What's new

20% THC from Big bud?

I was just checking out some seeds from Hemcy Seed Company, and they claim that their big bud has over 20% thc.

If this is true It'll be on it's way to my place with a quickness.

Has anyone tried this strain?

G

IVE never had 20% big bud...

more like 9 to 12?? MAYBE!!

anyone confirm this thats not associated w hemcy?

G

i like to call big bud big chump but its good to mix in other low yielding strains to increase the yield...peace

G

If someone did confirm this how would we know whether or not they were associated with hemcy? I'm calling BS too ...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I dont care.. I made a deal with satan.. I get two dollars for everytime someone asks a question about thc percentages.

with_gates.jpeg

G

Unless it's a pheno most of us have never seen, this is utter bunk.

Big Bud is shitty smoke. Always has been. It's a commercial strain that failed because of it's meager high.

For a while lots of people were growing it here but it's yield was all it had going for it.

People jumped on Hash Plant and never looked back...commercially speaking that is. It's on it's way out and kush on it's way in now.

OsWiZzLe

Since when was Kush grown for commerical reasons? U dont yield shizzznit of any kush strain when u compare it to the big boy yielders...

N

Neptune

Bigbud is dank herb.

I would definatly believe a 20% bigbud.

The Lady I have knocks me out.. tastes like any good ghani.
And yes, she yeilds like a MOFO.

Though I do believe that many BigBuds from seed co. suck, this elite clone does not.

Don't knock it till you try it..

G

OsWiZzLe said:
Since when was Kush grown for commerical reasons? U dont yield shizzznit of any kush strain when u compare it to the big boy yielders...

It's about demand not yield ( both in a perfect world).

This is theory only. :wink:

If it were based on yield then the commercial crowd would be growing Big Bud and other high yielders.

There were lots of big yielders going around in the mid 90's here in BC. Everybody started running into problems because the "demand" wanted other strains. Hash Plant then became the staple and up until very recently it was the most common along with Juicy Fruit.

Now California...er...the "demand" is Kush crazy. All the commercial growers are screaming for Kush clones up here(so I'm told).

Basic economics....supply and demand. :confused:

G

Tried it too many times to count from endless sources. I found it not very strong at all and I've grown prolly over 100 strains now.

It lived up to it's reputation here in BC is all I can say.

There may be a rarer pheno that most people haven't tried but it's not what Big Bud is known for.

T

The_Skunkist

Big Bud 20 % THC ???? :pointlaug Why not 35 % ???
:fsu: 7% at least ......

Sorry but take a big bud nug , take a White widow or blueberry Nug you don't need more than your eyes to see the differences .

THC %age means nothing .

You are cool and smooth with a power plant ( given for 15% )
You are totally fucked up with a good orange bud ( +-16% )
The differences are induced by the CBD levels . The CBD level of your weed module the thc effects ...

Always interesting !
Peace everybody !

Last edited:

krazay

Northern Farmer said:
It's about demand not yield ( both in a perfect world).

This is theory only. :wink:

If it were based on yield then the commercial crowd would be growing Big Bud and other high yielders.

There were lots of big yielders going around in the mid 90's here in BC. Everybody started running into problems because the "demand" wanted other strains. Hash Plant then became the staple and up until very recently it was the most common along with Juicy Fruit.

Now California...er...the "demand" is Kush crazy. All the commercial growers are screaming for Kush clones up here(so I'm told).

Basic economics....supply and demand. :confused:

i'm from bc too and you hit the nail on the head i remember the juicy fruit days and now its kush kush kush.. i think half the dealers just say their weed is kush now even if its not

calikid55

Seed co's

Seed co's

Seed co's notoriously inflate their THC numbers.Someone mentioned, look at CBD levels also.To get close to the numbers that companies claim you need a PERFECT grow and even than many factors are in play.Fred

Neptune said:
Bigbud is dank herb.

I would definatly believe a 20% bigbud.

The Lady I have knocks me out.. tastes like any good ghani.
And yes, she yeilds like a MOFO.

Though I do believe that many BigBuds from seed co. suck, this elite clone does not.

i doubt any of the breeders big buds are that potent now adays, i heard legend of a salmon creek big bud clone thats was ridiculously potent though,

thc43

Veteran
seas of bigbud clone

this bigbud isnt 20% but isnt weak either stronger than 90% of the seed strians ive grown