What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
dubi what is your average yield for panama indoors? I know it differs but I was wondering what your yeild usually be?

I am growing a pack of Panama outside and really love the plants, strong and vigorous, wider leaved than the Malawi alongside, so believe they will finish earlier, and so planted with that in mind.

Indoors is very possible, you can actually get very good yields with pure Sativas like this, it just takes a bit of care, plus trial and error. My oldest growing buddy ran his pure Swazi indoors in London in a 9x9 sea of Green, 81 plants per square meter.... SoG is "normally" 7x7, 15cm pots, 49 plants per M2, but as Sativas are so slim, you can stack more in there and really nail the yields, he was getting over 1,200 g/m2 with 2x 400w lamps, more than most people manage with high yielding Indica dom strains. These were flowered very small, but with roots, otherwise the sizes are too much of a lottery. Growing in individual pots would be easier still, in coco plants do not seem to stretch like they do in Active Hydro systems and you can also play "hopscotch" and move your plants around to perfect the ideal "Stadium" effect to maximise your light.

F

Fluffy Clouds

I am growing a pack of Panama outside and really love the plants, strong and vigorous, wider leaved than the Malawi alongside, so believe they will finish earlier, and so planted with that in mind.

great! :woohoo: any pics? please..

wingdings

Veteran
Hi dubi. I am growing a female pack of Panama indoors under a 600 hps. Will these train well with fim, topping multiple times?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
As requested :

album.php

Foreground, the Purple stemmed Panama, then a "male" that got FIMmed, then later correctly ID'ed as a Lady, she has grown as 4 main shoots, far center left a dense Panama, apologies for poor pic quality, phone..

As seen before, growing in Coco makes for a very compacted plant, growing in the ground seems to make them very stretchy, I have no good ideas why ... but it seems to be the case.

Dr Purpur, AFAIK, FIM is a slightly squashed growing tip, Supercropping is a stem twist/squash below the top. The squashed growing tip from a FIM allows the Auxins, Growth Hormones time to migrate elsewhere in the upper parts of the plant... If you top, you remove them altogether and the plant has to remanufacture them, setting her back 10 days or so, Supercropping, IMO is a way of training the plant top over to redistribute the Auxins by making the tip sit at 90 degrees or less without actually tying her down. Personally I just like to tie them down and spread them out to maximise light use.

One of my Panama's is a freaky girl, no explanation, she started off like this, less vigour than the others, no signs at all of growing out of this, otherwise happy...

album.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
That sounds like a great cross!

My Blue Kush x Panama (Panama Blue) Is kicking ass too. I have 4 females and one male, all over 4' tall. Im real excited about my Panama crosses, as Panama was a real treat to smoke.

It makes real good dry sift Kief too
picture.php

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Wow, Dr. Purpur! Would love to sprinkle some of that on my morning cereal.

Gandalb - The potential for being Warp 9'd with that plant must be off the charts. Phenomenal!

wingdings

Veteran
:plant grow:Wow these Panamas are very vigorous from seed. I need to veg them for 2 months along with these Malawi x haze until I have space in flower. Glad I've got a 8' tall flower room I'm gonna need it!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
:plant grow:Wow these Panamas are very vigorous from seed. I need to veg them for 2 months along with these Malawi x haze until I have space in flower. Glad I've got a 8' tall flower room I'm gonna need it!
]
Be careful, you may need more then that. I grew one outdoors in a shady spot in clay soil and it shot over 8 foot. Sweet bud. Relaxing, yet stimulates as well, I smoke a bowl then Im ready to play in the garden with a relaxed mind and body, but plenty of energy as well

wingdings

Veteran
I plan on topping them multiple times to spread them out and slow their veg a little. Plus a nice bending and tying session in flower. Thanks for the heads up.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Panama Blue cross

Panama Blue cross

My Panamas this year are crossed with Blue Kush. They are still way too tall for this early, even after super cropping and bending them. They have filled a 10 x 10 enclosure and have nowhere else to go now , except up. I have many crosses, including the crosses Nevil hand picked and sent to me. He told Me they were his best. I will be crossing the panama with those as well, as I have a beautiful large Panama Blue male, in bloom right now

wingdings

Veteran
Wow I can't wait to flower these Panamas. Those crosses sound stellar Dr. Purpur. What did Nevil hand you if you dont mind me asking? I want to breed a Panama red with Malawi and see where that takes me, probably the moon haha. 3rd eye experience is the goal.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Wow I can't wait to flower these Panamas. Those crosses sound stellar Dr. Purpur. What did Nevil hand you if you dont mind me asking? I want to breed a Panama red with Malawi and see where that takes me, probably the moon haha. 3rd eye experience is the goal.

Nevilles Haze33 x Kariba

Nevilles Haze35 x Oaxacan 04

Nevilles Haze21 Mulimbimby Madness (S)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
dubi what is your average yield for panama indoors? I know it differs but I was wondering what your yeild usually be?

Hello Ras Sativa,

If correctly grown with at least 20 days of vegging and good light intensity (preferably 600 w/m2) easily between 25-30 gr per plant.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
As requested :

View Image

Foreground, the Purple stemmed Panama, then a "male" that got FIMmed, then later correctly ID'ed as a Lady, she has grown as 4 main shoots, far center left a dense Panama, apologies for poor pic quality, phone..

As seen before, growing in Coco makes for a very compacted plant, growing in the ground seems to make them very stretchy, I have no good ideas why ... but it seems to be the case.

Dr Purpur, AFAIK, FIM is a slightly squashed growing tip, Supercropping is a stem twist/squash below the top. The squashed growing tip from a FIM allows the Auxins, Growth Hormones time to migrate elsewhere in the upper parts of the plant... If you top, you remove them altogether and the plant has to remanufacture them, setting her back 10 days or so, Supercropping, IMO is a way of training the plant top over to redistribute the Auxins by making the tip sit at 90 degrees or less without actually tying her down. Personally I just like to tie them down and spread them out to maximise light use.

One of my Panama's is a freaky girl, no explanation, she started off like this, less vigour than the others, no signs at all of growing out of this, otherwise happy...

View Image

Lovely outdoor panamas Chaos Catalunya :D Great vigor and health, wish they continue on the same way so we can enjoy an amazing harvest at the end. And im very happy also that you find a purple panama girl ;) Not so easy to find, please save clones they can be VERY special!

Changing topic, my experience is the opposite, usually plants grown in coco stretches more than in soil, but this is just me and there are many other variables that affect stretching.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My Panamas this year are crossed with Blue Kush. They are still way too tall for this early, even after super cropping and bending them. They have filled a 10 x 10 enclosure and have nowhere else to go now , except up. I have many crosses, including the crosses Nevil hand picked and sent to me. He told Me they were his best. I will be crossing the panama with those as well, as I have a beautiful large Panama Blue male, in bloom right now

Im glad you are having fun with your own crosses Dr Purpur, Panama is an amazing tool for both sativa x indica hybrids and pure sativa hybrids. I bet Nevil Haze x Panama would be an amazing sativa hybrid. The nevil crosses sound evil, how is your Mulimbimby Madness ? Im very curious about this one, it's a sativa i always wanted to experience but havent had the pleasure yet. The Panama Blue polm looks yummy :D Have a great season!