What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
nicceee looks kinda like my romulan i just chopped due to overfert. burnt all the leafs off overnite.??? owell live and learn. still decent smoke.

so my lil 150 has a few vent slots on one side so i think im gonna take some tin snips and
cut a 4 inch hole to mount a dryer hose to.

just need the funds for that s&p and i should be set.

hey UK. which s and p fan do you have? and whats the actual width compared to listed? i only have 6 inchs of space to stuff it in. so im thinkin of the 5 inch model but only if its slim enough to fit in my cab.

U

ukganjafarmer

nicceee looks kinda like my romulan i hey UK. which s and p fan do you have? and whats the actual width compared to listed? i only have 6 inchs of space to stuff it in. so im thinkin of the 5 inch model but only if its slim enough to fit in my cab.

I have the s&p td160, im not 100% sure about width and i cant check because lights are off for next 11 hours, but i think its smaller than 6 inches, they really are tiny and really queit, cant reccomend it enough!

KolorBlind

Kolorblind
hey man do you think that s&p would be strong enough to pull thru my homemade small carbon scubber and still pull enough over the light.

Most certainly. Those inline fans are absolutely perfect for pulling or pushing through a carbon scrubber. Every carbon scrubber is different, and they will all cause significant resistance though. Make sure to have yours as less restrictive as possible. I made a carbon scrubber following THIS tutorial, and I cant brag about it enough. Cost me $36 to make, $16 of that was for the carbon from Walmart which I do NOT recommend. buy your carbon in bulk online, it is MUCH better carbon and lots cheaper. Pulling through is always best, but the S&P fans also expel a LOT of air so you will also get a loud whooshing sound with no filter attached to the end. I had mine after the fan just for that reason, made a perfect light trap too.

As far as the 6" limitation you are talking about, do you need to know how fat the fan is at its widest point? Because I can almost guarantee you my 4" TD-100x is at least 5-6" in the middle. Which means the 5" and 6" fans may not work for you. They are all great fans so go with the biggest you can afford and can fit, but also keep in mind that the bigger they get the louder they get. They are super quiet fans, but the sound of 100-250 cubic feet of air leaving a room per minute is not silent.

Let us know what you decide or if ya need any more help deciding.
KB

AcroPhobic

what up OG Brother , welcome home. like the story about your males white-widow busting a nut on the hoe,,
Haha .. yeah mother plant was a good 9 years old and was in heat, ripe and ready for some plant sex from a studly Sativa dom White Widow male. :kiss:

He gave it to her good and in return she gave me hundreds n hundreds if not a thousand seeds. Plenty of seeds to pick out keepers thats for sure! The phenos will be endless. :headbange

The 3 plants in flower now, I already took clones from in 3rd week of flower and rooted in 3 weeks and have been veggin in 16oz party cups ever since and will be transplanted into 2-3 liter bottles this tuesday and will veg for another week or so and then 12/12 will begin before April 1st. Just using two 13 watt cfls in a 9x9x14 box for these, nothing special but healthy clones none the less. This thread ROCKS! Took along time to go through and you guys are pulling off some excellent buddage!

U

ukganjafarmer

say UK. would your fan have a different model number since, im assuming, your in the UK.
heres the site id order from. http://www.hvacquick.com/products/r...Remote-Fans-for-Bath/SP-TD-Series-Inline-Fans if you could tell me which model is as close a comparison to yours. thanks for the help man. youve been a wealth of knowledge since ive gotten this great 150

The one closest to mine would be the one at top of list, mines called the td-160/100N.

Hope this helps.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Here is the current batch just about ready to be flowered. I've vegged thus far with my bulb horizontal, but today at some point I'll change it to vert. Probably let them veg for 2 more days vertically then flip. I got new containers that are 2.5''x2.5''x11'' which have all been painted with MicroKote.
picture.php

U

ukganjafarmer

Here is the current batch just about ready to be flowered. I've vegged thus far with my bulb horizontal, but today at some point I'll change it to vert. Probably let them veg for 2 more days vertically then flip. I got new containers that are 2.5''x2.5''x11'' which have all been painted with MicroKote.
picture.php

Nice plants, how many plants you got in there?

and are you just using 1x 150w hps?

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
once again thanks UK. i think ill be gettin the one at the top if not the one below it just for a slightly higher cfm.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Thanks ukganjafarmer. That is 20 plants.

Well DB, you've seen the roots on yort's in the same cups I started mine in. I should have taken pics, but didn't.. BUT mine looked nothing like his. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. If I end up having room I'll do a side by side with coated vs uncoated with same strain.

I switched my bulb to vert and I'm damn near having a panic attack about it. I'm not sure exactly why, but I feel really uneasy about it. These containers will tip over easy when the soil gets dry and I've been forced to ditch the tray they all fit in. Last run I didn't get the stretch (and yield) to justfiy vertical over horizontal. Ultimately vertical allows me to me to have as tall as plants as possible so I think I'll ride it out again. The plants won't look as nice coming from it, but I should get more bud.

I need a better way to hang that bulb lol. One great perk about this way though is it allows me to swivel shit around so that I can place it in middle of my plants. Since I have to take them all out to water that spot changes.

picture.php

picture.php

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good, catman. You should look into a "spring nut" for the unistrut. It would allow you to slide the light up and down with ease.

Ceaes

awesome grow catman, those ladies look great! Ive always wondered whats with vertical mounting? Are the lumens distributed better?

Zingablack i have been using the 5" S&P and love it! With my carbon scrubber on its more silent then a computer fan, Ive had countless people over like a foot a way from my cab and they had no clue.

Heres a couple shots of my girl right now, shes 3 weeks into flower

Strain: Jack47 by sweetseeds
Lamp: Thats right you guessed it! 150W HPS
Nutrients: "The Recipe" by Rez
Medium: Handwatered to waste in coco

first little trichomes just starting to show

canopy shot, ive got about 20 nodes

canopy is staying really level

GROW ON MY 150W POSSIE!!!

U

ukganjafarmer

awesome grow catman, those ladies look great! Ive always wondered whats with vertical mounting? Are the lumens distributed better?

Zingablack i have been using the 5" S&P and love it! With my carbon scrubber on its more silent then a computer fan, Ive had countless people over like a foot a way from my cab and they had no clue.

Heres a couple shots of my girl right now, shes 3 weeks into flower

Strain: Jack47 by sweetseeds
Lamp: Thats right you guessed it! 150W HPS
Nutrients: "The Recipe" by Rez
Medium: Handwatered to waste in coco

first little trichomes just starting to show

canopy shot, ive got about 20 nodes

canopy is staying really level

GROW ON MY 150W POSSIE!!!

aswesome mate that looks just like mine, coool!

MagicChef

150w vs 70w hps temps!?

150w vs 70w hps temps!?

Im curious if you know the difference in heat given off of a 150w hps comparable to a 70 w? I currently am running a 70w hps in my fridge but after seeing what an improvement in bud production im getting I wouldnt mind going to a 150w. I am able to keep my internal temps at 76 F with the light dropped a bit over the tops of the plants. I figure if I went with a 150 I could perminately mount it to the roof, as I wouldnt need to be dropped down on top of the plants. So is it safe to say that the comparable temps of these two hps's are linear, meaning a 150 w hps would put off a bit more than twice as much heat? Any help is appreciated.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
How big is the footprint, MC? You might need a fan blowing on the bulb or blowing between the bulb and canopy. A remote ballast might be necessary too.

mayorofthdesert

MC - in general HPS bulbs get more efficient lumens-wise as they increase in wattage, (one exception according to some is that a 600hps makes more lumens per watt than a thousand) this leads me to think that as they increase in efficiency they should make less heat per watt, but I don't think the difference is huge. I'd estimate the heat output of a 150 at about double that of a 70 watt. I have run both size bulbs, but the 70 was a long time ago and in a larger closet than my present cabinet with 150s. I'm using cooltubes on my 150s, my guess is that I could get away without if they were 70s - but with low wattage HPS it really benefits the plants to keep the bulbs as close as possible - I think (in a space like your fridge) either a 150 or a 70 would produce better with a cooltube and the plants close than with a bare bulb and enough distance to keep the plants cool. I've never done a direct comparison grow to determine whether a cool tube close or a bare bulb far performs better, this is just semi-educated guessing on my part.

Latest posts

Latest posts