What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In your opinion, which elite cuts will still be around in 20 years?

Heavy

In your opinion, what elite cuts will still be around in 20 years?

Will people still be running cuts like Pre-98 Bubba, SFV OG Kush, Chem D, and other current staple strains 20 years from now?

Discuss.

growhi

cuts dont last forever , sooner or later they give up the ghost and stop been viable , as the g13 did and numurouse others !

fads come and go, what stands the test of time are unique highs and flavours !

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The sour diesel will be one of those strains that will be around for ages :)

purple_man

Veteran
none i guess, and if one is still around, it most likely will be some selfed "recreation" or a full on mislabel (see all the "theoretical" OG cuts)...

blessss

Max Yields

OG Kush, Purple Kush, Chem D & Sour Diesel come to mind...Although I'm sure plenty more will be around.

Grizz

Veteran
lol , some of the elites have been around 20 years already, why not 40 years ? you can keep these bitches alive and healthy forever, there no different that roses or fruit tree's,

Bi0hazard

Veteran
OG Kush, Pre98 Bubba, East Coast Sour Diesel, Haze, GDP at least... Let's make it happen!

supherbb

A Pre98 Bubba IBL would be sweet, it's one of the only plants I've come across in my limited experience that really stood out as a gem.

I've seen some serious dank, but Bubba is one of if not my favorite strain to date. Just my experience though, I have insomnia and it seems like whenever I have some Bubba around I'm sleepin' much better.

I have 4 Pre98 Bubba S1's to pop, but I'm not sure if it's worth making seeds from fems? If anyone could shed light on that subject it'd be appreciated.

master shake

What is the best way to accomplish the maximum life of a cut? Cloning a clone of a clone of a clone..... I understand can result in loss of vigor. So would a better method be revegetating and flowering out or just leaving a mom in veg for years and years, transplanting and trimming the root ball?

healthy mother plants give healthy clones.

even Shanti Baba of MNS, has stated he starts new mother plants each year.
it is not the practice of using a cut of a cut that is the problem but what can happen
to the cutting after being removed from the mother plant.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
for me Green Crack already been around for yrs. and M12 Creeper, been alive since 1992, zing 20yrs already!

SGS

shmalphy

Veteran
A Pre98 Bubba IBL would be sweet, it's one of the only plants I've come across in my limited experience that really stood out as a gem.

I've seen some serious dank, but Bubba is one of if not my favorite strain to date. Just my experience though, I have insomnia and it seems like whenever I have some Bubba around I'm sleepin' much better.

I have 4 Pre98 Bubba S1's to pop, but I'm not sure if it's worth making seeds from fems? If anyone could shed light on that subject it'd be appreciated.
Do it, you might have hermies, but if you grow out enough seeds, you could find a keeper. That is how you make an IBL. You might have to go a few generations in before it stabilizes.

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
How about 40 years from now? Think you'll still be able to find legit Pre-98 Bubba, OG Kush, Chem D, and other staple strains of today in the year 2050? Will there be totally new and unrelated strains/cuts that dominate the scene or will everything just be watered down decedents or improved versions of the strains we know today?

What's your guess as to what the growing scene will be like in the year 2050?

Latest posts

Latest posts