What's new

carpatian, thaifun, nectarhaze outdoors

Hi karakoram, thanks man. Did you post a smoke report on the carpatian somewhere yet?

I've got some smoke notes on the strains. I've been cutting back on smoking and had a 3 month break. More definitive smoke notes may come but it may take a long time as I plan on keeping on smoking very little.

This weekend first I burned some nectar-haze.

^The weed smells a bit like a combination of liquorice and some kind of vegetable.
The high was not that strong, but was totally up, no body-stone at all. It made me a bit speedy and edgy, a bit uneasy feeling and very sensitive to outside stimulation. If I would smoke a lot of this, it would be difficult to handle. I think it's good weed for focussing on one task or manual labour or cleaning the house like a mad-man or something like that.

After two hours or so I smoked some thaifun horizon

^This plant wasn't finished totally.
Smell is very faint, a bit hashy. Medium or low/medium potency. Again no body-stoned in this smoke. The high was different to the nectarhaze in that it produced a much more warm and happy feeling, less edgy-ness to it, more inspiring. Can't say more about it untill I test it again.

Some time after that I decided to smoke some bushmix.

^While the buds looked pretty compact on the plant, after drying they are pretty airy. I had suspected this one would be the strongest smoke and I was right. The smell is pretty strong too and distinctive, very nice. Like lemon and a bit orangy as well, it's kind of creamy and there may be hints of vanilla too. This one had some bodystoned to it, but it's definatively not couchlock. It put me in a dreamy, comfortable, happy-high state, kind of trippy but in a comfortable way. Very nice high! But I need to smoke it again to know it better.

I think the bushman's would be a good, reasonably early, potent sativa strain to try for northern outdoor growers! Mine was finished cut mid october but it would have finished totally in one more week, at 52 degrees north.
(From what I've been reading about bushman's, my pheno of bushmix ((bushman's X ?)) is very bushman's dominant.)

Yeah :wave:

Last edited:
Hi SL, nice to see your comments on these strains. I wrote lil bit about carpatian effect dont know if earleir in this yout thread or where :) but i cant write it again here if np for u :) I will smoke it tomorrow and during smoking i will write it :)

:yes:

This is what you said in pipeline's thread:

quote karakoram_way: "Hi pipe so i just smoked first samples from pre harvest of Carpatian and these are greaat sativa highers Pontenyc for now is between 7-8/10. Peerfect. Veery nice strain, it remind me soe really trippy sativas. Its really mind warping stuff :) I will harvest rest this week :) heh who can harvest so fatty buds soo early? :)"

Hey SL, so for now only if np for u here is my pipe of NHU pure. As i wrote in paddis thread its damn very potent and almost too much for me :)

46039NHUpipe.jpg

Nice Grow Stone Locust (btw, other than that one, your laotian looks like a real deal).
Makes me want to grow out thaifun horizon now (got 5 seeds of 'em:smile:), sounds like the kind of high i would like, even if medium/low potency, well maybe i'll get lucky and find a plant with a very potent thai like high pheno, however I doubt its a pure landrace unfortunately, the hashy aromas you describe don't sound like the aromas of a pure thai, I might be able to grow it out next outdoor season (first indoors, then guerilla, selecting cuts from the best mom), maybe i'll let it go a bit longer, the climate here maybe milder (strong North Atlantic Drift influence), no extreme cold, however i hope they won't mold through persistent heavy rains, i dunno if i'll get the oldschool thai flavours though.

You've made me want to grow out the Nectar Haze also at some point, you say difficult to handle smoking too much, you mean by that, a no ceiling high? speedy, edgy but focused mentally... sounds awesome from your description it sounds haze like, would you say it's similar to a green haze sativa effect?

seems like the swiss breeders have done a better job at producing early, hardy plants, that produce better quality buds, with better highs in outdoor strains than that of commercial dutch strains.
I'm sure none of the mostly longer flowering dutch haze hybrids (with a definitely lower outdoor adaptability), have such a good clear sativa high.
Amazing, Nectar seeds offer a relatively short flowering haze hybrid, that retains sativa qualities (btw, do you know the genetic makeup?)
in high and in aromas, you say aromas of liquorice, vegetables, sounds tasty, makes my mouth water :canabis:, those are some nice sativa traits in the aromas, seems like no second class skunk was used in breeding here.

again, Nice one Stone Locust (i'm can see you're a sativa enthusiast, always looking for those cerebral trippy highs :D)

Last edited:
Hi brother!
Nice reply I like talking about this kind of stuff :).
I've been looking at different strains that can produce a sativa high in a northern climate, but to really get that strong sativa high one needs a southern climate, duh!, so one has to make some concessions sometimes.

I really think the thaifun is a cross of thai X afghan or something. (but I don't know, bluehemp says it's a pure thai and I would like to believe them..) I had two sativa pheno's (a male and a male runt) and two ind./sat. pheno's. One of the sat./ind. pheno's is the one described, the other one has a strong very sweet fruity/candy smell, so that's very different. I've got some small cuttings of that one and am making seeds with them (thaifun f2's). The rest of that plant was destroyed on a guerilla spot. It was extremely resinous in early flowering.
I willl be interested in how the thaifun works out for you!
ganjabrother said:
You've made me want to grow out the Nectar Haze also at some point, you say difficult to handle smoking too much, you mean by that, a no ceiling high? speedy, edgy but focused mentally... sounds awesome from your description it sounds haze like, would you say it's similar to a green haze sativa effect?
I've yet to smoke a pure green haze. I've smoked enough haze-hybrids, just not pure ones. My experience with pure sats have been in tropical regions of the world (and the thai/laotian I grew last year ;)).
I only smoked the nectar haze once yet, so I don't know whether it's got no ceiling. But at that time I didn't even want the effects to be more. That's why I think I would almost freak out if I would smoke more of it.
But the high did feel kind of "cold" and one-dimensional in that there was not a lot of depth to it. I had no sensations of euphoria or spiritual depth as I'm sure a green haze would produce. Just the speedy, kind of agitated feeling. It would be a great smoke for a tribe going to war and going beserk on the enemy :).
The nectar haze is a product of nectar seeds, a danish seeds bank. I'm pretty sure (but not totally) nectar haze is a selection of tophaze from bluehemp seeds. Tophaze is viking X haze 19.

Maybe the bushman's could be something for you as well, it's a strain from a no longer existing seedsbank "herbaria", and now sold by nectar seeds. It's supposed to be a pure sativa (really) from ciskei, south africa, with a short flowering time and great reports.

Hi there Stone Locust, I'm sittin here smoking african brick (good tho) has lovely spicy smell after you smoke it, need something new though,
it's frustrating for me looking at your achievements, and not being able to grow out unlimited quantities of awesome outdoor bud myself.
I hope i'll be able to make next '09 season, for the moment i have NO method of transporting small plants to secret outdoor locations (guerilla style), can't really ask a friend/family member to drive me out there either, otherwise the secret op, would no longer be secret, i guess we just have to go to the limits of our capabilities as growers (staying safe from being busted), in this world of cannabis prohibition, where cruel laws like are brought about by UN conventions (where the UN has the popular appearance of being the "nice guy").

Anyways, Good to hear you have a thaifun with a fruity aroma, that should be a serious thai sativa signature.
I agree that you have to wait 1 wk hang dry+ 2-3 months jar curing, for bud to reach it's optimal quality in terms of taste and high, even if a good high can be had earlier on.
A pure green haze as you say should have (heard of, but never smoked),
a spiritual dimension to it (not if grown under our climates tho;)
I still feel like growing out the nectar, even if it gives off an edgy high,
I guess sometimes you just need that stimulant effect, just to replace caffeine ;), for intellectual work you need to focus/concentrate on, sport, or for going beserk on the enemy as you say;), might do well in a blend outside smoking it pure.
Could comment on the yields of the different strains.

Bushman's sounds good to me, I'll grow it out in the future(dunno when), have you grown it out yourself, or heard of any results about the yield, high/potency?
Another i'd be curious about growing outdoors would be Nectar Seeds Monasteria (Swiss sativa x Brasil), sounds like it could be good, there's just no info about it.
Bangi Haze and Nepjam should give something great for outdoor grows in climates like ours, that's why I'm growing them indoors atm, to select the best quality moms of each and grow out clones from revegged plants for the '09 season.
I just found and ordered one pack, of pure durban poison(seedsman), wasnt cheap, but only found it at one place.
This is one i really wanted, i'd again grow it indoors and select clones from the best mom to grow outdoors, however, id like to produce some seeds from the grow too, as preservation, since it seems rare nowadays.

stay safe :joint:

Last edited:
Hey what's up.
Too bad you had no option on growing outdoors, but atleast you're growing indoors.
So you're smoking african brick huh, that's great. Here's a pic of what I smoked when I was in the Sudan.

It doesn't have good looks, but it was trippy as hell. And no I didn't bring back seeds :(.

You say fruity is a thai signature? Didn't know that. That one plant I grew last year wasn't fruity. It's smell was hard to describe, I guess woody, spicy, maybe a bit peppery and minty. Those are smells I realy like. I have one early pearl still in a pot outside that has those kinds of smells as well (there's mexican in it).

The Bushmix I grew this year is Bushman's X unknown. I'm satisfied with that plant and have read some good reviews on pure Bushman's.
Bushmix

Monasteria, banghi haze and nepal jam are all strains I've been looking at as well. Something else that might work is kilimanjaro from world of seeds. The company has a bad reputation, but user bob jones had pretty early and good results with it and he thought it was a sativa. But I'd like to try so many strains..

About the yields, bushmix was a medium yield I think about 38 grams + 5 grams moldy. Thaifun low yield about 55 grams + 5 grams moldy. Nectar haze I didn't wheigh, little yield, small runty plant.

Good luck with your preservation of that durban poison, seedsman may have it from african seeds stock?

Peace

Stone Locust said:
So you're smoking african brick huh, that's great. Here's a pic of what I smoked when I was in the Sudan.

It doesn't have good looks, but it was trippy as hell. And no I didn't bring back seeds :(.
To the average stoner in Europe nowadays it doesn't look good, as most seem to go for the frosty skunk type green buds, but to me it looks great!!!!
Btw, a huge problem on the weed market today is that skunk like commercial indooor bud glass contaminated (with glue), here I think it's very bad in that aspect. gross!!:no:

Stone Locust said:
You say fruity is a thai signature? Didn't know that. That one plant I grew last year wasn't fruity. It's smell was hard to describe, I guess woody, spicy, maybe a bit peppery and minty.
I expressed myself badly here, I just used the logic fruity= sativa, not indica influenced, my bad, i think the highland thai is supposed to have a citrus taste, so i guess fruity, however fruity is a rather vague description. I believe spicy aromas should be common among many thais.

Stone Locust said:
Good luck with your preservation of that durban poison, seedsman may have it from african seeds stock?
Yes, it is supposed to be the same stock, it seems to be disappearing... pity it seems you CAN'T even find a PURE durban poison on the seed market anymore.
One i should mention with SA genetics, which I don't seem to find all that much info on is "actual sativa" (Tibetan x SA), sounds awesome.

I have a vision of the future where i have insane quantities of HQ outdoor guerilla buds (mostly sativas), huge colas hangdrying, :D unlimited smoke...
:canabis:

have a good one smoking those buds of yours dude :yes:

Last edited:
I've got some more stuff to say about these strains now that they cured a little more and I smoked em some more.

Carpathian didn't flower so well for me, but the high is totally right for me. It's not strong, but very pleasant, clear and happy. After smoking carp, although high, I feel very normal and functional, actually more "normal" than when I'm sober, but riding a very pleasant groove. This maybe a good anti-anxiety strain. The smell of the carpathian is something different too, very herbal, almost like oregano.

The Thaifun is a bit stronger than the carpathian. High is less clear, more "dense" and a little more speedy. When I open the jar it smells faintly like a mix of cardboard, earth and a little fishy too. Crumbling it, my fingers smell totally like compost/earth. Taste is earthy too.

Busmix has developed a nice strong scent. I can smell the vanilla in it like pure busman's supposedly smells. The taste is pretty rough though. Tastes kind of like old socks or something else that you wouldn't want to smoke. High is still a bit dreamy with relaxing body effects.

:rasta:

Carpatian seems like a good one, even though it didn't flower well for you, i read that it was selected from a royal dane, which i believe generations back was an indica. If it was an indica to begin with, it truly is some amazing work which has been done here. Looks like it can be a useful one to cross with long flowering pure sativas, to be able to finish in colder northern climates like the ones we live in, without adding fogginess to those more tropical clear, spiritual highs, considering it is extremely early flowering.
So i assume it's an energy level increasing, good wake and bake strain?

I dream of the day when i'll finally have unlimited amounts of clear energy smoke to keep me happy while doing complex paperwork more efficiently, nice idea to focus on getting more work done on a daily basis on rediculously short tiring winter days on the more northern latitudes we live on :D haha
(I would get high from morning to night if i didnt have to pay for weed, and if i had first class cerbral highs to keep me going all day...
Unfortunately in my situation I doubt i'll be able to organize a guerrilla grow outdoor grow-op next year, so i think i'll grow caribe indoors next up and use thaifun in a years time, actually Stone Locust would you say it is worth me growing out thaifun indoors, and selecting out a potent mom before an outdoor op, or is the high not that exotic/exceptional?

The high of the bushmix you mention i think sounds a bit like the description of the high of cannabiogen's highland Lesotho landrace (at least some body component involved), anyways saw a pic of bushman in veg, and i can see strong similarities in structure, taste doesnt sound great.

Do you have any more notes on the nectar haze?
that liquorice aroma sounds good to me, i am also intrigued on this early cross containing haze genetics, especially from your comment on it being a speedy, non foggy, no body high

good on posting notes, keep up the growing... and i guess you have a lot of smoking to do now after the harvest... :rasta: :yes: haha
to continue the rambling, i'm half-baked, sorry:Di'll say it would be great if some of us icmaggers on the more connoisseurs side, were able to have meetings where we could all just smoke out... or even massive parties where smoking out would replace and be on the same level as the conventional "getting drunk", a dream, :D, haha .Looking around i doubt i'd ever find anyone (or extremely rare) with the same passion for ganja as people like us, there are very little people with the same appreciation for good, special highs, most Europeans want skunk on the top of their list (no way would most consider buying good brick like the sudanese you posted), its a shame that unlike americans, most europeans mix with tobacco, so they couldn't even be able to appreciate the good, healthy cannabis experience. Amateur smoking is starting to piss me off big time, with people laughing at you for not wanting to smoke with tobacco (it happened far too often), or even accepting shitty contaminated weed for high prices, when availability is more on the low, essentially ruining the market. honestly, how many mj smokers are able to destinguish between tastes/smells of pure weed, other than the bag smell of skunk, some people might even say "what is this shit?", if one pulled out a small bag of first class frosty sensimellia fruity smelling more airy sativa bud in a smoking session.
What's more, lazy, demotivating weed, or even worse bad socall "hash" which produces "demotivation", smoked thoughout the day, is probably one of the major reasons why weed has bad rep...
In my younger days as a newbie smoker, i always of course loathed tobacco (which a few times made me feel sick, making me want to quit smoking mj forever...), I was always picky about having good mj, for better smoking sessions, and i never "pretented" to be an mj smoker just for a social situation.
I'd say true ganja smoking in europe is nearly a dead art, i'd think you'd personally understand this one being a ganja enthusiast, right? hehe...

anyways good luck with those grows :yes:

Last edited:
Hi fellow ganja-enthusiast :rasta:
I know what you're saying. In my country (nl) most cannabis smokers (tobacco/cannabis that is) think that weed smells like skunk. They don't even know that there are so many more types of high and smells/tastes than that standard skunkyness. That's kind of sad, but that kind of non-investigative, non-critical attitude can be seen in the majority of people in many areas of life. That's my thoughts on that, most people are sheepish and don't know shit, and don't want to know shit.

I was also surprised to read the (indica) background of carpathian and I think the idea of crossing a pure sativa with it is brilliant. Yes, it is energy-level increasing, but in a mild and clear way, not speedy. It makes me feel happy, "centered" and assured.

[qoute] would you say it is worth me growing out thaifun indoors, and selecting out a potent mom before an outdoor op, or is the high not that exotic/exceptional? [/quote]
I've only smoked this one plant so it's difficult to say, but I wouldn't write the thaifun off at all. I'd say do it! Here's a thread https://forum.hanfburg.de/fhb/showthread.php?t=256897. Don't think you can read german(?), but the poster grew it inside and was happy with it, then some outdoorgrower says he's also happy with it. They report an up high, earthy smell/taste and a fruity pheno and a lime/lemon pheno i think. Check out the pics.

The nectar haze I've only smoked once still (I've way cut back on mj smoking). I'll post about it if there's more to say about it, my memories about it are speedy, edgy and paranoia. Smell is really subtle and nice, hard to describe, liquorice is there, but also a vegetable/mild fruit smell, maybe pineappleish, it's still evolving while curing..

Thanks for your comments and happy smoking to you too!

Hey guys,

In post #36 I described how my few guerilla plants dissapeared from their spot.
247284-groep-med.JPG

By a funny turn of destiny I've met the people who stole them! It's like the plants found me again! They didn't know much about cannabis, but they just found the plants, pulled them out of the ground and planted them in their own backyard. They gave me back the (unripe) endproduct of the thaifun and a purple (the rest of the plants didn't make it.)

Now I've been able to smoke and evaluate my second thaifun female (fruity geno/pheno):
247282-thai-med.JPG

It smelled really fruity (sickeningly sweet) in flowering and had more trichomes than any other plant I've grown in early flowering. The unripe buds I've now smoked don't smell fruity but have a sweet distinct thai smell, maybe a bit minty. It's potent as hell unripe as it is, if this would have been ripe(r) it would have been amazing.
Strong sativa high, makes you feel amazing. Won't describe it more, the high was "unripe" as the bud, but it showed enormous potential.

Luckily I took some cuttings before they stole it and pollinated them with this thaifun father:
247287-thai1-med.JPG

That resulted in 8 seeds I can play with next season. I'm pretty excited about this.

This experience gave a much more positive opinion about the thaifun. I conlude the sweet extremely fruity thaifun pheno is the one to look for, my earthy/muddy pheno is definately less potent.

Final conclusion on the smell of Nectar haze: Soft, creamy tropical fruit smell with a hint of banana. Not pungent, real nice.

Greetings!

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are Carpatian females. I looooveee Carpatian :D
Soo eaarly and soo nice :)

46039Carpatian_fem.jpg

46039Carpatian_fem2.jpg

46039Carpatian_fem3.jpg

thats some damn nice Carpatians your growing in the corn
when did they finish
what latitude are you from?
im from 56 north, Denmark and i might do some also Carpatians in corn this season
what was average yield etc?
i wonder why ive missed this thread until now?

Latest posts

Latest posts