What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

16 kW x coco

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

micro gro

Mr. Tony

Mr. Tony

though it looks like your bong has a tree perc with a snapped main stem...
Oh by the way you were mentioned the other day; a buddy said to me "haha that guy Mr. Tony could spot out a bong detail a mile away". :biglaugh:

P

purpledomgoddes

have been running run-to-waste w/ nylon rope wicks.

looked into soil moist vacation mats. may be substitute for run-to-waste. the mats absorb and retain, then give off water.

may get rid of the 'waste' aspect and decrease waterings needed.

hope this helps. enjoy your garden!

M

micro gro

purpledomgoddes, thanks for the heads up on 'em. :yes: I've seen some bottom-watering systems before (including ropes / wicks, E/F, Autopots), but so far I'm most comfortable feeding top-down until trying other methods on a larger scale. I will definitely keep these other methods in mind for the future, though.

Thanks shopvac (and everyone else I forgot). Result of hard work from a team of like-minded folks who are willing to go great lengths to grow the dank. :D

alphaguru, not sure what you mean by generator. :confused: The room is close to square, but as far as a 3x3 layout and 9kW, there were other limitations and goals that came into play early on in design which led up to the 16kW total.

wizberry

micro gro

Regarding coco lockout issues...Unbuffered coco bricks and GH were a bad combo for me...buffered cocos (Atami & Canna, or a mix of the two) w/ coco specific nutes (Canna) worked the best. Lately there seems to be a few batches of coco that have excessively high K, even in the buffered mixes...this is bad news cuz it leads to locking out of Mg.

Watering every so often with plain water plus CalMag helps flush out exess K and adds in Mg. Once flowering, the plants start gobbling up all the excess potassium in the coco, and everythings good.

But I dont wanna bitch about coco when ur show is running so smooth...can't wait to see more pics!!

80sMeltDown

Dont mean to pry in to your business, but how in the hell can you get away with using so much power. Im paranoid with 3000 watts. O'yea nice grow.

Thanks,
80sMeltDown

80sMeltDown

O'Yea, as long as you did not see the 10 baggies of Shrooms and the
38 sheets of Acid, Im fine. How was i acting? I dosed at 1am, still feeling the effects, but enough to type this message, and my computer screen
is wiggleing on me. Think ill eat shrooms today sometime! the dose is easy to control then Acid. 3 Grams of shrooms and you can (well i can) function around people. 5 Grams you will have a out of body experence
no way you could function in society. 10 Grams and you can talk with God!!!!. With Acid you get what you get, can't be regulated, controled that is, just got to hold on and "enjoy the ride".

Thanks,
80sMeltDown

M

micro gro

Just kidding, 80sMeltDown.

More pictures?

Room 1 lit up:

Here's the Sentinel readings... temps raised a little higher since:

This 20# tank is on pace to last ~10 days:

Current electrical board:

No airstones; instead a 400gph submersible water pump with a U-turn.

M

micro gro

You guys probably wanna see some pictures of plants. Not really the purpose of this thread, but here's a sneak peek:

rambam

This is beautiful, micro gro. Thanks for sharing. Just two questions. (1) Is there a reason to use wall-mount oscillating fans in a custom-built space like this with 10' ceilings, as opposed to ceiling fans, which I'd think could provide very even, quite gentle airflow throughout a room, either towards floor or upwards. (2) How did you air/odor/lightproof your doorways?

M

micro gro

Thanks rambam.

1) a) Wall-mounts are effective, providing lots of good air movement where they need it; ideally I'd like to have them blowing up through the canopy from the floor.
b) Low cost & space consumption on wall-mounts
c) Much easier cord / wire management than ceiling fans
d) Not an excellent coverage from birds-eye view with ceiling fans

2) Standard door frame from a cheap pre-hung door package at Home Depot. Indoor type, not the sealed outdoor type with gaskets and all. Tried messing with gaskets but decided not to bother. Inside the door is a poly tarp zipper attached to a sheet of Visqueen. You can see it in some pictures. "Garage door bottom" foam/rubber strip for door bottoms. Outside of the two flowering rooms there will be an additional scrubber.

M

micro gro

Random construction notes / memories

Random construction notes / memories

Just thinking back... If I recall correctly, this build ran just short of 400 studs, and something in the neighborhood of 175 4x8 sheets of drywall. Ran through a majority of a 5000-ct framing nail box, a decent amount of a 25# box of 1 5/8" drywall screws, lots of battery recharges, scrapes & cuts. Not sure how many 5-gallon pails of joint compound (I wanna say 4) or rolls of seam tape. Keep in mind that none of us were experienced in construction (except for the drywall guys that we had to hire), so a lot of work was less than efficient, etc.

