What's new

1000w 4x4 flood/drain SOG

HYDROJUNKIE

lmao...''one side being flat''...I know exactly what you mean...
I used to do that paper bag method lined with a plastic bag inside,.....when buds are stacked on eachother the chance of mold is very high and the bag has to be shook around every day....but it does make them dry nice and dense looking.

GanjaJedi

I was thinking about changing my system from ebb and flow until I started reading these threads and now I am going to stick it out until I master it! Too bad Im having such a hard time find some explitive deleted clones. Anyone in NorCal wanna help me out? ~meduser~

UNREGISTRD

Hang em for 4 days in a dark area with a fan in the room not blowing on the nugs just blowing around them....they say like 65 is the best temp...
Trim em off the stem and throw em in a jar for a day they should get moisture back..Then put em in a paper bag loosely...shake the bag every couple hours so they evaporate moisture evenly and within a day in the bag they should be nice and crisp..Put em back in the jar for the rest of there lives......checking em every day releasing the lid for 10min so no mold starts growing.....

Just our method of things...u get dank smoke in a week if not less

vh I think option C is the optimal. The longer the better (to a point).

I hang my buds and they are crisp within 2 days. Still plenty of moisture in the stems, but I have to keep jarring and burping to get a proper dry/cure. Takes about 10-12 days before I can jar and leave be, but its kinda nice because a couple days after chop I can start sampling :D The whole dry/cure process is a very grower specific thing. Most people's nugs are still very wet and soft after only 2 days. Not mine though :wink:

V

vhGhost

whoami - the paper bag method is something i've been considering .

Hydrojunkie - thats why i'd like to try an ounce or 2 in the paper bag method. Dense nugs , while trimming i couldn't believe how hard they where but if i can tighten then up a bit, i'll try it, and let you guys know how it works out.

Jedi - just stick to it, hope everything works out!!

UNREGISTRD - I think after 4 days at 60% RH and a fan moving the air around i'm going to go straight to paper bags for 2 days seems like a good time frame around the 1 week mark , we'll see 1-2 ounces won't be that hard , and i'll know which i like more :D

GoG - all i can say is that it seems like there are a lot of ways to dry and cure your bud, now i can't say that 1 is better than the other, unless i sample all your buds :D . so what it looks like is that it will teach me a lesson on whats best for me.

quick update - next run with this 4x4 might be Hog or juicyfruit.

V

vhGhost

here is a pic of what the roots look like, now you guys can see a little better by what i mean when i say you don't need alot of hydroton . :D

V

vhGhost

anyone wana play - guess the total amount of bud on this grow ? ... jarring soon!

N

Neptune

I'm guessing 720 grams...
Looking good brother,

My dry technique is as follows:

1) trim large/huge fans from the plant before chopping
2) hang whole plant upside down in dark room (with a heater): ~70F ~50% RH
3) fan circulating air around the room

4) when stems snap or crack, take plants down and start trimming...
5) place finished buds in cardboard box, use a freshly emptied case of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for best results.
6) pile buds in this box until you are finished trimming that strain, stir them occasionally.. let sit in (closed) box 3-5 days, until they start smelling "dank" and not like "grass."
7) bag/jar it up

HYDROJUNKIE

hmm,..Im gonna have to say 1.3 lbs..........they look to be around 1.2-1.3 zones each:D..................does the winner get a care package? :woohoo:

Im gonna make a suggestion for the next run: I'd say go with the Hog and use those 5.25x5.25 pots and fill that whole tray.:yes:

that setup has me curious,.....I remember snaps_provologne form overgrow got close to 3 lbs. a tray doing that:eek:

V

vhGhost

ok well the #'s are in the hempstar(1xhps) was (hehe) i shit you not - 420Grams just short of 1elbow. Remember the mom(babysiter of the hempstar) told me the most he's seen in dirt was 3/4 pound of 1 light.so i didn't do to bad for a shity yielder.

and the other 2xhps(4x8) juicyfruit(mite infested) was- 750ish grams...I hate them little bugers. with the juicy fruit i've got 1.5lb/light.... sooo next time the 4x4 will have 30(or more hempstar) flashed after 2 days of veg from clone, and the juicyfruit (4x8) will have 50ish also flashed as soons as they show that they have climatised...

i'm increasing the amount of plants per light because some of the juicyfruit girls died before they could start flowering(shity clones) so i think if i increase my plant #'s then a couple plants dead won't effect my yield as much! ... what do you guys think....

