What's new

True Oaxacan Highland Land Race Sativa and 'Sticky Retardo'

Probably, the buds didnt come into contact with any pollen so they should be fem I believe.. (I think it works like that) But yea.. I might. The sticky retardo before the Oax though..

I'm thinking about getting some seed stock of these and crossing it with a tasty sweet strain :D

G

For the record, the above strains were grown by me, The Oaxacan is genuine LandRace from 1978, baby [no BS] and the Sticky Retardo is a spontaneous Sativa that no doubt came from some really good commercial bagweed. The Sticky Retardo was named, by my homie and I, with the late great Desi Arnaz [Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy] in mind, what can I say, we were stoned at the time. This is great stuff from my family in the coffee growing region in the jungle highlands above the West Coast of Oaxaca just before getting to Huatulco. :D

Paz y mas...

G

I would love to run into sticky retardo down at the copa cabanna. Or was that the copa cannabis.

Last edited:

marimbas

Hello! Nice Oaxaqueña!!! apestocita la cabrona!

Gypsy has a freebie called Oaxacan Sativa, its also the real deal!!! He got him himself! So if you order something ask for the oaxacan sativa freebie! Its the real deal!

G

So's mine, baby, soy Oaxaqueño. What can I say? But I still love Gypsys genetics, you just can't beat that businessman's wares.

Paz y mas...

G

So that oaxacan sativa freebie is in fact a trustworthy strain?

I specifically requested it with my Acapulco Gold order and was wondering whether they'd be worth giving a shot.

Can I get some information on the flower/veg time for the oaxacan, or maybe how she likes it?

Acapulco Gold vs. Oaxacan Gold <--- sounds like a nice garden!

spliffmasta

R

Ronley

I grew out that Oaxicvan freebie, I found the weed to be very mild, but extremely pleasant.
I crossed the plant with something that was in my garden at the time and the resulting plant is much stronger.
When I rubbed the buds slightly I got a piney smell.

I dont think the flowering time was overly long, actually I dont remeber.
I grew her outside on my balcony.
It was definitely shorter then the TFD Thai tanic Sativa that I am growing now, Which has been floweing for almost 12 weeks and still has 1 week to go,

Last edited:
G

I have to make it clear that my seeds are from 1978 and should not be confused with any of the modern Sativa genetics from my beautiful State of Oaxaca or elsewhere, I'm not saying my Oax is the best, just that it's real LandRace grown by my family for personal pleasure and medicinal purposes [we're not a Cartel, just cannabist Oaxacans, baby :D]

Paz y mas...

G

mucho respect to you, oaxacaspice. and thanks for postin' pix!!!!

saintdog... that looks like some really good buddage. im a sativa fan at heart, but i need indicas for bed and such... but if i had it my way, it'd be equitorial landrace sativas all freakin' day.

G

haha my stepmom has cats named dezi and lucy.

very nice guys.. some of texas at its best right here.

R

Ronley

oaxacaspice said:
I have to make it clear that my seeds are from 1978 and should not be confused with any of the modern Sativa genetics from my beautiful State of Oaxaca or elsewhere, I'm not saying my Oax is the best, just that it's real LandRace grown by my family for personal pleasure and medicinal purposes [we're not a Cartel, just cannabist Oaxacans, baby :D]

HI Oaxacaspice.
what do you mean when you say Landrace?

G

Ronley, I mean that my Oaxacan genetics are an older less modern race of cannabis sativa mexicana endemic to the jungle highlands of the Oaxacan coffee region where my family lives. That's what I mean by LandRace Oaxacan cannabis Sativa, there's all sorts of Oaxacan varieties that grow in Oaxaca and each is endemic to its particular region, climate and soil type, mine isn't the only one, but they're all Oaxacan LandRace Sativas because they've been there since before the advent of modern hybridized cannabis genetics [they're older than dirt, in other words :D]. The only difference between my Oaxacan genetics and any others going around today, is the fact that each of my seeds is a time capsule that represents the Oaxacan genetics going around in 1977 - 1978 [I got them in 78]. It's kind of like going back in time and meeting your great great grandparents. Know what I mean, my friend?

Paz y mas...

Last edited:
R

Ronley

Ahh,
I am sort of understanding,
If this is the case then what I grew was just a variety, and is not what you have.

What I grew was really quite mild and dissapointing, It was pleasant enough, but the high did not last long at all, and a lot of people complained that it was not strong and they barely felt it. But I liked the high, I think that I have a lower tolerance.

Anyway I crossed the seeds and the resuling sativa was much more improved. I love the new sativa now. Its in the photos that I posted on the first page.

Thank you for explaining.