What's new

Anyone use a Modified Foxfarm Feeding Schedule?

pushlimits

I recently bought a PPM meter and my first experiment was to see how hot there recommendations really are. I have a R.O. filter. My water after treatment comes out at 15-20 PPM. In week five of flowering Fox Farm schedule recommends; 2tsp Tiger Bloom, 1Tbl Big Bloom, 1/4tsp Cha Ching- Per Gallon. I mixed it up and looked at the meter, although it was really no surprise, I was still amazed at the reading- 2030 parts per million!

Cannatopia I am impressed with your grows, and I too would like to here some suggestions about your scheduling from IC's Fox Farm vets. Although your doing' pretty well I'd say. ;)

C

CANNATOPIA

TY Friend! I have put a lot of time & work in trying to get a perfect set up with their line bcause I really do like Fox Farm Products. I have attempted many different charts of my making using their chart as kind of guide to base my chart off of. I have had pretty good success & this thread helped me figure out that Sativas & Indicas need two separate charts entirely, I am learning as I go. So Basing my new chart off of my latest grow BB x NL from Dr. Atomic it says it's an 8 to 9 week strain. So I made a chart specifically designed ta the day for this strain. Now I'm hoping Most Indicas will prefer this mix Time will tell, & I'm going to make a similar chart,16 weeks long, specifically for Sativas
Again Hoping that most sativa dom strains will agree with the feeding chart. My Lame Thery is that in flowering using Fox Farm products you have 3 different mixes for each stage of flowering. #1 is ta get her into flowering fast & start throwing flowers quickly wich is the Open Sesame Mix, #2 is the actual Building of the buds which is beasty bloom & finally 3 is the building of the Taste & Smells & Resons. Now I know this is an awkward way to describe this & in no way is it scientific lololol I'm not a very good writer either but I feel if I could relay this to a much better knowable Grower & writer It would make some sence lol. Or I could be just an Idiot who's trying his best lol.

C

CANNATOPIA

BUMP

BUMP

Any Help/Advice/:bashhead: from you Advanced IC Fox Farm Growers?
All is welcome:thank you::wave:

C

CANNATOPIA

Any more Fox Farm Growers out there? anyone who used ta use Fox Farm?

pufferfish

cannatopia do you use Cal mag Liquid Karma and Molasses.do you use a ppm meter.. do i need one?...if you chang your chart plz post it ...thanx canna u r a big help

C

CANNATOPIA

cannatopia do you use Cal mag Liquid Karma and Molasses.do you use a ppm meter.. do i need one?...if you chang your chart plz post it ...thanx canna u r a big help
No I dont use Kal mag or Karma,nor a ppm meter & I quit using Molasses & havent noticed any real big difference in end product or my grows. I just added to it a bit ta make it printer & user friendly thats all.My Apoligies if I made things confusing. If there are ever any changes Ill definatly let ya know :):tiphat: I believe i also missed that I do flush every once in awhile during flower ta avoid build ups. Normaly I use my eye on when ta do it but I would prob go with at least every two weeks 1 flush or so with plain old water.

sneakinman13

Veteran
i use the chart accordingly . except i start out at half strength and work my way to full. out of 9 dif strains i only burnt the chiesels. and they were'nt burnt to bad really. and that was 2 tsp tiger bloom. plus 1/4 tsp cha ching along with mollasses and 2 tsp cal mag . and some hygrozyme 6 ml.

i think as long as you work your plants up to the full strength mark you will beable to tell which one's can hang and which one's cant. good luck

picture.php

^ak-47 fed full strength fox farms liquids plus solubles

C

CANNATOPIA

My Chart & Fox Farms Chart are not all that Different.

My Chart & Fox Farms Chart are not all that Different.

If ya Look at the two my chart isn't all that different from the original really. Just easier to read & understand. I have added an extra week of Beasty Bloom Mix VS another week of Cha Ching for a final flush on an 8 to 9 week strain. I go by all recommendations to the T & just keep on going with 3 teaspoons of Grow Big vs cutting down to two teaspoons during flowering which is what they recommend. I find the plants look & grow healthier with out losing the ex N in the middle stages of flowering.They Recomend 3 teaspoons of Grow Big and 2 tabel spoons of Big Bloom through Veg. !/2 teaspoon of Supplements is also recommended by Fox Farms Soil Chart. I do change the Tiger Bloom up to 3 teaspoons but TB dosent have much in it ta begin with in the NPK.Now I WARN YOU! IF YOU OVER FEED your Plants they will burn but by Flushing build ups & measuring your PH religiously you will not burn up yr plants. I have had very successful runs doing it this way & I also did not want to stray too far from Fox Farms recommendations.
Fox Farms Chart is in Attachment Below if you would like to compare the two for kicks :)

Attachments

• soilfeed.pdf
    299.7 KB · Views: 65
C

CANNATOPIA

I also want to say That I am truely honored that some of you wish to try & use my chart!!! I am in no way a professional & I am learning new things Growing every day. If you do run into problems please don't hate on me for I have had good luck with my Charts & documented success here on IC. This in no way is a Flawless Chart & I may make improvements in the future if need be. 1 thing I can promise is to work as hard as I can to keep things updated on my grows & help anyone with questions on my grow charts. Peace & Love to you all IC Family.

C

CANNATOPIA

I am thinking of taking out the extra teaspoon of Tiger Bloom that I added..?../? & keeping the extra teaspoon of Grow Big during Bloom. What do you guys think about this Idea.? Not sure if I should or will yet. My Idea is to basically go with all of Fox Farms HIGHEST recommended Dosages but not according to their schedule exactly. If I did do anything like this I would try keeping the 3 teaspoons of Grow Big during Bloom vs loosing 1 teaspoon during bloom which is what they recommend. I find the plants are not liking the loss of the N in the middle of bloom with their recommended mix dosage of two teaspoons of Grow Big in my "Beasty Bloom Mixture". which is basically why I added the extra teaspoon of Tiger Bloom all through flowering. Being the weakest in NPK for their nutrients and in that I am as concerned as the next cat about burning up my work I thought this the best possible thing to try. Now I am having second thoughts or at least I'm curious I should say as to if this way would work better. I am going to make a Chart & feeding schedule in this post for this Idea if anyone else wants to try it. Any Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? or concerns? .

C

CANNATOPIA

I must tell you my reasons for wanting to Change Fox Farms schedule.
#1 I found for a newer Indoor Grower that their Chart was hard to read & follow.
#2 After Growing for Awhile I realized that their Chart & soils are not set up 100% for Cannabis but rather for mainly common plants which cannabis is not.
#3 I have learned that some of the best success story's come from trial & error in efforts to perfect.
#4 I want to do things a bit differently just cause. ;) I like ta Dabble.

C

CANNATOPIA

Taking another look at the NPK on the Bottles I realize that the supplements should more than make up for the loss of 1 teaspoon of Tiger Bloom while in Flower. I believe this may be the best way to go. I am going to try it but I would love to hear some suggestions or thoughts on this Idea.

C

CANNATOPIA

My New Idea for these mixes would go like this, the Chart itself would remain the same.

~Mix for Growth/(24 Hour Light Cycle)- per Gallon~
#1.Grow Big Soil = 3 teaspoons
#2.Big Bloom = 2 tablespoon

~Mix's for Bloom/(12/12 Light Cycle)- per Gallon~
#1. Grow Big Soil = 3 teaspoons
#2. Big Bloom = 1 table-spoon
#3. Tiger Bloom = 2 teaspoons
#4. Open Sesame = 1/2 teaspoon
#5. Beasty Bloom = 1/2 teaspoon
#6. Cha-Ching = 1/2 teaspoon

Canna-

You're sched is far harder to read than FF's, which by the way is far easier than most manufacturers.

Here is a very easy to follow FF recipe that works wonders:

Veg: 1-2 tsp/gal Grow Big (GB) (depending on plant age)
2 tsp/gal Big Bloom (BB)
(last week of veg they get 1/4 tsp Open Sesame (OS) per/gal

Flower:

W1: 1.2 tsp/gal TB, 1 tbsp/gal BB, 1/4 tsp/gal OS
W2: 1.2 tsp/gal TB, 1 tbsp/gal BB, 1/4 tsp /gal OS
W3: .5 tsp/gal GB, 1.3 tsp/gal TB, 1 tbsp/gal BB, 1/4 tsp/gal Beastie Bloomz (BB)
W4: .5 tsp/gal GB, 1.4 tsp/gal TB, 1 tbsp/gal BB, 1/4 tsp/gal BB
W5: .5 tsp/gal GB, 1.5 tsp/gal TB, 1 tbsp/gal BB, 1/4 tsp/gal Cha-Ching (CC)
W6: .5 tsp/gal GB, 1.5 tsp/gal TB, 1 tbsp/gal BB, 1/4 tsp/gal CC
W7: 1 tsp/gal TB, 1 tbsp/gal BB, 1/4 tsp/gal CC
W8: 1 tsp/gal TB, 1 tbsp/gal BB, 1/4 tsp/gal CC

I use a molasses carb from W4-W8 of bloom. pH it all to 6.3-6.5. Feed water feed water.

This schedule brings me very good luck....may it bring it to you as well. :)

PS- I mix in 5 gallon buckets, so I had to break those measurements down. That would be a pain in the ass mixing by the gallon!!!!

C

CANNATOPIA

Can you explain how you think it is so much harder for you to understand or use? Or are you just partial to the original? Do you have any pictures or Journals on your grows using it at half strength? I have used this for several grows & I have used it to their half strength recommendations before but I found that my buds were lacking in density & flavor vs using it full strength. Also I think the last week of veg adding Open Sesame is kinda useless in that you add it at the begining of flower anyways. So really you might water once before you start flower with open sesame. I dont see how this makes a huge difference. Can you explain how that has helped your grows VS mine? Please dont take these posts as hostile as to I am only curious and trying to learn.

C

CANNATOPIA

CANNATOPIA- Nice chart. Only thing i would do different there would be starting beastie bloomz a week later. Thats just me and im also not taking open seasame into account so you could have a good thing going. Good luck and keep us updated on how it works
TY Friend! Thais exactly It bro I am just playing with it & I hope I do stumble upon a good thing. TY for the good advice friend. I will defiantly take it into thought.

Quik Q

Quik Q

One word of caution to anyone looking to use Fox Farm; RUNOFF. I've never seen so many salt build up problems in my life, until I saw other growers using Fox Farm.

Let Fuzz420, Good Drown, and I be proof that fox farm is an excellent line if you are willing to experiment!
:tiphat:
Did you mean that FF requires ph'd clean water flushes occasionally?
:thank you:
PS,1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons
1/5 teaspoon = 1 milliliter
1/2 teaspoon = 2.5 ml
1 teaspoon = 5 ml
1 tablespoon = 15 ml
1/5 cup = 50 ml
1 cup = 240 ml

Last edited: