What's new

Wierd Growth... dam

gregger

Does any one know what causes this? I have heard reveg, and have spent more hours that I like making my room the dark side of the moon.

I have more pics of this in my current grow thread, link below.

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Can you give info about your growing conditions? We need lots of information, we can go by pics, but the cuse of the problem we need information to tell you why it was doing this......

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics

What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How tall are the plants?
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)
What is the Water temperature?
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy?
What Nutrient's are you using? How much of each if using multiple?
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using?
What is the pH of the "Tank"?
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment?
When was your last watering?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients?
What size bulb are you using?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor?
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
Can you give info about your growing conditions? We need lots of information, we can go by pics, but the cuse of the problem we need information to tell you why it was doing this......

i get this in alot of my gros aswell usualy the side branches more then anything could be a p/k def but might be a N overdose. looks like a side branch with a fat flower starting up, i wouldnt worry they look healthy otherwise.
get stuff every now and then.

Kr@kEn

Make sure you are blowing air onto the top of your canopy aiming between the tops of the plants and the bulb. Oscillating fan is highly recommended if you are not already using one.
I don't think it's too much N because the plants are not dark green enough for that to be the problem.
Avoid any kind of hormones for a while if you have been using any.

gregger

MynameStitch said:

I am using Aero Ponics. The plants that have this weird growth have been stunted and are not growing?

What STRAIN are you growing? - OG Kush and Bubba Kush Cross
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) - Clone
What is the age of your plants? - 3 weeks into flower with 3 weeks of veg priorHow tall are the plants?
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?- flower
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) - In 1.5" rockwool cubes with hydroton to fill the 3" cups
What is the Water temperature? - 68 degree f
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? - white with some brown nutrient stains
What Nutrient's are you using? How much of each if using multiple? House and Garden Aqua Flakes
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? - Hanna HI991404
What is the pH of the "Tank"? - 5.5-5.9
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? yes
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? - 3-4 weeks
What size bulb are you using? 600 watt hps
What is the distance to the canopy? 18"
What is the canopy temperature? - 80 degrees f
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) - 70-85
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) - intake 740 cfm plus 400 for extra cooling, exhaust 600 cfm
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? - yes intake is
Is your water HARD or SOFT? - RO water
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched - nope
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? - Thrips and Spinosad was used at the beginning of flower 3 weeks ago
Are plant's infected with pest's[/QUOTE] - not any more

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
We would most definatly have to see pics in order to even start as to what may be wrong.....

Your roots don't smell do they?

Roots are either all white or they have root rot, if it was nutrient stains the entire root area would be stained; you may have root rot dude; can you take pics of the roots?

gregger

MynameStitch said:
We would most definatly have to see pics in order to even start as to what may be wrong.....

Your roots don't smell do they?

Roots are either all white or they have root rot, if it was nutrient stains the entire root area would be stained; you may have root rot dude; can you take pics of the roots?

Hey Stitch, thanks for the consulting. I will take pictures of the roots for you. They do not smell but not all of them are stained. The new root growth is nice and white. This is so weird huh.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Yup, sounds like a case of the rot then; nutrients don't just stain part of the root and not the rest; it's either all or none.

But, get pics though; would really appreciate it :)

gregger

Photo Update

Photo Update

MynameStitch said:
Yup, sounds like a case of the rot then; nutrients don't just stain part of the root and not the rest; it's either all or none.

But, get pics though; would really appreciate it :)

Hey Stitch, loving the holiday spirit! Here are pictures of the plants who had this weird growth the worst and their roots. Also I had some leaf issues that I took pictures of too.

Plant 1 top:

Plant 1 roots:

Plant 2 top:

Plant 2 roots:

Leaf Problems:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
I hate to ask you this, cause I know you posted so many, but can you get the pictures without the HPS light on? The light really hides the problem well and it's very hard to see the plant and such with the light on, it hides the damage...

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
last pic seems like PM to me?....and look at the left of the netpots..seems like some slime on the roots?...but this is just my :2cents:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, core is right, on the left side there is some slime/root rot, the other looks like a discoloration from the nutrients used..... root rot is always darker brown than nutrient discoloration.

Your leaves may start to show problems now that you have it, hav you checked your water temps lately?

gregger

My water temps have been stable at 66 degrees f, as it is set by my chiller. What does PM stand for? I also dumped in a 5ml/gal dose of Hydroguard for protection on top of my 10ml/gal does 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
When you clean out your system, where do you keep your plants at?
PM stands for powdery mildew.......
Does not matter if you have hydroguard or other protection, if the bacteria gets too bad then it ends up over coming the protection you are using......

have you tested the water with a thermometer?

gregger

MynameStitch said:
When you clean out your system, where do you keep your plants at?
PM stands for powdery mildew.......
Does not matter if you have hydroguard or other protection, if the bacteria gets too bad then it ends up over coming the protection you are using......

have you tested the water with a thermometer?

I do not clean out my system during my grow since I cannot pull most of the net cups out from explosive root growth. I do change the res every 4 weeks and run 5ml/gal of H2O2 for a day, then reapply beneficial. The roots do not smell at all, but I did find a lot of dead root matter in the res that I removed.

The chiller has a digital read out that states 66 degrees and I double checked it with my Hanna pH/EC/temp meter and it read 67 degrees.

I would like to not that I did have this issue last time and someone noted it was reveg issues and during that grow I was running a sterilized system during the time... 3ml/gal of H2O2 every other day... http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=72051

Thanks for all the help Stitch, I appreciate it. I also missed taking lights right before the lights came on, will do today.

Last edited:

gregger

Hey Stitch, I got those photos taken with flash only. One of the lights did kick on but I think the pics are still good. I added seaweed extract last night and it made all the roots real brown, but I took the photos before that.

KABBAGE

I have a friend who buggered his roots up pretty good in an aero system using SuperOxy (H2O2) The rez was warm, but his roots by the end looked a lot like yours.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Now why did you do that, becausE now I can't tell if it's the nutrients or you have root rot....

also did you find out what your water temps are at? Don't forget to take pics of the plants with the flash on and the HPS Light off.....

Does your roots feel slimy or smell??

Last edited:

gregger

I know, I am just a problem child... or just stoned. I added seaweed for the first time along Hygrozyme for the first time to help this issue... than noticed that the seaweed extract added a brown/black tint to all the roots. What do you think of these additives for roots?

My Res has been holding steady at 67 degrees according to my chiller and ph meter.

The roots don't smell like anything bad, just the typical earthy smell that new roots have. My res smells just fine, but there are some dead roots, so I am hoping the Hygrozyme takes care of it. Some roots are a little slimy. Definitely not as healthy as they used to be but roots do age as the plant does.

What do you think about the previous thread I had last time about this issue?