What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

rkrone's micro cab

G

i had this old cd rack thing that was really tiny and i had a vision... :joint:

this is the micro cab i made yesterday, it has 2 foam core walls (one is hinged for a door), a standard pc fan and mylar lined walls and currently has a 90 watt equivalent cfl as the lightsource.

I cant wait to see how it works a a growbox. :joint:

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
would be a perfect clone box for sure. are you doin a full grow? if so, you better keep us updated!

G

it will be a clonebox once i get some mothers, but right now its this seedlings new home.

alphacat

I know that it's not much different from using wooden walls and mylar, but bear in mind that both foamcore and mylar will burn the f*ck up quick if lit.

You could buy some peace of mind with one of those automatic fire extinguishers they sell for boats and planes though...

Last edited:
G

well i have the fan to draw heat out and the reflector is made out of a soda can which seems to be dissipating heat as well, i am very wary of the fire hazard potential but so far so good

G

3 days in soil with a bag over top in my version of a red green tub (no pics of that up yet)

KB420

It seems like my sprouts are stuck, they havent seem to grown any the past few days. Maybe its because i check on them so much. I cant keep away from them :smile:

KB420

No but ill go take some right now. I only have a camera phone so it will be kinda blury.

Edit: Actully id better wait for my dad to go to bed, should be within the next 15-20 mins or so. When he does ill post them up.

Last edited:

KB420

Yo trust me dude. I know you guys think its super risky growing in my dads house. But the chances of him finding it are only about 5-10% Not even that. Thanks for being concerned tho :smile:

KB420

Nah hes downstairs on his comp gettin drunk. haha, he drinks to help him sleep. Read your PM's! :smile:

G

you gotta move that plant a LOT closer to your light or you'll only be seein stem stretch and no leaf growth. Get that seedling an inch or so away if its not too hot. When i was growing with cfls, when the plalnts were that tiny id keep them within a 1/2 inch and be constantly adjusting to keep the tops that distance from the light. It looks like you have at least 6 inches of dead space there, so let that plant get intimate with the light already! :p

G

it is within two inches i just took the risers out for a more aesthetically pleasing picture, i actually switched the bulb and it will now be a flowering box for the seedling in the pic. there has been a lot of threads regarding this topic lately and i figured i would try it.

i will update with pics soon

G

good stuff, just keep the tops close to the lightswith plenty of air movement and you'll be good :)

Latest posts

Latest posts