What's new

I built a drying box today...

G

What do you guys think?

The fan blows at only 30cfm or so - not enough to overdry too much. There are holes drilled in the bottom for air uptake...

What do we have here? A storage box?

What? With a power cord?

Those arent for filing!

Total cost, $50.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Nice! May even want to consider removing those trays and hanging a line in there to hang the buds from, better air circulation.

nothing wrong with the trays though

G

Well, we'll see how it works in about a week. I have a sample nug in there now just to see.....

If it werent for the holes in the bottom, I could dump dessicant in there to help dry as well.... Instead I might just put a tupperware with some in it on one of the racks...

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Oh no, I'm not saying I see a problem, just offering a suggestion :) With those holes I'm sure you'll get great airflow. just offering a different method, some people swear by hang drying.

G

NiteTiger said:
Oh no, I'm not saying I see a problem, just offering a suggestion :) With those holes I'm sure you'll get great airflow. just offering a different method, some people swear by hang drying.
I will probably still hang for the first 1-3 days until they crisp enough that I know Im not laying a wet side down. :)

G

Hey jumblyjoe gr8 idea :woohoo:
Im gonna be interested what kinda results ur gonna get, keep us posted. what type of fan are you using? :joint:

G

$50. :pointlaug

American Harvester dehydrator - $39 US K-Mart

6 adjustable racks and a fan already mounted! :bat:

COMPLETE WITH POWER CORD!!!!! :yoinks:

(2-3 hour quick dry, 24 hour complete dehydration)

Plug 'n Play :woohoo:

But, nice job - and great use of another tub. Lots of money and time on yer hands? :joint:

Last edited:
G

hey 1tokeOverLine, i just looked the American Harvester dehydrator up and managed to find some in the uk, does using this degrade the finished product in any way? approx how much can u fit in the trays? is it best to fill it completely or half full? any info would be appreciated thx...
sorry if it seems i have hijacked ur thread jumblyjoe

G

Out of respect fer the thread owner I'll PM ya. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack, just wanted you to know there are cheap options out there that work well.