What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(( LoKey's 1020 tray, 161w cfl micro closet cab ))

LoKey

Well 3 plants were ready so i harvested them, didn't get much (enough for me till at least the next round forsure), but i think the low yeild is due to this round me switching to cloth containers, and not leaving the plants alone, i just need to up my watering scheduel and keep them better watered and tweak their starting size and a couple of other factors to utilize these containers.

Also im gonna be trying to go towards full organic but its a bit of a challenge with small container such as mine.

LoKey

ill add this, here's my current small supply, which is good enough for me for awhile :smoke:

have three different types the two on the far outsides are the same (SMB) just different harvest dates, they differ by a good 2months.

My current fav is the brown looking stuff second from the right hand side, its a nice mellow relax, but do something type high, good for taking some of life's events in or getting thoroughly involved in your creative side.

The Two on the left are from the freshly harvested plants, the ones on the right are from the last batch, and also have a forth type (F) the fruity one but its currently getting slow dried, i just throw it in a small cardboard box for 4-7 days then off to jars, as cardboard is a natural desiccant and will slowly wick away and dissipate moisture.

picture.php

LoKey

The B mother got the boot today, after trying some of her final product again, her smoke was smooth and the nugs were dense, but she gave a narcotic/drunk type high and im not looking for that, not to mention her growth structure and yield were less than desirable so she got the boot.

I still have two plants of it left, one is getting the chop in a week, and the other is a clone i put into flower a week back, and if it doesn't grow adequately she will be axed early, so unless she surprises me with this next harvest, which is highly unlikely, then i bid her fairwell :wave:

As for what else is going on in the cab, one of the new Jamil Sayidda seedlings got the axe, as it was throwing balls. The two remaining JS seedlings were put into flower today to just start determining the sex on the seedlings, and see what they will do. So that leaves 3 seedling still in veg but they will be going into flower when some more spots open up, ill have 2 next week. Also chopped the youngest SMB from flower today just to make some room.

Strangely

New cab design looks good LoKey, and not just because of the whizzy Sketchup action! Just like my new cab - single chamber, swap bulbs over for veg/flower etc. I'm doing a scrog in mine though. Best of luck with it mate!! :)

LoKey

..... last couple posts were removed by a proactive mod, so no point it having what was wrote here (response to a quote that was good for a chuckle), so on we go...

LoKey

cab is plugging along, still haven't chopped the two oldest plants, im gonna let them go another week at least

Here we have a SMB at 65 days, im giving it another week or so as its still doesn't look done, as its still putting new pistil's but has good mix of clear and cloudy trichromes, with a few clear amber's(the difference between milky and clear is very minor (hard to tell) on this strain)

picture.php

Next we have a F clone at 6 weeks, she smells lovely and is now producing bright orange pistils as they die, also some purple tingeing on leaf margins.

picture.php

here is another F clone but at 7 weeks, shes part of an experiment for yield along side the one above, looks like the younger one is winning though

picture.php

and here is the veg chamber, the mothers need cuttings to be taken bad, the seedlings that ive topped are ready to take over if i don't throw them into flower soon, and i have some new seedlings and cuttings on the way, popped the last 4 of my mandala #1 seeds ;)

So its a very full veg chamber, so hopefully the two plants im waiting for will be good to chop this weekend (still don't have a clue as to when, but they're getting closer) so i can chuck some seedling to flower.

picture.php

Or i could just get started on the new cab, still waiting on parts, and need to get some carbon, but doesn't mean i can get a head start.

picture.php

LoKey

well i chopped them today, as i needed to make room, could of been alot better, but first run through with the larger fabric pots, so cant complain.

But the two below are now residing in their own small individual cardboard boxes for a slow dry, then there off to jars for a cure, made some Sgt.Stedenko style hygrometer lids which work great.

First is the 2nd to last (possibly last if i kill the other one) B clone, really dense nugs, like walnuts, it had quite a few amber trichromes on it, definitely a fast finisher, but has a narcotic type buzz, im not a fan of.

picture.php

And here is a smb clone, alot fluffier than the buds above, but thats the genetics, the root mass could of been way better but im gonna try some things on the next round

picture.php

LoKey

a week along, and better pics

The F clones, are starting to pack on a bit of size which was surprising, they're really dense, being its an unknown, well sorta, i don't know what combo of genetics it has in in just rough idea of what the parents were, but one weird thing it does, is its foxtailing, but not in the normal way i have read about, or it just a strange grower.

But instead of building a calyx through the previous one, it instead decided to grow a new flower cluster through the old one as when looking closely at the old calyx it has been either split in two, tore, or flipped inside out with multiple (5-8) new pistils.

Any similar strains that due that ?

Its probably a bit lacking on the mold resistance due to its bud structure, but should be fine in more arid environments, looking forward to seeing how these taste after a 3-4 week cure, font get me wrong ill be sampling it before then, but i smoke very little, so its easy for me to sneak a small flower cluster every now and then seeings how i have more than enough to keep me satisfied till their decently cured

im thinking these plants both probably have another week or two to be truly ripe and ready for harvest, (im learning that there is a big difference between a truly ripe plant, and a plant plucked a little to early like what most people do, myself included

and big ups to Sgt.Stedenko and the mason jar hygrometer lid mod, once i got mine calibrated (one was a pain in the ass) the work awesome, already notice a big difference in just consistency between bud different plants, its smoother, burn better, smells better, ect

Definitely need to pay attention to the drying and curing process to get awesome stuff

oh and the SMB clone at the bottom, produces alot more airy loose but, and always has, once you give it a good trim, as only the the smaller leaves will get trichromes on them and only on the inner nodes, but it doesn't take too long to remove the bigger leaves then trim the smaller ones at harvest, Definitely wouldn't want to do a tree worth of the stuff though.

picture.php

picture.php

LoKey

Let this one go 10 weeks, probably could of done another week and been fine , but growth was at a crawl. I also chopped a F clone as well but the pics make it look dismal just cause it should only yield about 6g dried.

Currently this cab is now retired, all the plants left including mothers and ones in veg are now in the new cab. I will upload maybe one or two more harvest shots in the coming week or two, as thats when the rest of the clones should be done.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts