What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What can be done with coco slabs and drippers

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i thought i'd open a thread showing what can be achieved with slabs and drippers in a recirculating system. with only a 4 day veg phase in the slabs.

4186white12-med.jpg

you will notice that the light has only just turned on, sun up so to speak

4186white13-med.jpg

as you can see these white widow ladies are just waiting for the chop. the slabs ec is below 0.6 and the fan leaves have all turned yellow for lack on N. perfect time for harvest with about 10 % amber trichome heads.

4186white14-med.jpg

as you can see 30 plants per 600watt lamp is pretty darn perfect. more plants would be crowdy, less would need more then 3 or 4 days of veg on the slabs. each lamp has approx 1 meter by 1.35 of space to light up.

4186white15-med.jpg

that bluish shimmer is not natural, it's the color correction of photoshop supposedly reducing the hps glare.

4186white16-med.jpg

here we are with a few close up cola shots, not really very good, but gives you an idea. this is the typical sativa bud structure of my keeper ww.

4186white17-med.jpg

more close ups of my favorite keeper queen widow :D

4186white18-med.jpg

another very nice yielding plant from that see of green. what more can you want from any medium?

4186white19-med.jpg

here we have one that shows some trichomes :D

that particular harvest was achieved without pk13/14, only the A+B nutes, cannazym and bioboost all the way through 12/12. you will never believe how low the ec has to be kept to get this WW to yield properly. she's known as a bad yielder by most people lol. when actually she is just incredibly nute shy. i also used rhizotonic at 1/2 ml per lt. till week 6 of 12/12.

4186white20.jpg

the problem is not only is she nute shy, she will not show symptoms of over ferting other than making small buds. you can imagine how difficult that made things, till i finally discovered how well she grew with a lower ec level. specially as she is just so tasty that even with shity yield people grow her for the taste and high.

anyway this WW is pretty unique in that way, i have never known an other strain do so well with such a low ec level.

B

bonecarver_OG

interesting :D

how much A+B for the WW? ml/10L?

Last edited:

George

i really really do want to try coco within the next few grows. it seems like such a crazy medium. only thing im not digging is the lack of organic ferts. sure ive seen people do it with PBP (organic...)but everything ive heard just reccomend the more chemmy ferts such as canna, but i want ease ofuse...which canna seems to be. another factor that i cant deal with right now is not letting the medium go dry since i leave on weekends. well see but none the less...very nice. is it commercial? dotn see too many commercial grows liek that.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i start her normally at 1.25ml per litter ec 1.0 and work up to ec 1.4 (2ml per lt.) in the first 14 days of 12/12 then back down to approx. 1.5 ml A+b per litter of water, ec of 1.1 for the rest of the way through. i know it sounds strange, but after many years that's the only way to get this plant to make a good yield. i used to grow her on the edges for the fine taste and heavy stone, until one day i put a few of them on the side of the grow like before, but in pots of earth this time, so i used the earth fert from canna which has a ec of 1.1 the plants turned out better then ever before and that got me pointed in the right direction to get them dialed in perfectly.

stikky budz

Excellant grow. Those pictures are inspiring :D

I never have understood why WW is known as bad yielder by some, i've had amazing results too (Dutch Passion), though mine was quite the nute eater. (N.F.T that grow)

How many plants per slab Gaiusmarius?

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
that is alot of bud!!! Hey gaiusmarius :wave:

how many slabs are under each lamp, i see you mention there are 30 plants per light. also were they started in cubes then moved to slabs or straight slabs? thanks man!!

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
oh man i should be really proud.. i had the pleasure to taste your keeper multiple times and IT IS the most tasty WW ive ever smoked.. awsome pheno=great high

Quite a few growers say its "nute shy" and some others say it showed nute deficiency and used to eat like a motherfucker.. how come? is it a pheno thing? what you think about it buddy?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
George said:
i really really do want to try coco within the next few grows. it seems like such a crazy medium. only thing im not digging is the lack of organic ferts. sure ive seen people do it with PBP (organic...)but everything ive heard just reccomend the more chemmy ferts such as canna, but i want ease ofuse...which canna seems to be. another factor that i cant deal with right now is not letting the medium go dry since i leave on weekends. well see but none the less...very nice. is it commercial? dotn see too many commercial grows liek that.

as far as i can tell from what folks are posting, you can use organics in coco, you just need to use a few additives as well. as far as i read the canna bio fert is a multi purpose fert. it just can't be used in a tank as it's made to be used up within a few hours of adding it to your water. that stuff is a thick black syrup, lol. so if you wanted to hand water anyway, then this bio fert would be fine. it's just the fact that it won't keep in a tank and because it will block your drippers, that i have never tried it on my coco.

stikky budz said:
Excellant grow. Those pictures are inspiring

I never have understood why WW is known as bad yielder by some, i've had amazing results too (Dutch Passion), though mine was quite the nute eater. (N.F.T that grow)

How many plants per slab Gaiusmarius?

thanks man, i think the low yield thing is to do with the different WW's you can get today.

i always put 4 plants in 1 coco slab.

the cult said:
Great shots, great grow! Do you run additional co2?

no i don't add co2, i have a 1800qm/h exhaust ventilator hooked up to a climate controller.

The Dopest said:
that is alot of bud!!! Hey gaiusmarius

how many slabs are under each lamp, i see you mention there are 30 plants per light. also were they started in cubes then moved to slabs or straight slabs? thanks man!!

there are normally, either 7 and a half, or 8 slabs per light. depending on the table size, 1.5 meter wide or 2 meters wide.

i always spend a good week to 10 days letting my clones get rooted into the rw cubes, only once the roots are growing out the bottom of the cubes will i plant them on the coco slabs. this allows me to save using all the lamps when they are sill small.

bonecarver_OG said:
im definetly going to mimik this for my slabs setup

wow, now that's a compliment, thanks man. high praise indeed, lol.

WAMEN said:
oh man i should be really proud.. i had the pleasure to taste your keeper multiple times and IT IS the most tasty WW ive ever smoked.. awsome pheno=great high

Quite a few growers say its "nute shy" and some others say it showed nute deficiency and used to eat like a motherfucker.. how come? is it a pheno thing? what you think about it buddy?

the pleasure was all mine WAMEN, i'm really glad you enjoyed it. we had a great time, i'm just sad that you can't make it for the 420.

the thing with the WW is that it has lost any distinct characteristics, because there are some many different types of WW on the market now. some of them seem to be completely different strains, let alone pheno types.

anyway many thanks for dropping in guys.

gm

B

bonecarver_OG

gaius - i just cant think of any one more suited - ur setup is flawless

G

wooow GM words cant explain it.... u just do it right & make it look so dam easy....

**GL**

bullseye

hello gaius that setup look looks perfect .And the feeding till u get run of has changed my thoughts on coco for ever .that was priceless infomation thank you! my coco grow is only going this great because of you and you telling us the way you feed on one of them hazey days at the cup . we wont even speek about how strong gaius ww bubble is.keep up the great work dude. bullseye

N

Neptune

Lovely pics, and information GM. I have always been impressed by your COCO skills.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
high so sky fly in the

high so sky fly in the

Indica Sativa said:
Simply amazing! I really don't know what else to say lol

you are kind, but it isn't difficult. you just need to get the details right. coco is very easy :D

bonecarver_OG said:
gaius - i just cant think of any one more suited - ur setup is flawless

lol, thanks Bonecarver i appreciate the thumbs up bro. but i have to admit that perfection has not been achieved yet, lol. i need AC for summers to make it perfect, but i don't have any juice to spare for AC, so perfection will have to go a begging, hehe.

**Green Label** said:
wooow GM words cant explain it.... u just do it right & make it look so dam easy....

**GL**

it helps to know the strain inside out. but apart from that it isn't difficult. but thanks anyway man.

bullseye said:
hello gaius that setup look looks perfect .And the feeding till u get run of has changed my thoughts on coco for ever .that was priceless infomation thank you! my coco grow is only going this great because of you and you telling us the way you feed on one of them hazey days at the cup . we wont even speek about how strong gaius ww bubble is.keep up the great work dude. bullseye

we had a great time at the cup, it was great fun getting to know you guys. peter always brings good people with him, lol. i really enjoyed hanging out and chatting about growing.

i'm very pleased to hear that i was able to give you a pointer or two on the coco grow. i hope to see you at the 420 again man? think you can make it? i have a special load of ww trim waiting in the freezer to be turned into bubble goodness :D maybe i'll have some victory bubble too?

Neptune said:
Lovely pics, and information GM. I have always been impressed by your COCO skills.

hello Neptune, long time no see eh? hope all is going and growing well for you man. thanks for the compliment. your no slouch either when it comes to growing the dank, lol :D

thanks for the interest everyone, here we have a few more...:wave:

4186white121-med.jpg

4186white151-med.jpg

bullseye

hope i can make the 420 dude and ill be staying away from your bubble it should have a warning sticker on your bong ha ha LOL a few peaple stared into space at the seed boutique after a hit of that bubble.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
^^why should we need a warning about staring into space?
I was under the impression that was the point...
congrats GM on the new status

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
@ bullseye

yeah would be fun if you made it.
that was a rather nice batch of ww bubble i must admit. :D

@ trichomefarmer

lol yes indeed getting sky high is the whole point. :joint:
i think bullseye was just being nice?
thanks tf.

Xtrakritical

WOW GM! Awesome growin brother!!!

Gonna start calling you the slab-father... lol well thats sounds a bit weird, so I'll have to work on something else!

Keep up the great work!
Very Inspiring... we are sure to get a few new coco growers after seein your knock out ladies!

Also congrats on new title! ;)

Xtra
Xtra

Latest posts

Latest posts