[picture of wire stripper goes here]

~~~

The framing nail system ran just under $300, mostly from Harbor Freight, in case anyone's wondering (I remember discussions about framing nailers in a thread in the past). $80 3.5" framing nailer; $100 air compressor; $20 hoses & fittings. Maybe $20 in compressor & tool oil and $50 for a 5000-ct plastic collated full round head framing nails from Home Depot.

In hindsight I wish I would have gotten the 28deg clipped head, or 21deg/28deg combo, since I'm not exactly doing work that'll need to pass building code inspections. Research seems to dictate that clipped head nails hold just as well for our purposes, and the larger magazine capacity and less plastic shrapnel would have come in handy as well. I imagine nails are probably slightly cheaper, too, since they're paper collated.

By the way this is coming from a non-carpenter, who has never owned or used a framing nailer before. Never really had the need for one; never really framed anything until I had to frame growrooms. If you have an unlimited budget, I'd say get a decent, light, $200-range framing nailer w/ bells and whistles. Otherwise, I'd say that a Harbor Freight gun works extremely well for our purposes. Our gun has worked flawlessly for us for the entire project, and I expect it to work for the next.

Just my :2cents: ...

H

Hazyfontazy

Just thinking back... If I recall correctly, this build ran just short of 400 studs, and something in the neighborhood of 175 4x8 sheets of drywall. Ran through a majority of a 5000-ct framing nail box, a decent amount of a 25# box of 1 5/8" drywall screws, lots of battery recharges, scrapes & cuts. Not sure how many 5-gallon pails of joint compound (I wanna say 4) or rolls of seam tape. Keep in mind that none of us were experienced in construction (except for the drywall guys that we had to hire), so a lot of work was less than efficient, etc.

[picture of wire stripper goes here]

~~~

The framing nail system ran just under $300, mostly from Harbor Freight, in case anyone's wondering (I remember discussions about framing nailers in a thread in the past). $80 3.5" framing nailer; $100 air compressor; $20 hoses & fittings. Maybe $20 in compressor & tool oil and $50 for a 5000-ct plastic collated full round head framing nails from Home Depot.

In hindsight I wish I would have gotten the 28deg clipped head, or 21deg/28deg combo, since I'm not exactly doing work that'll need to pass building code inspections. Research seems to dictate that clipped head nails hold just as well for our purposes, and the larger magazine capacity and less plastic shrapnel would have come in handy as well. I imagine nails are probably slightly cheaper, too, since they're paper collated.

By the way this is coming from a non-carpenter, who has never owned or used a framing nailer before. Never really had the need for one; never really framed anything until I had to frame growrooms. If you have an unlimited budget, I'd say get a decent, light, $200-range framing nailer w/ bells and whistles. Otherwise, I'd say that a Harbor Freight gun works extremely well for our purposes. Our gun has worked flawlessly for us for the entire project, and I expect it to work for the next.

Just my :2cents: ...

absolutley amazing ,theres enough materials to build a small town in england lol ,,
u say none of u had building experience ,when u finished the grow i think anyone of u could set up a building company and be very succsessfull

well done

Pali

Nice build up - Happy growing.

Good to see the nutrients are mixed by a good size pump!

Very well planed and thourt thru setup!

Thumbs up

max_well

wow

wow

Holy Shit that is a world class looking grow.
Good call with coco DTW-- for this scale grow, I think that is about as low maintenance a system as possible...
This is similar I think, using bato buckets and a fancy auto nutrient adjustment system, but same principles:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=97162

Looks like you are using B'Cuzz coco in 2 gal bags, 50 per 4X8 table. Did you build a dipper manifold from PVC or just 1/2" tube? I've had some experience with GH nutes in coco, and would recommend using some CalMag (especially if using RO water) to help prevent Mg deficiency, particularly in veg and early flower. DTW style should help prevent build ups /lockouts of any kind. Are you gonna run lucas formula, or something modified? (you're probably familiar with 'H3ads' Gh recipe for coco).
This is a beautiful and very well documented grow in a similar style you may find of use: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=118074
big yields, top quality, using elite genetics, using H&G nutes.

Do you have info on your cloning /veg routine? With that many plants you probably don't need much veg time at all. Do you plan to hack off under growth once your plants reach the screen?
Best of luck and thanks for all the details.. real inspiring style.
peace
MAX

Last edited:

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
How much veg time did those have..? Indicas, sativas, or hybrids...?
Is there really 50 per table..? What do you yield like normally with this type of setup..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts