What's new

OG and Chem Clone Shootout

T

THCV

So I have been growing Ghost OG for a couple years and it is a total bitch to grow, but killer smoke. I am on a mission to find a better og for myself, and I am including chems in the search. I am going to do my best to update this thread as I go along. Obviously this will be a long process. I am looking for an easy to grow, high yielding, super potent og...and I am guessing I'm not alone. :rasta: My setup is multiflow buckets and hydroton, in a sealed room with 1ks.

The shootout won't be very scientific, but it's all running in the same veg and flower rooms and with the same nute mix. Because I got different cuts at different times, they aren't all the same size at the same time. But I won't have a problem gaging their performance, even if yield per plant isn't truly discernible until after a few cycles.

So far, I have the following test plants that have just gone into flower.

Larry OG
Poison OG
SAC OG #2
Ghost OG
Chem 91

The following are recently potted clones:

Hell's Angels OG
XXX OG
Private Reserve OG
Chem D

I'll start with some veg pix of the first 5 right before they went into flower.

tried and true Ghost Cut

Poison - a robust contender

Larry - seems weak like Ghost (i mean growing, of course)

SAC2 - bizarrely tight internode spacing, stays very short and bushy. i can't see how this could be a commercial kush but we'll see...

And Chemdog 91, aka The Docta's Cut (i think). I really like it so far, grows great.

They are 3 weeks into flower now, so we'll have some juicy pix to follow, just gotta take em. So more to come shortly, along with the little ones.

Last edited:
T

THCV

don't know much. i like the idea that someone risked their life snagging it from HA though! here's what wick said in the So-cal clones thread:

wick650 said:
Its a really nice large calyx O.G cut, lots of fuel undertones. I've only run it once, but I'd say its one of the better O.G cuts. The cut was taken out of a op in Orange County being run for a few Nor Cal H.A.

it had a rough time rooting, so i can't say its promising so far, but it just got potted.

ShootinBudz

poison is the best of the best, from ghosts cut and abusive and what I was told was tahoe. That shit gets inside you, and starts vibrating, such a physical stone. True to its name, it is poisonous, as in poisons relations. . . an old friend of mine is no longer a friend after promising for months to hook up a cut, and then decided he would rather commercialize for export. . . Not like I'm missing much with chem #4 pumping out donkey dicks for me.

T

THCV

interesting, shootinbudz. poison roots about as poorly as ghost, but vegges a little better. it looks great in the pix, but in person it's hard to tell apart from ghost and larry. good to know it is killer og!

as for what i am missing, the ones that might be worth checking out next would be Tahoe, SFV, Abusive and Chem 4. But that will have to be the next generation after my latest babies. For now i have more than enough to keep track of while staying under 100!

Here's some finished Ghost:

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
good thread, very imformative, I have never had the real deal as far as the cuts your talking about, I did get some greenthumb og a couple years ago and had 3 very good easy cloning phenos, one was spot on with the lemon fuel smell and leaf curl with resen, the yield wasent that good on her but the other two were fat yielders but dident have the og smell.

O.G.#1

Its about time someone ran them all side by side! :headbange , your deffinitly right about the Ghost1 cut, for me it was hella picky and annoying in veg too, but if ya put up with her shed give ya some diesely OG Kush buds. IMHO shes in the same catigory with the Abusive OGKush flavorwise, not much of a lemon thing going on, more of a earthy pepper piney lime diesel dankness with that kushy undertone in there.

Too bad ya dont have the OGKushAbusive for shits n giggles, if ya ever do want her, you know who to holler at ;)

Last edited:

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Could be a interesting comparison. Ive smoked the Abusive.....decent/potent. At present have it in a PTK cross that is rocking the house. Crazy vigor! Almost forgot...good to see you around T! Got the Bubba S-1's up and am representing! Pics to follow in my thread.

Last edited:

RoastedO

Really cool thread :D.. They all look really nice, the Poision OG you have has some beautiful leaves and a nice structure to boot.. I think your gonna really dig the Chem D when you get her rockin. I don't get any lemon pine like SFV or kushyness like Bubba in there, its more swampy, mothball, earthy fuel funk & very potent. Taggin this one :rasta:... Look forward to see your results...

All the best,
RO

T

THCV

3.5 weeks into flower

3.5 weeks into flower

Ghost, Poison and Larry all grow very very similarly, including a peculiar leaf deformation that happens on all of them but on nothing else. You can see it in the pix. SAC remains a tiny bush. Ghost is holding up admirably so far; many of my ghosts vegged longer than the others, so it isn't totally fair, but nevertheless ghost is being quite robust overall, relatively. So is CD91. They are just beginning to get real stanky.

ghost

poison

Larry

chemdog 91

SAC

T

THCV

Veg

Veg

Here are the newer strains in veg. The slower ones are still in cubes:

Chem D

Larry

Private Reserve

SAC

CD91

Hell's Angels

Poison

sqwirl

I've got my recliner and enjoying this show.

The Ghost is my favorite OG that I have grown, but I'm hearing that Poison is similar but with added kick and flavor.

T

THCV

slips, i feed'em every 2 hrs lights on, once during lights off. The core is H&G, plus a whole mess of additives. Foliars too.

sqwirl, thanks for stopping by. What other OGs have you grown besides Ghost?

youkino, blue tinge sounds really nice, actually. But as you can see my HA has a long way to go.

OG#1, my ghost is very lemony/fuely. Less flowery than other ogs i have smelled (but didn't know what they were specifically).

jonesy, hope you kept the good cut!

HK, good to see you bro, glad you still have bubba s1 running. I will get Abusive i guess eventually, it just that I have never heard that it is anything but lesser when compared to the OGs i have. Still, worth finding out myself, as that's what this is all about.

RoastedO, i am excited to try Poison after the positive reviews it is getting here, but it is truly almost exactly like Ghost. Must be a Ghost S1...who knows. And yeah, I might actually be most excited about Chem D. It'll all be good though!

sqwirl

I guess I should have stated that. I've grown only the 818, Ghost, SFV, and now Poison. I have had cutz of a few you have listed above but wasn't able to root them.

I'm excited to watch your Hells Angel's OG. I have heard that gives 7 finger leaves!!

wick650

How are the aromas shaping up with the SAC#2 this time?

Check out how THCV gets these lanky O.G cuts to tighten up internodes & yeild

Last edited:

40oz

Wow thankyou this thread is helping me so much. I am running a lot of the same strains in my own multiflo system but I am only just about to start flowering.

I was wondering the stretch that you got with the og's?

I have mine running under 1k's with c02 they are Chem 91, Apothecary's OG & Chem, Kaia Kush, Private reserve og, Tangerine Kush and OG Grape.

T

THCV

sqwirl, how did 818 and SFV stack up for you to Ghost? Poison? I'd love to see if we can all build a consensus on which of these cuts are the true keepers. 7 finger OG sounds special...

wick, good to see you holmes. the SAC blows so far. It has a bit of a nute def look to some of its leaves, yellow and not healthy looking (surrounded by very healthy plants using the same res). I went and did the smell pinch on all the ogs today, and SAC was the only one that had pretty much no smell. Larry, Poison and Ghost all smell great, with Ghost being the lemoniest, Larry more flowery and Poison...well, it appears to be named that for a reason. CD91's smell is more subtle so far, but definitely chemmy/diesel smelling, no lemon. I also squeezed the catpiss and, ugh, it smells exactly like catpiss. I shouldn't be surprised. I've had cats for too long to keep around a strain that smells like a litter box! The best smelling in my garden here at almost 4 weeks: Trainwreck! As usual.

40oz, sounds like you're doing a good test too. Got a thread? I get very little stretch, you can see in the pix since stretch is over now and you have the before and afters of each plant. But your results might be different.

sqwirl

THCV well the Ghost is my favorite out of the bunch. The Ghost has the best taste but the smallest yeild. The SFV (not swerves) I have is barely lacking in taste compared to the Ghost, but has much better yeilds. The 818 I put into a different catagory. It's more kushy and less lemon pinesolly than the others. Completely different sides of the spectrum. And the 818 is definitly a keeper cause of this imo.

As for potency I believe they are all about the same. Not sure which one is better in this catagory.

I have a very nice mother of the Poison OG going, can't wait to try her out. She has grown very nicely in my environment, extremely vigorous and clones rooting in less than 10 days.

Hehe catpiss I like to describe her like a cat that pee'd in the couch. Almost like the litter box, but without all that nasty poo'y stuff.

I hear that Larry is a very special lady, hopefully I can get my hands on her soon!!

Latest posts

Latest posts