PS> btw- the more plant #'s thing is from reading 1 of lucas's threads that talked about plant #'s and final yield ... i'll try to find it if anyone wants it!

walker_so

I think you should start with healthier clones next time, plants dying half way through the cycle should not be a regular concern.. not too bad though for the yield bro. any pics?

peace

N

Neptune

virushigh,

yea man... higher plant count is a great way to gaurenteee your higher yield numbers. I grow the maximum amount of plants I can fit beneath a set light footprint... for example, in a 3'x3' i can fit 36 6" square pots/rockwool blocks. 36 plants per 600w light is a gaurenteed 500 grams, and if you have your shit down and a quality strain can be closer to the elusive 600+grams per 600w light.

frostyy420

Hello vhGhost. Have a couple questions hope you dont mind me posting here. If so just say so and it will be deleted ;)

I will be growing on a much smaller scale then all of you :( but would still like to give ebb and flow a try. My grow space is a 2'X4' grow cab. Will be lit by two 400s(1 MH and 1 HPS) exhausted by a 449cfm vortex hooked to 6" duct/scrubber w/9" passive intake.

I would like to be able to pull a pound from my space. I would run 15 clones per tray if possible 1-2 weeks veg if possble? New to hydro if you cant tell ;)

I'm thinking about this setup and would like your guys/gals opinions on it.

Info on system:
Hydrofarm MegaGarden
Get the convenience and versatility of an Ebb and Flow System in this smaller, self-contained design. Includes 7.5 gallon reservoir, submersible pump, timer, 15 growing containers, grow rocks, seed starter cubes, pH test kit and nutrients.

System Includes:

-7.5 Gallon Reservoir
-Insert Grow Tray
-Submersible Pump + Timer
-Seed Starter Cubes
-Water Level Indicator
-Growing Medium + 15 Planters
-Hydrofarm Nutrient - 16 oz. + pH Test Kit
-Instructions

Dimensions: 22" x 22" x 10"

Link: http://www.plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=87&catid=3 Has pic of system. Would of posted pic but couldnt figure out how to.

Any info is much appreciated.

V

vhGhost

frosty don't by from a hydro shop, an ebb/flow system is supposed to be easy and simple. all you need is rubbermaids, and a pump and some hydroton, and your ready to grow(thats if you've got the rest of the puzzle). But it looks like you've got everything figured out, didn't you have any luck on your thread about this setup ?

frostyy420

I never found much info on E&F vhGhost :(

I ended up not buying that system. I ended up buying two 22"x22"x7" trays and will be building them myself :)

Will be using 4"x4"x4" Cocotek Ab cubes and hydroton and bud blanket.

Do you use a gradient/slope with your setup?

V

vhGhost

i have no slope in my system, i don't see a need for it.

But currently i have 12 new babies in the 4x4 and 4 moms that are in krusty buckets(modified), also in there. i've managed to use the same res but just added another pump to it with spaghetti string made into drip rings. next time i'm with the girls i'll take some pics.

but as it stands right now i only see my girls once every 5-7days.

PS. Damn this thread is old, i might start another 1 for my 2000w4x8table with co2....ooooh i can't wait

RuralRoute420

?

?

what happens if there is a puddle of water in bottom of tray all the time? what kind of problems will this cause and what do they look like?

frostyy420

Maybe root rot? New to hydro and esp E&F. This will be my first run with it.

If its pooling try adding a slight slope to your table. Think they recommend about 1-2 inch for every four feet of table. I'd probably start with a .5" gradient/slope and see how that does.

Cant wait to check that one out vhGhost.

UNREGISTRD

frostyy420 said:
I never found much info on E&F vhGhost :(

I ended up not buying that system. I ended up buying two 22"x22"x7" trays and will be building them myself :)

Will be using 4"x4"x4" Cocotek Ab cubes and hydroton and bud blanket.

Do you use a gradient/slope with your setup?

Wow cant believe u didnt find the info u needed! Dont mean to hijack the thread but The MEGAGARDEN u mentioned above is very Ideal for growing MMj..
It is a bit expensive but it works great and its one of the only all in one units!
Tray is built into the reservoir and it fits 7gal of water so u change nutes once a week!
With the trays u bought it its the same idea just u need to have a seperate reservoir and a tray etc...
Yes we run a gradient slope on our tray so that it drains completly and it stays cleaner alloooot loonger! otherwise the remaining water stays stagnant till the next watering and causes green algae..Which isnt bad but it looks horrible and your constantly trying to clean it!