What's new

carpatian, thaifun, nectarhaze outdoors

I'm, growing some strains I would like to show you and discuss a little. I'm at 52 degrees north, western europe.

I was impressed with darwin seed's alledgedly early flowering and sativa Carpatian, so I bought it.
It does flower very early (end of june it begins), but the tops don't develop, or veeery slowly. Their's not very much that's smokeable on it at all. Only the calyxes that have been pollinated have swollen and have some trichomes on it (very nice smell b.t.w.) In it's current state I think it's not worthwile, but I'm crossing it to other strains for early flowering.

One or two years ago, I downloaded this picture from this site, because I found it a very interesting plant, which was said to be royal dane.

Darwin seeds uses the same picture for their carpatian (see their site), so either their carpatian is royal dane, or they use a picture of royal dane for a strain that is not.

Can anybody confirm if my carpatian resembles royal dane? Does royal dane develop decent buds? I think so, so in that case darwin seeds used a picture of royal dane for their carpatian?

These last 3 pictures are from half/late august when it has already flowered for 1 and a half or two months...

Here is a link to pipeline's thread who has also grown carpatian http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=92116&page=5&pp=15&highlight=carpatian .

Last edited:
Here's an overview. On the left a thaifun(1), then two nectarhazes that both turned out male, then another thaifun(2), down below a bushmix and on the right the carpatian.

This is the thaifun1 on the left with a nectar haze

This is a nectar haze on the left with a thaifun(2) on the right. This Male nectar haze started flowering end of july and will be used in some crosses (X carpatian).

A bushmix plant from nectarseeds (female). Supposed to be bushman's (south african) X either bluehemp's lebanese or female seed's purple tops, or dutch passion's durban poison. This one might be busman's X lebanese (just a guess). It just started flowering.

Thaifun(1) (female)

Thaifun(1) as it is now, not flowering yet

This is thaifun(2) (female). It looks different from thaifun(1), it looks alot like the nectarhaze plants but I don't think I have them mixed up. Also not flowering yet.

This is the only female nectarhaze I have it's a runt and looks more on the indica side than the others. Just started flowering.

Then I have some plants in pots; Nectarhaze (again, male) is the tall one, the short one early pearl.

On the left a bushmix, on the right a purple tops.

I had some plants guerilla but it didn't work out well this year, now there's only one spot with some small plants, a yellowing thaifun(3) and a yellowing early pearl. Pics will come.

I hope this will provide some information about these strains to anyone interested. I had expected nectarhaze to begin flowering a bit earlier than it has. It's also more indica than I had thought, but has a nice strong smell. I did expect thaifun to flower as late as it does. The carpatian was really early, but as I said it has produced almost nothing yet so far except some seeds (carpatian X carpatian). I have some carpatian pollen that I'll use on some of the females too.
:wave:

Last edited:
Hi SL: i am growin greaat carpatian andalso huge perun from darwin seeds too. I asked about these and wrote few emails to this seedbank and this is what i found:

About carpatian - i got answer which really helped me. Carp needs lil bit more PK for starting more flowering. Mines were as yours pretty early flowering but very slowly firstly. When i increased lil bit PK dosage to them it was like a big kick and from that point they are pretty fatting up and mines will be ready in cca 2 weeks from now. REALLY IMPRESSIVE with colas massive as my fist, i will upload pics here soon. These didnt flowered well when had more N than really needed. They needed almost from the begin ferts which i am using for others in second half of flowering. Interesting but this really work with carpatians. Well i asked also about genetics and they told me that its very close to Royal Dane but more focused on the extreme sativa side. Mines smell nicely minty and one veery sweet. Trichome coverage is from medium to really nizee with some females. Immediatelly after chopping and drying i will make smoke report, cant wait :) try this SL i am sure this will help u as greatly helped me or ask darwin seeds.

About Peruns: my peruns are damn early and these will be ready i think around mid sept or by third week of sept. These are damn huuuge plants. Are around 2-2,5m high and almost same wide with great big yield as it looks for now. Asked about Peruns and got answer that its some especially early Tripple Afghan Slam crossed with some pinky sativa strain. Supposedly thats why Perun needs to be planting earlier to be ready earlier. From what i got in an email NHU is later finishing than Perun but Perun needs loonger needed veg time than NHU which can turn into flower earleir if immediatelly forced to flowering. So if Perun and NHU will be planting by early may Perun will be always earlier but if ei by early june NHU can be first or same early as Perun. I think this is cause of more sativa in Perun.

About Thaifun i read that there is some speciall and great pure old scholl Thai in this strain but dont remember now cause i am not so interesting in this cause i dont grow this one :D hehe

Great looking plants. I hope it will be usefull what i found about your great strains :)

Last edited:
Hey Karakoram
Thank a lot for your reply man! I am gonna give the carp some organic P and K right now. It's probably too late, but maybe the tops will get a bit bigger. So you are saying that it needs low N and more of P and K earlier on than most plants if I understand correctly.
Wow! massive colas of carpatian sounds really good, congratulations. I am assuming you are groing them in pots and not in full soil?
The smell is really special indeed from this plant.

It's a really good thing that darwin seeds replied your emails so well. So it is a version of royal dane!

I'm glad too hear perun and nighthail ultra are early and doing well. Thanks for the info on those as well.

I hope my thaifuns will have produced something nice by november! Thaifun must be some cross as my plants look pretty different.

Peace

Exactly SL: my carpatians looked simillar with yours but when i started using higer PK fert than before this was like a miracle. Then i gave them again for lil time just to check it again that lower PK fert and again flowering slow down. No no i am growin carps in full soil. Looks like carps really needs lil special food schedule to be as a rockets and damn mine are :)
Darwin seeds always repplied me, why? not same with u? Write here all pls :)
As i told, if i will have time for checking i will give here into your thread if its ok pics of my carpatians. They looks soo soo good and actually were bending from weight of colas cca 10 days back when i visited them.
Bro Peruns are damn perfect. I grew in the past durbans and also hollands hope which are rated as huge vigorous but my peruns are big big :) So happy to have them :)
I am really interesting in darwin genetics. What i really didnt like in the past when i bought some strain which had some claimed harvesting time but was ready also month later. This i got with Durban Poisons, Biddy Early, Early Misty and so on and these are ready really on the time! ALso Grunwald and Paddi is growin Darwins Perun and NHU and these looks pretty impressive.
We will see more after smoking report :D

Karakoram_way said:
Darwin seeds always repplied me, why? not same with u? Write here all pls :)
No I haven't contacted darwin seeds. I'm just happy they took the time to give you information.
Karakoram_way said:
What i really didnt like in the past when i bought some strain which had some claimed harvesting time but was ready also month later. This i got with Durban Poisons, Biddy Early, Early Misty and so on and these are ready really on the time!
I know what you mean. I have been growing strains that are too late for years as well. Those strains are being bred indoors. There are (almost) no dutch seed companys with outdoor strains that are genuinely early.
I discovered here on icmag that canadian, scandinavian and swiss people and seedbanks are doing much better work. This year finally I have an early strain: carpatian. Too bad I have almost no yield yet.

You can post your pics here if you want. I'm really interested to see them :bandit:

Last edited:
Hehe, yeah i wrote to Darwin and also to Bluehemp few times and everytime i got repply really soon and they looks like nice and friendly ppl = bongheads :D
Bro i will tell u that if carpatian will be also nice potent (for now its really nicely resinous) then i will keep this one in my out grows for really many years :) And same with Perun.
Btw u had also male as u told, do u have pics of your carpatian male? Or do u have more than only one carp female? Do u have more pics?
I really think this higher PK reaaally significantly helped. Previously i used for begin fert with NPK(1:1:2) and then tried with even lil bit more PK ratio but found that fert with 1:3:4 reaaly was that right food for these. From this point also way more resin shoved on the calixes. And mines looks totally sativaish, but u will see :) I got one monster male and pollinated them :) Mine carps are cca 1,2m tall and that male is cca 1m tall and same wide, looks damn branchy and damn big yielder. Its like a big football ball with many male colas :) And this female is hohooo :) hehe cant wait to visit them this week :) Maybe this week i will harvest them :) but maybe next :) And thaats really great :) I am soo soo excited from them as u can see :D hehe

I don't have a pic of the male. It was a small plant that didn't grow well guerilla. My soilmix for the guerilla is wrong; I used a lot of coco-soil that has turned out too acidic. Some plants were eaten by slugs also.
This is the only other female I have left; It was also transplanted out of guerilla into the garden. It was small and already started flowering so it remained reaally small. It's a bit hidden under the bigger plants.

Another picture of the larger Carp

Guerilla:
I had more plants (carpatian) but As I said wrong soil mix, too acidic (at least I'm pretty sure that's the problem). I hate it when plants start yellowing too early and dont grow well. But it's too late to transplant them, I hope the thai will at least produce some top cola, but it's really not in a good condition. It just started flowering.

Ealy pearl from cutting

Thaifun

This is a better soilmix prepared very late in the season with some young ones. Looks a bit yellow as well on picture but looks good in real time.
The plant up front is my own f1 with a very heady high of a purple and a "white" plant. Then, clockwise, a small south india x skunk, two purple tops and two sensi durban's on the bottom right corner. Some heavy competition going on between them :).

Last edited:
Wow SL: that Carpatian looks massive. Pls try to feed them with bigger PK ammounts as Darwin seeds told and as i did and this roocks. Damn u will get then pretty massive from that picture almost gaint cola :)
Your garden looks like high N containing. This carpatian is almost earliest and best reacting stain i ever have. They are first step after auto strain which are but well, this one is almost like autostrain but still should to be regular.

G

Yeahhh..... go Stone Locust go! You have very nice and healthy looking plants there in you garden :D

I'd like to show you my Perun (the only one I have in my guerilla) She is budding very very nice and her pinky pistils are just beatifull. I polinated one little branch with Selasie Sativa last week.

I also have 3 girls of Night Hail Ultra but they seems to be about 3 weeks later on actual perun stage of flowering. Will show them later if you dont mind...
Cheers

Karakom, I've been feeding P and K as soon as you told me to. I'm using bonemeal (half dissolved in water) and organic garden potassium. The bonemeal is not very water-soluble and not very short-acting..
What did you use, regular liquid fertilizer? Organic or not? I have a bottle of canna terra flores, but I'm reluctant to use it in open soil. It might do more harm than good.

Grunwald, nice to see you man. Your Perun looks good and early! With any luck you'll get a good harvest from that plant. Big top cola. Selasie sativa, is it an ethiopian strain? Pure sativa? Show more pictures whenever you want.

I want to show off my garden from 2006. 1st, 2nd and 4th plant: sensi seeds outdoor mix, 3d plant: NLX :rasta:
24728alle_vier.JPG

Last edited:
Hi SL, i am using cristalline no bio fert. U should to see difference really soon if u are using ok strong PK fert. As i told, mine looked simillar to yours and damn your carpatian have potential to produce biiig yield i think. We will see. What smell did u get with them?
Great looking Perun btw grunwald, i am will send repply in your thread :)

Heere are some pics of Carpatian male from Darwin seeds :D show me bigger yielder :D is cca 1m tall and veery bushy, now its reaaaly in late stage as u see .This is damn bigg yielder :)

46039CarpatianMale2.jpg

46039CarpatianMale.jpg

Last edited:
Karakom you haven't exagerated one bit they look fantastic! I can understand you're very happy! If the smoke is good carpatian is an ideal plant considering they are so early. Only where there is a lot of sunlight though. My garden doesn't have that much direct sunlight just like pipeline's carpatians, so I think that's a crucial factor for them to produce as well, besides flowering nutrients.
The smell is hard to describe, like you said a bit minty, or hashy maybe.

Hey Blezz welcome to icmag the best cannasite as far as I know :joint:

I think SL that with u is most important point right fert content cause pipes carpatians were in really shade as u see also from other strains in his garden. These had so much light only for the final stage, before this corn was way closer to them so also grew lil bit in shade. Fertilising them with right ferts is really crucial and then theeey are biiig biiig. :)
Tell us pls how are yours reacting on new fert schedule. :)

Btw Carpatian is sativa strain and almost all, if not all sativas needs enough sun to produce serious yield :) Hazes are an extreme example :)

Last edited:
Hello ganja lovers

My garden:
247285-overzicht.JPG

The carpatian:

It didn't produce a lot more growth in the tops after the application of some extra P and K, so they'll remain really small. We've had some sunny days now (most of the summer was way dark here) and it has produced a little more resin. I've found it sometimes smell like a rose, and have also smelled citrussy tones, pretty complex. I've smelled carrot on the other tiny carpatian female I have.
I can't be satisfied with the end result because of the awkward little yield, as it's pretty much finished now. Still the early flowering (and smell) keeps it interesting and Ive made a carp. X carp cross, and now some carp. X nectarhaze seeds are ripening on some bottom branches. That should be a really nice one I hope.

the thaifun (no.1) Has some problems that look like mg deficiency and curling-under of the leaf edges on new growth. Possibly caused by (soil) temps that are getting too low for this plants equatorial genetics. Otherwise I have no idea. I think I'm gonna apply some extra mg to the soil and hope and pray it will do o.k.

Ive grown a thai from bagseeds last year that did fine, Never really had deficiency problems in full soil until now
bagseed-Thai from 2007:

Thaifun (no.2) is doing fine. Not flowering yet.

The early pearl, probably a girl. The nectar haze that was in the same pot was a male and has been removed.

Thaifun (no.3)
The guerilla thaifun in very early flowering. This spot receives sun pretty much all day long, so if it can hold on health-wise it could produce something nice.

Check ya later:bandit:

hi SL: hmm its interestin, dont know. But your carp looks from your pics very nice and looks for really big yield potential :) Dnt know where is problem, try to wait lil bit, still u have plenty of time. All my carpatians were as on that pics where u can see also second one behind so dont know and my friend got simillar results as me. I will make smoke report soon and send here ei if its no problem for u. I will grow carpatian for sure also next year, its damn great strain for me and also big yielder and soo nice sativa trippy high. Mines are also nicely resinous as u can on the pics and i will harvest them this or next week, but they were ready for harvestin from 20.august! Thats rocket speed :)

Last edited:
Hey karakom post the smoke report here if you want, you can always consider making a separate thread for it also.
I harvested the top part of the carpatian (except for a few lower branches making seeds) last week. Maybe I should have waited longer but I didn't see new growth at all. It will yield like maybe less than 5 grams or so. The calyxes just remained very tiny and never got swollen. The tops that were pollinated do swell and suddenly they look like a regular top, similar to you're pictures, karakom.
the harvested part:

Something unexpected: the thaifun1 has turned up male. I was convinced I had seen female preflowers before. I'm having so many males this year.

The thaifun2 is also flowering now. I'm really training the branches to make an open structure. Hoping it will yield well:

bushmix:

early pearl not flowering:

puprle tops leaf:

Purple tops looks and smokes like a pure sativa.Look at it's structure

High quality seeds' description says "100% indica", followed by "lineage: skunk" :laughing: (Not that I traded it thinking it was indica, I knew it was a sativa. I generally like sativas better.)
So it must be a sativa selection of skunk? Who knows, seedbanks...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts