What's new

preparing for rotating garden system

IBsmokin

I scored a used Bonzai rotating garden from a friend who used it only 3 times, so I had to prep a location for growing.

a friend had a spare room in their basement that was 12 feet by 20 feet.
I decided I would build a mother room next to this room.

so we built up a frame for room

frame up, room measures 12 feet by 6 feet.

jiprock hung and door put in place.

Inside room was plastered and painted flat white and intake was place so there would be a natural suction of air into mother room

and then another one on the other side with a fan to suck air from the mother room into budding room, where it will then go thru a carbon filter then up to the roof and out.

added first light a high output T5 8 bulb fixture, more to go in soon enough.

Last edited:

IBsmokin

While I was building room I did some searching for great strains that might work well in a rotating garden, so I ended up with about 20 strains.

my first run of beans I started germing

Bodhi's Bubba D (Bubba kush clone x Rez's Sour Diesel)
Bodhi's Bubba Chunk (Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk)
Bodhi's Purple Kush x Blockhead
Bodhi Mix
Bodhi's Purple Kush x Kings kross
Aerics LA Pure Kush x F-13
Mandalla's Hashberry
and My very own creation Precinct 39

IBsmokin

once these beans are done and I have my mothers selected, I will germ some more strains I have that i want to slap in the Bonzai. it has 25 arms which hold 10 plants on each arm so 250 plants, so i like to run a number of different strains each grow.

it will be an interesting experience finding the perfect strains for this system.
I am gonna try to do 25 mothers for each run to find the best of the best.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Awesome man i will be sittin in for this grow. My buddy used to run two of the big omega gardens and would pull almost three pounds off each one. Cant wait to see to this grow in action. Good Luck.

IBsmokin

Yah the buddy I bought the garden from got 3 and half pounds from his last run with it. they say it has the potential to give 5 lbs.

I want to have LED shining in on the sides to go with the HPS.

I am only going to veg for a few days in the mother room then they go directly on the rotating garden 12 on 12 off.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Nice. My buddy used to run this awesome purple pheno of bubba kush and it stayed squat but produced super fat. are you planning on finding a mom out of the seedlings?

Last edited:

IBsmokin

I am germing 8 beans each of 8 strain, well really more cause I am germing 12 beans from the Bodhi mix which is deep chunk, flubba, bluemoonshine, afgooey, double purple doja and a few other hybrids, so lords knows what i will find in there.

my plans are to grow out the beans, cut clones, then sex the clones, keep all females, and and then run them all thru to find out which mothers are keepers. so I might end up with lets say 5 females from the Bubba D, I run them all thru but 1 stretches too much and grows into light, trash that femle, and lets say 1 herms, trash that female, and one has a shitty buzz but 2 females kick ass, i keep those two of course.
I might get a strain with 4 pheno types and two phenos are keepers and two are garbage.
so it will be an interesting journey.

IBsmokin

Nubie Biatch said:
Obviously money is not an object!

How much HID lighting will you be using?

in the mother room I am going to run 4 T5's (8 bulbs), 2 blue T8's (3 bulbs)and 4 regular floros (2 bulbs)

so basically, wall, T5, then regular, then T8, then regular, then T5 then wall, two rows

plus I want blue LED's shootin light from walls

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, definately gonna watch this thread. Seen those rotating garden things in loads of shops, would love to see some photos of one in use!

IBsmokin

Hurricane Noel smacked into eastern Canada and knocked out power for over 2 days and it was below freezing temps, I am not sure how many seedlings I lost till tomorrow after then been on light over night, just got power back a few hours ago!

B

Bigtimer7

Damn cant wait to see how this goes and which ones are keepers and what is the perfect strain for the rotating garden. I cant wait to see how this goes! I herd reports that this particular model of the rotating garden broke and was not durable? If this is as good or better than the omega garden then people could be saving a lot of money! I cant wait to see how this goes and thank you for educating people on this type of garden.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IBsmokin said:
Hurricane Noel smacked into eastern Canada and knocked out power for over 2 days and it was below freezing temps, I am not sure how many seedlings I lost till tomorrow after then been on light over night, just got power back a few hours ago!

Sorry to hear that IB, hope the seedlings are alright!

G

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE OUT COME ON THIS PROJECT. I GOT MY SEAT PULLED UP.

A

avgjoe

This should be interesting! I am interested in seeing which phenos produce the best on this system.

IBsmokin

OK got some updated pics for everyone

well great news the babies survive the blackout and are doin great, put a little too much granulated kelp in soil mix so some got a tad bit burnt on the tips but I flushed the soil good and they seem to be doing great.

heres some group shots,

Latest posts

Latest posts