What's new

Anyone use a Modified Foxfarm Feeding Schedule?

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I was curious on how others have modified the foxfarm schedule

I use the Trio + Beastie Bloomz Cha Ching and Ocean Forrest Soil.Along with Cal mag+ Liquid Karma and Molasses.

I started using the line and just followed the chart, but using lighter doses than the chart recommends. Right away i figured its way to hot.

Now on to my 4th run or so later, I've completely shifted the chart to the left by two weeks. I found the 12 weeks schedule to be perfect for long flowering sativas minus the strong nute ratio's. For indicas it took some trial and error.

On the chart they call for beastie bloomz to be added around the 7-8 week mark, which is way to late for most indicas. Im getting much better results by starting beastie bloomz around the 4-5 week mark and i star my dosing of tiger bloom real light, @ 1 tsp per gallon. I also at the point start my Molasses feeding in conjunction with beastie bloomz. I haven't encountered any burning associated with starting beastie bloomz this early as long as tiger bloom is kept low and you add more accordingly.I can get my sativas and indicas on 2 tsp and 1/2 tsp of beastie bloomz without burning.

Next up cha ching. Since I've shifted the chart two weeks to the left for our indicas we start cha ching at the 6-7 week of flower. I found that cha ching really stacks the calyx's, but by the chart for indicas its too late for that. In my experience you will start to foxtail. We want to the calyx's to stack sooner so we can fill in that much needed bud mass. I recently burned the fans off two plants trying the same ration for the beastie bloomz, 1/2 tsp, and 2 tsp tiger bloom. I have more strains ready for the cha ching portion.The second time around, I'm doing 1 tsp tiger bloom, and a 1/3 tsp of cha ching instead of 1/2. Im also still feeding molasses at this point, and the sativas and indicas did not burn from this current ratio.

For a 14 week sativa follow the chart as is when its calls for the solubles. At the 12 week mark where the chart ends , i simply just do a two week flush. I week with molasses and water, the last with just water.

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/FoxFarm-soil.pdf

*disclaimer I am no expert, these are just accounts from my experience using their line and following their feeding schedule*

The 12 week chart includes veg... so its a little hard to understand your point of reference on the chart. The chart includes only 8 weeks of flower.... so even adding 2 weeks of flush your only at 10 weeks of flower time.... are you harvesting those 14 week sativas a month early? or are they 10 week sativas?

How long is the actual flower time? (what strain btw?)

Thats the best place to start.

Fuzz420

Veteran
Ooops i dont use the Veg section of the Charts, as i always go 12/12 intermediately, so in the veg portion while the plants are still veging before its transitions to flower completely i start the feeding schedule as per the chart. To clarify i do run 14 week sativas,so i apologise if i confused you as i didnt reference the way the chart goes from 18/6 to 12/12.So in essence this is for going 12/12 from seed, using foxfarm gear and feeding chart

Strains:
Kali Most(100 days from preflower)
MOD bx(100 days from preflower)
Star Kush( 70 days from preflower)
Og Kush(63-77 days from preflower)
Violator Kush(First run, est 70-77days from preflowers)

Example Kali Most and MOD bx from clone after they show preflowers will both receive beastie bloomz at the 7th week overall of the chart.

Star Kush for example, will recieve beastie bloomz 4-5 the week of flower after showing preflowers.This would also be the same 4-5 weeks on the chart assuming you are going 0 veg clone or 12/12 from seed. Sorry for any confusion hope this clears it up.

G

good drown

i use the stuff, i really love the beastie blooms and cha ching. the beastie really seems to tighten up the buds, and the cha ching ups the resin content. i water every other day, and i do not combine the fox farms products, so if im feeding tiger bloom, grow big, beastie blooms, or cha-ching, thats all. i also try and give them just water in between those feedings mentioned above, and i also use their big bloom about once a week, and seaweed as well, and then cal/mag every week or 2. for flush, straight water and then some molasses.
for veg i also use fish emusion, grow big, big bloom, seaweed, and calmag

pushlimits

I switched over from General Hydroponics and started using Fox Farm a couple years ago. I still have over half in all of my original bottles. The only exception being 1 replaced bottle of Big Bloom (which happens to be my favorite out all of them) No one can say the stuff isn't a bargain, because it works good and last Forever!

But.. I have had to arrange the feeding dozens of times.

The timing with the feeding schedule isn't that bad (although I have played around with it) The Biggest problem with there schedule -for me- is the Dosing recommendations. They are ridiculously high. It's almost criminal the amount of product they want you to torture your plants with. I ended up frying many needless (and innocent) plants in the process of finding a good dose. All of these problems could have been prevented if they took there recommendations and cut them in half.... and then cut that in half!

One word of caution to anyone looking to use Fox Farm; RUNOFF. I've never seen so many salt build up problems in my life, until I saw other growers using Fox Farm.

Let Fuzz420, Good Drown, and I be proof that fox farm is an excellent line if you are willing to experiment!

3finglid

Does anyone know the shelf life of the foxfarm nutrients? I bought mine over a year ago and still have plenty left.

pufferfish

can some one post the chart....ok what is Beastie Bloomz. Cha Ching. Cal mag+ Liquid Karma...all i have is big bloom & tiger bloom...so you guys are saying just use half ...i got 3 c99bx1 clones into flower on 8-20-2010...:dance013:...thanx guys

Fuzz420

Veteran
3finglid- I have no idea, my bottles are all over a year old except bigbloom. It goes pretty fast

pufferfish- The chart is the link at the end of my first post. Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching are solubles that are designed to take the base foxfarm trio(grow big, tiger bloom ,big bloom) to the next level. Cal mag+ and Liquid Karma are supplements to aid in the plants feeding. In my area i find cal mag to be needed in every feeding as i can get a cal mag deficiency pretty quickly.

