What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Vertical 6k, Closed System With Asian Kush, Urkulan and Sweet Pink Grapefruit

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
my newest room! its 8' by 8' by 16' long, closed system running at 1500 ppm, 2 rows of 3000w in cooltubes. my previous systems were 8 by 8 by 8 with one row of 3k with no co2, this should be interesting!
one side of the room is full of asian kush, the other side is urkulan(urkle/romulan) and sweet pink grapefruit. everything is run with h@g nutrient, the kush side is getting kushie kush nutrient in addition to the h@g. everything in 2 gallon pots mixed 66% coco, 33% coco croutons. watered every day, twice a day for 1 minute.

asian kush, just put into flowering.

sweet pink grapefruit on left, urkulan on right just put into flowering.

asian kush about a week later...

asian kush, day 17 i believe....

urkulan and spg, day 17 as well...

i took these pictures from the center of the room, looking either way. my plan is to put a mother plant where i was standing when i took the pictures.

motofox16

Yaaaaaa

Yaaaaaa

Im like a kid at a candy store I cant wait for this shit. Where are you now? or are those day 17 current pictures.

dude wtf .. those are the most spindly lookin plants ive seen in a while .. might be wastein yer time .. imho ..

peez ..

ss ..

M

mrdizzle

I've always noticed the spindly looking strains/plants blow the fuck up on flip

krunchbubble

Veteran
mrdizzle - 21 asian kush, 8 urkulan + 1 mom and 8 sweet pink grapefruit.

VeticalGrowBot - the kush is, well, like any og kush, mostly sativa, urkulan is 75 % indica and the sweet pink grapefruit is 100% indica. the swg i ran before in my other vert room and got a tad over 6 lb's with 3000 watts. i did a kushberry run in my other vert room , it was 75% sativa. i didnt have the room dialed in and got 5 lb's off of 3k.

motofox16 - im at day 24 i believe right now. its literally a all of weed already on the asian kush side. the kushie kush is doing its thing, bringing the shine on!

smithsutton - fuck, your right! i am waisting my time, i have no clue what im doing at all! thanks for bringing it up, your my new best friend! can i swing on your balls?

krunchbubble

Veteran
it dosent even mater if a strain is spindly or not when it comes to vertical. thats whats so great about this setup, i make walls of weed with those kind of strains. you wouldnt even fathom the price that this asian kush gets. it is by far the best og kush ive ever had, trust me, and i aint new to og. if it yielded a 1/2 lb a light, id still be making some serious bread. but in this setup, it yields very well

looks like a cool set up i would say tagged but got a newbie question first how do ya tag a thread? just post a comment and watch what threads ya have commited on or is there another way? thatnks

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
That is how it is done folks.

Superb setup and growing methodology krunch.

Can't wait to see more.

smithsutton - fuck, your right! i am waisting my time, i have no clue what im doing at all! thanks for bringing it up, your my new best friend! can i swing on your balls?

hey dude just an observation .. i been doin this 9+ years and im glad u agree and no prob ill bring it up again when yer slippin .. as far as the friend thing goes .. no thanks i got a dog .. and can u swing on my ball hell no whats yer prob are u gay .. why would u want to swing on my balls :dueling:

but anyway u will see there gonna streach so bad u wont be able to keep up .. but hey i like a ghood cluster foook how bout u ..

:lurk:

ss ..

bkob89

Sigh...if only I could get my hands on these genetics =[ Funny thing, I was just planning a verrrrry similar setup for my next grow. Looking very nice bro, good luck.

Nice room with lots going on!...

I like your watering system and am planning on doing something similar...

What pump you using? I'm guessing it supplies enough pressure to feed top plants at the same rate as bottom huh? Do you have any kinda drainage setup?

krunchbubble

Veteran
hey there simple green! im using the mondo 1/2 hp pump, same price as a little giant and much more powerfull.
i use the cheapest and simplest drip system. off the pump, i go into an inline filter, then i put in a 3/4" "Y" connector. then i run 3/4" line all the way around the whole setup to create a loop so every dripper will have even pressure. punch holes and connect the 1/8" spaghetti tubing to drippers. whole system with pump cost under $130 to make, not including the inline filter, add $55.
all the shelves are plumbed with 1" pvc in the corners, all going back to the rez.

ICMag1

krunch, this is a sick grow. Could you go into how you train your plants to grow towards the light. I'm thinking about running a similar set up on a much smaller scale and with aero/nft root tubes. I was wondering if I should angle the plants at 45 degrees towards the center of the room or if it would be better for them to be upright and "trained".

You say you use plant yoyo's to train the branches to grow anywhere you want. Where do you get the yoyo's? What's the difference between yoyos and something like hcicken wire. You're just trying to get a "Wall of Green" going right?

So you never have problems with plants growing too long? Do you grow sativas ever?

Sick grow

smallfry707

hey whats going on . i hope you can answer a few question for me.. do you prefer this method of growing vs growing trees like your 10k grow in your signature? What are the plant number in this style of growing? and what was the yield on the last grow with out the c02?
thanks in advance
-smallfry

Latest posts

Latest posts