What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Cough a work in progress

G

a short history on this seed...........

i aquired this strain off Cbay in S2 form. the S2s were done by goldeneye. i purchased three packs and have grown some out, good weed but not the SB clone they were selfed from.

sent a good bit of the seed around. sensa soak was used to self the plant is my understandin. most plants that ive seen have had quite a bit of the haze in um, no really short noded phat leafed plants showin up in the s2s. though Im sure there out there.

I grower that I sent a few seeds to found a male in the seed. he made more seed and sent a whack back at me. nieksin also found a male in his seed from the same stock.

so here ive sproutrd 20 beans that will call the SF1 grow, just for ref(selfed first sibcross) as i havent found much info on selfed seed work besides S1 work.

in these plants ive found 8 short noded phat leafed indy dom type plants, some in the middle and the lanky sativa dom type plants which is what ive seen the most in grows. I beleive the SB plants will show up more in the indy dom plants.thats just a guess:D

and heres a more sativa lookin plant

the goal is to find the SB plants, and hopefully work um into a decent seed batch, see if the selfin is gonna produce a high percentage of hermies(if this is the case ill scrap the project).

heres some more shots to check out

CBF

G

some more...

some more...

.........of the stouter plants

currently have 75 seeds to look over, and will be usin this thread to record this little project. for those of ya that have received fem seed from me, id welcome your pics and input here.

hopefully in the very near future icers will have access to the beans from these plants. will send a couple packs of the SF1s out to grow along here:D

CBF

G

King said:
https://cannabisworld.org/vbportal/...11&perpage=15&highlight=goldeyes&pagenumber=1

CBF take a look at this ^^^^ It starts about Orgnkid, but than gets into Goldeyes. I highly suggest you take a gander. GE was a scammer.

thanks king, makes me feel.........to bad for the purp kush in my current grow, purple food colored hemp, LOL. fug it finish um and see if there shit :D

as far as the SBcough, yeah I seen hermies, and as i said my bud and nieksen got males. most that have grown it liked the smoke. CC thought it was closer to a AK47, LOL so from that thread ay CW it could be anything, most thought the SBcough wasnt a scam. . dont know ive not had either, pretty much why i bought um.

the plants i smoked werent bad and if ya search you will see what I thought of um. I thought they had a soapy taste, and a few growers out of vermont backed that up, sayin the SBcough strain had that taste . the SB clone is a exceptional plant from the population is my understandin. the actual strain is not all SB tastin.

anyway, im gonna take a look and spend the time with these plants and others to follow.

thanks for the heads up, i had heard some time back GE was fuggin up. to bad really, she was a cool chick.

CBF

friendlyfriend

Veteran
I don't know about all this and that but can I say for the record your SB cough clone ( not the one CC{which was a good smoke grew but the sativa pheno you found) has done the unthinkable in my garden.... It is the 1st strain I had to Put a stake in the ground and tie up budsites because the tops are soo dense and heavy that the stem cannot sustain the weight. I have grown a few varieties this year and IMHO the SBC I am currently growing is the most resinous top heavy plant I have grown to date. She doesnt really smell like anything in peticular... very green scent at the moment but with definately some sorta fresh produce? scent...

I sent out all my SBC clones and do not have any left because I was told by one recipient that upon flowering the clone it produced balls? Now the this grower only has one other grow under his belt but I believe him. Although I have not noticed any balls as of yet on this incredible plant but I remain vigalent.

Ok, I wanna summarize my strawberry cough expirience brought to you in sponsor by CBF....
The strain is phenomenal, I mean the first time I tasted it I really enjoyed the expirience and the second time with another pheno (the one I am currently growing) I couldnt stop blabbing about it till I started growing it! Then the latent period while she vegged and mothered clones for many.... now she's flowering and I am amazed. I will thoroughly enjoy this smoke come christmas time and hopefully this spring give those crosses I been nuturing a shot!

By the way boinkadoink is growing your 3 crosses you sent me, via me. :D

Stay up

Last edited:
G

Im glad you are enjoyin the plant FF. i didnt have male flowers on it either the two times iran it but a local grower and a few others at OG seen some. so i think there has to be some stress in those grows to make it hermie. either way that plant is gone. and a fresh start for the SB pheno.

what crosses might they be, lol. send so much seed around not sure what i sent ya. hope they were good ones for boink:D

CBF

G

veggin along

veggin along

some updated pics from today. few of the plants have a very purp stalk(nitro?) and some a streaked look to um. the rest the classic green.

some really nice phat leafed, thick stalked plants in this pop.

pretty happy with the way these have turned out so far. actually grow out quite a bit better than the selfed seed did.

over all there is plenty of plant types to choose from, and there is a runt in yhere as well. other wise the plants pretty much have a even growth rate with the more sativa lookin plants a bit taller. all have been topped at the 2cd to 3rd nodes.

i will be makin seed with these and lookin at more of the so called SF1s, when these go to flower. so follow along and if your interest is peaked by what ya see, just shoot me a line.

CBF

G

hey bartender, out of the 20 sprouted plants id say there are 5 indy dom, one real short stout plant, 5 to 6 sativa dom, and the rest a mix of each. yjere are prolly at least 5 or six with the strong purple stalk, and it could just be these plants require a bit more nitro, or its genetic, as they all were in the same tray and bottom fed the same nutes.

CBF

G

Looking Nice Guys!!...
Really wanna try this strain some day too.... Ya'll make it look so good..
~Strawberry Fields ForEver~

G

SF1s...........

SF1s...........

the few packs of SF1s I had to give up, have been spoken for:( this thread will run for some time and ill let ya all know when seed from this grow is ready. ill be makin a crap load of seed so plenty to go around to ICers:D

bartender, that plant is lookin real good. none of the ones I grew had that leaf structure, yours looks like a very sativa dom plant. lookin forward to how she smokes for ya:D

tragic and grat3ful, thanks for checkin in, if these plants work put, then youll have some in your OP :D

if ya all havent seen friendlyfriends post"SB from clone" your missin some fantastic bud shots from Lil Diddle. the last few pics she put up were amazin, buds are white with trics. a real gooey girl........the plant that is :biglaugh:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=6820

CBF

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
It's going to be an interesting project :) Keep us updated CBF
Good luck