I would like to add cha ching is hot. My last grow i completely cut out tiger bloom when using cha ching. This grow i havent done it, but after my last feeding where i burned my plants pretty good i will no longer be using cha ching with tiger bloom ever again. I find cha ching to work really well, but you have to be careful. I would recommend feeding cha ching as a semi-standalone, no tiger bloom, just big bloom and supplements(cal mag, Liquid karma, molasses). Im personally having a hard time finding a good balance of cha ching with tiger bloom, and time and time again my plants have to suffer.

I would not cut out TB when using CC unless yer strian can NOT eat. I use TB, BB and one of the solubles with every feeding. I dig FF.

Shelf life.....

Big Bloom....one year
Tiger Bloom and Grow Big.....I wouldn't use em after a year but they are prolly good for longer. Its cheap enough to replace.

C

CANNATOPIA

My Feeding Chart & Fox Farm Mixes.

My Feeding Chart & Fox Farm Mixes.

~Mix for Veg/(24 Hour Light Cycle)- per Gallon~
#1.Grow Big Soil = 3 teaspoons
#2.Big Bloom = 2 tablespoons

* I Use this mix untill your ready to put into 12/12*

~Mix's for Flower/(12/12 Light Cycle)- per Gallon~
#1. Grow Big Soil = 2 teaspoons
#2. Big Bloom = 1 table-spoon
#3. Tiger Bloom = 3 teaspoons
#4. Open Sesame = 1/2 teaspoon
#5. Beasty Bloom = 1/2 teaspoon
#6. Cha-Ching = 1/2 teaspoon

These Nutrients & Supplements are mixed into 4 separate mixes. One mix for each stage of the plant's life.

Growth Mix- Grow Big & Big Bloom.
First Bloom Mix- Tiger Bloom,Big Bloom,Open Sesame.
Second Bloom Mix- Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom,Grow Big &
Beasty Bloom.
Third Bloom Mix- Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, Cha-Ching.

I also use 1/4 oz PH up to every mix except while in veg.
picture.php

Last edited:
C

CANNATOPIA

IF any one has any comments or suggestions on my chart Ideas please let me know im not afraid ta learn. :)

pufferfish

ok is it one fert per gallon and end up with 2,3 or 4 gallons of food ? or put 2,3 or 4 ferts in the same gallon...cannatopia your chart is nice esay to reed

Fuzz420

Veteran
Admiral Canna- I run several strains as listed above. i will use Star Kush for Example. Star kush is Pre98 Bubba kush x Sensi Star. The pheno i have leans on the sensi star side. This strain is a heavy feeder if I allow her to be. I can and have used up to 1 tbl spoon of tiger bloom during regular feedings with out the addition of solubles. My last feeding was 1 tsp TB and 1/2 tsp cha ching. All the fan leaves were burned off. This is was from my heaviest feeder.My sativas can barely survive 1 tsp TB and 1/4 tsp cha ching. So like i said i will be cutting tiger bloom from the cha ching portion of the chart.

You say you use the line plus one soluble. Do you mind sharing which one you use and how you use it?

CANNATOPIA- Nice chart. Only thing i would do different there would be starting beastie bloomz a week later. Thats just me and im also not taking open seasame into account so you could have a good thing going. Goodluck and keep us updated on how it works

pufferfish-Its several different nutes per gallon

pufferfish

Ok..so im gona use cannatopia,s chart...im at day 6 of 12/12...so i need to feed them..Grow Big Soil = 2 teaspoons .. Big Bloom = 1 table-spoon
Open Sesame = 1/2 teaspoon in one gallon .. is that right...my strain is c99bx1...thanx
cannatopia...& fuzz420..i gota save this page..good good info

C

CANNATOPIA

HIGH Friend.

HIGH Friend.

Ok..so im gona use cannatopia,s chart...im at day 6 of 12/12...so i need to feed them..Grow Big Soil = 2 teaspoons .. Big Bloom = 1 table-spoon
Open Sesame = 1/2 teaspoon in one gallon .. is that right...my strain is c99bx1...thanx
cannatopia...& fuzz420..i gota save this page..good good info
No, Day 6 of Flowering would be the Open Sesame Mix, just what I named it to help break things up a bit.
you will want to use this mix first in bloom.
First Bloom Mix- Tiger Bloom,Big Bloom,Open Sesame.
Tiger Bloom = 3 teaspoons
Big Bloom = 1 table-spoon
Open Sesame = 1/2 teaspoon
Always Remember to check yr PH. :)

C

CANNATOPIA

ok is it one fert per gallon and end up with 2,3 or 4 gallons of food ? or put 2,3 or 4 ferts in the same gallon...cannatopia your chart is nice esay to reed
TY Friend!
I need ta do a few more things ta make it easier but you will end up with 3 different seperate Gallon mixes for flowering & A Seperate 1 Gallon Mix for veg. Making a total of 4 different mixes.
Ta make things even easier on myself I named them the following
1.Grow Big Mix for Veg

2.Open Sesame Mix for Begining of Flower

3.Beasty Bloom Mix for the middle of Flower

4.Cha Ching Mix for end Of Flower.

C

CANNATOPIA

My Indica Fox Farm Chart

My Indica Fox Farm Chart

Unessary post by accident. ;( sorry

C

CANNATOPIA

I would love to hear from some of the Experts here on IC. What do you think of this Chart.? Fox Farm seems to work well for me & I've tried really hard to get an Easy/ decent system down for first time /small medical growers. Any suggestions to improve this system would be greatly appreciated.