What's new

Bubble Bag Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caille

Absolutely no offense meant to BubbleMan, had I had the jib I would buy his stuff. But alas I am not mint and what I do have is going into upsizing my operation to something worth more than breaking even.

So, what alternatives are out there to Bubblebags? Amazon.com used to have a set of bags, but I cannot seem to find them anymore. They only ran about $70 for the 5gallon 5 bag set which had most of the sought after micron sizes.

Anyone know any other Bubblebag alternatives. I am not interested in frog bubble, qwiso, or bho as I know how to make those but prefer bagged micron filtered bubble.

Anyone know if the people who used to do the Amazon bags ended up getting a site or what their company was called?

Any help is appreciated. I can afford to spend maybe $150 on a bag set. Due to the amount of trim I have on average at a time, I will need a 5 gallon setup.

Alexis
*smiles*

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I had payload and they broke... i used them alot tho they seem to be weak to tare so be gentle

Caille

Like the look of the Sprung will give them a go I think.

If I end up failing with them or they break I will save up for actual Bubbles later after I have more spending money in my budget.

Alexis
*smiles*

HeatRip

Has anyone tried Wacky Bags? I ordered the 5 gal. 8 bag kit for $120USD delivered. I don't think the kit comes with any pressing screens or carry bag, but it does have a lifetime warranty. The dude is also a distributor for Bubble Bags and claims his bags are of the same quality.

I plan on running plenty of primo fresh cut and frozen WW buds through the kit right after I inspect and take pics of it. I will offer an opinion on them for anyone who may be interested. I have only used a 5 gal 3 bag kit from payload in the past and I was impressed with the quality.

H

humboldtlocal

My friends sell a locally made bag called Trash bags that I got to check out a while back. They are very nice. Stronger material than Bubble bags, better stitching, and they have the metal eyelets at the top so you can hook up a pulley system to them. They also make an all screen bag that I thought was cool. Lifetime warranty. They were carrying Payload bags but they were all ripping so they stopped. They are not up on their web site but you can give them a call and see if they have any. trimscene.com

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sprung bags are great, very happy with mine been getting some good results
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I have done about 10 batches with my Sprung Bags and they have stood up well, all the stitching is intact, no rips, screens are still good
I have just purchased a 45micron bag from bubblebags because that is the only thing i think the sprungbags lack, they need a bag between the 73 and 25
Have fun with your bags whatever you choose

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone know any other Bubble hasj alternatives.

Throw some flowers and some ice into a clean bucket,, stir vigorously for 30mins. ,, allow to settle for 20 mins. Next slowly skim the leaf material from the bucket using a slotted spoon. Once all the leaf matter has been removed,, filter the water through a coffee-filter.

Here's the same method,, on a much smaller scale...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sm2GbreAZQ

Hope this helps...
happy hash making... :bandit:

T

THC_Decapitator

or gumby hash method . no bags needed

i like that vid doc , very cool on that scale .

RPsmoke

Another very happy sprung bag customer. The guy is great, and the quality superb and the price is very nice. Worth checking out.

slappyjack

I just bought some remnant rolls of silk screen material (at a local wholesaler) and bungee them to a bucket. Cost me about $20.

It works, but I still wish I had a set of bubblebags.

Vorsprung

Has anyone tried Wacky Bags? I ordered the 5 gal. 8 bag kit for $120USD delivered. I don't think the kit comes with any pressing screens or carry bag, but it does have a lifetime warranty. The dude is also a distributor for Bubble Bags and claims his bags are of the same quality.

I plan on running plenty of primo fresh cut and frozen WW buds through the kit right after I inspect and take pics of it. I will offer an opinion on them for anyone who may be interested. I have only used a 5 gal 3 bag kit from payload in the past and I was impressed with the quality.

The 'Wacky Bags' are whack.. i might be biased, but that's the straight up truth. I received my set today and the quality is bunk. Stitching basically sucks -it's all over the place -and the bag material is about the lowest quality denier.. like crinkle paper. I'll post up some pictures to back up the claims, later.

Now is later, enjoy the show. It is borderline ridiculous the quality of these Wacky Bags. Too many corners cut. They don't even 'knot off'/'tie off' the drawstrings on the bags:

rPe7w.jpg

OH OH OH! WAIT! I know why they did that. Custom carry handle! A Wacky Bag exclusive
X8c1T.jpg

I envision kittens running the sewing machines. Wacky kittens:
RH8wZ.jpg

It has the Wacky bag only custom 25u micron size expansion hole option. Help it drain faster:
cV2tq.jpg

More crude stitching:
QDHFX.jpg

Hmmm... wonder where this string goes:
6hC5o.jpg

Let's find out. Followed this bad stitch, lifted the edge and POOF. No I'm not a dick and didn't force/rip it to make it look bad. It was loose. LOL
EmQjt.jpg

More and more, on and on, bad 'unfinished' stitching. I think 'Wacky Bags' is Chinese for "can't stitch for shit":
xpuAe.jpg

More of the same:
VEVRA.jpg

Same story:
Y3UpW.jpg

WHY ON EARTH would you use a cheap ink that is borderline water soluble and print the brand label??!?!?
hHBGY.jpg

and the 'filter only bags' come with extra large "oops the needle slipped" holes to ensure you lose some of your extraction:

0Mxzf.jpg

more holes
f3zB8.jpg

and the bad stitching continues on the filter only bags:

BpxjM.jpg

So that about sums everything up regarding the Wacky Bags. I think the pictures speak for themselves. Don't waste your money on the whack Wacky Bags.

In all seriousness, I can understand a factory making a bad stitch here or there. But the problems are across all bags -- not just one thing here or there. Not only is there evident lack of quality control at the factory, but there is MAJOR quality control issue at the point of shipping. The fact that 25u bag has holes in the mesh from needle slipping AND the drawstring got sewn INTO the stitching at the base/mesh AND WAS NOT NOTICED shows there is no inspection prior to packing. Some companies out there inspect EACH AND EVERY BAG INDIVIDUALLY prior to shipping.

Bill (he's the owner of Wacky Willy's)- if you're reading this better get with your factory on quality control. I would start inspecting each bag individually prior to packing and shipping or you're going to have a ton of returns, replacements, and unhappy customers. Should just stick with original Bubble Bag distribution and leave it there.. because these bags are just toooo wacky.

bPRpZ.jpg

There is a difference between LOW PRICE and VALUE. A high price for a high quality item is standard. A low price for a high quality item is VALUE. A low price for a piece of shit is CHEAP JUNK. There is only one company that currently offers real VALUE but I can't mention it because they're not an advertiser here..YET. I'll leave you with a final quote from the Wacky Bag website:

"not too many companies offer this guarantee- especially the clowns on eBay selling total junk trying to make a quick buck !!"

****ADDENDUM 1/17/2010. ONE MORE NOTE ON THIS REVIEW, AS IF THE BAGS WERE NOT OF HORRIBLE QUALITY TO BEGIN WITH, THE OWNER OF WACKY WILLY'S, WILLIAM BYE, EMAILED ME A 'BLACKMAIL' EMAIL THREATENING TO KEEP THIS LINK UP. DOES IT LOOK FAMILIAR TO WHAT YOU HAVE JUST READ ABOVE? http://www.bubblefilterbags.com/bubble-bubble-washing-machines/sprungbagscom.html

SO AS A FINAL NOTE, DON'T BUY THEM BECAUSE THEY SUCK. DON'T BUY THEM BECAUSE THE OWNER IS A PATHETIC SCHMUCK.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
The ones sold on ebay by ameropaintball seem quite good. They are around 60USD for a 5 bag 5 gallon set, and are very well constructed.

Vorsprung

The ones sold on ebay by ameropaintball seem quite good. They are around 60USD for a 5 bag 5 gallon set, and are very well constructed.

i'll review those next. Except for the fact i purchased almost two weeks ago and haven't received anything yet. (edit: in fairness i just realized they were shipped to my PO box, which i haven't checked the last couple days. And I also was thinking he was on the East Coast of USA, but is actually in Canada.. so it's a normal lead time so far).

not to call a kettle black (with regard to copying a good idea), but the douche ripped off my ebay ad... like to-the-T. I guess when in Rome...

so besides the html theft (my designer was flattered) the bags do look to be of decent quality - but you can't really tell from pictures. Excited to see if they are good quality -- there needs to be more 'value' in this market segment.

H

humboldtlocal

Hey Vor, you should review a set of trash bags. They looked impressive to me but I am no expert.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
i'll review those next. Except for the fact i purchased almost two weeks ago and haven't received anything yet. (edit: in fairness i just realized they were shipped to my PO box, which i haven't checked the last couple days. And I also was thinking he was on the East Coast of USA, but is actually in Canada.. so it's a normal lead time so far).

not to call a kettle black (with regard to copying a good idea), but the douche ripped off my ebay ad... like to-the-T. I guess when in Rome...

so besides the html theft (my designer was flattered) the bags do look to be of decent quality - but you can't really tell from pictures. Excited to see if they are good quality -- there needs to be more 'value' in this market segment.

I know...I had never heard of yours, but when I searched after reading this thread, I had to wonder if your companies were associated, since the ebay ads are almost identical.

Cheezy to rip off your ad like that!

BTW, they are shipped from Hong Kong. I had mine in hand about 2 weeks after ordering, and that was over the holidays.

HeatRip

Vorsprung, the poor stitching and the holes on the wacky bags you received couldn't be worse! If mine come in that condition I'll be HOT! Workmanship and quality control aside, are the materials of good quality? thanks

dmt

Veteran
ive used the ice o lator for 11 years. why anyone would want to spend a tousand bucks to filter 12 grades of green hash is beyond my understanding.

the ice o lator is 2 bags, and beautiful blonde hash only, d

Status
Not open for further replies.