary so much when it comes to indoor growing, in order to produce the top quality material you really need to have a better quality facility. When the growing setup is efficient, introduce various varieties of Bigbud and lets see whats going on with BigBud because I read alot of bad reports in here, and every hybrid I've smoked with Bigbud in it, does not deserve the "bottom of the class" stamp. In fact, if you tried some SCBB side by side with some of today's best known (popular) varieties, I'm sure even the most seasoned pot consumer wouldn't disregard SCBB's goodness.

*For the record, I can't say I'm too familiar with lower quality BigBud, i've purchased stuff called bigbud in the past, but who knows what your buying when your dealers are usually just using names to get you interested in their current supply. Usually "bigbud" is beasters, usually its akin to "bcbuds". The "bcbuds" i have access to are not the great high quality meds, our sisters and brothers in CA are used too.... Pardon me if I said something that did not sit well with others, I was just expressing my personal opinion for the sake of saving someone from arbitrarily writing off Bigbud and never knowing what it really is."

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
you know its really naieve to just say big bud sucks. it won a cannabis cup. it might not be the best strain on earth and it might not be the most unique strain on earth and its definitely got inbreeding depression for about a decade now but don't fool yourself.

In its day big bud was serious weed. If you were back in 89 with fresh big bud genes and grew a hundred of them yeah you'd probably find a strain as strong as hashplant and CERTAINLY juicy fruit or that "jamaican" cut they use so much. I mean I ain't sayin its a great strain but commercial strong stone. yeah it used to have it.

just because of what you think of big bud now which are generic knock offs of a strain that is already suffering inbreeding depression. thats a bad way to judge a strain. see what you think of nycd after twenty years of genetic drifting and inbreeding depression.

but anyway yeah hemcy is full of shit but at one point big bud was a strong strain. hell salmon creek big bud from tom hill is still popular till this day.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Aah, so Salmon Creek Bigbud is Tom´s line?

Yeah, motaco came and dropped the truth :yes: (once again btw;)

Maybe you can delight me more about this older, not so inbreeded bigbud, which supposed be very, very sativadominant? Maybe?

And about the thc %´s :nono:

Remember guys/gals that when these seedcompanys test "their strains" thc percentage and put it on a catalog for potential customers, it´s always from a one plant and as we all know, there is too many factors that affects thc content, like growing enviroment, set-up etc... Im sure you get the point, which is -> every plant has unique thc content!

What is more interesting is that some of you think that they can estimate thc percentage of the buds you were smoking... (I hope this didnt offend anybody)

Hell, I would love to acquire that skill for myself :D

There is NO way that person can even estimate the supposed thc content. The high that is produced after smoking bud/oil/hash/weed/kif is produced by jointimpact of various cannabinoids, so thc aint the only factor that determines the high produced, right?

Sorry about the :off2: for thread starter! + One more time, I hope anyone didnt offended about this post!

BigBud was a great hybrid back in it's day (as Motaco correctly mentioned). As with Hash Plant, the Miami Hazes, or even OG Kush, your audience quickly builds a tolerance to these strains. BigBud has been such a contender in the commercial realm, that many heavy tokers have probably built their tolerance around it.
If I was trying to corner a market, I would research which strains have been most heavily consumed in your area, and grow the exact opposite.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
thanks. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure SCBB is tom hills. I mean I don't think he "made" it but I think he was responsible for releasing the genes again.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
motaco said:
thanks. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure SCBB is tom hills. I mean I don't think he "made" it but I think he was responsible for releasing the genes again.

I 2nd that ^^^ :D
There´s one select Critical Mass cut here in Spain that won several prizes..it´s highly coveted IMO.I have it and I love it :D

Verite said:
I dont care.. I made a deal with satan.. I get two dollars for everytime someone asks a question about thc percentages.

with_gates.jpeg

I assume that you mean that thc% has nothing to do with it being potent herb. I agree, if this is what your saying. For example Skunk #1 which is potent is labeled as having 8% thc, doesnt mean it wont **** you up you gotta think of cbd's and cbn's as well and i think theres like 68 other unknown factors. Anyways forgive me for talking above the crowd.

peace

Last edited:

TheYak

fuct321 said:
Is Salmon Creek Big Bud the same as the PNW Big Bud?..Ive heard that the PNW Big Bud is very dank and nothing like sensi's Big Bud.

I will say from experience that PNW(Seattle) big bud is the dankest stickiest biggest yielding strain i've grown and i'd do anything to get it back.I've grown dozens of strains and nothing can even compare.The bud was so compact it was almost white inside.The kind of nuggets you can peel from the bottom up in sections of yellow sticky calyxes.So don't believe everything you hear bad about big bud.Lots of seed co's are calling a lot of different things big bud but the real one is one that has been in the seattle area for over 30 yrs.The guy who posted the pic of the one big bud plant looks to have the real thing but i couldn't be sure until i saw it budded out.
And yes I know this is an old thread and an older topic but i had to say something good about genuine seattle big bud cause its the best shit out there if'n I could only find the guy who ended up with my last few clones back in 94' after they were stolen from me.

I can believe 20% totally if its the real deal and not the BC big crud.All that crap that flows over the border like the flushing of so many toilets is just that- CRAP.Beasters schmeasters!

Last edited: