What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple kush in magic

wick.96

hello all. A buddy of mine dropped off a cut to me of this awhile back... said it was the bomb. I proceeded to grow a momma and have taken a couple of clones which are now under some real lights.

My setup includes a SWC automated hydroponic system, a typical in/out fan room with a carbon filter. I am running about 800cfm total and 1200watts in hps . I also have a dehumidifier that keesp the room humidity in check.

so here is after the first week, recently rooted cuttings(aprox 3-4 inchs when transplanted).

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see I grow inside tomatoe cages and prune heavily(lollypop) by the 2nd week of flower.

I run a strict reimen of GH products mixed with a few other goodies with the Lucas formula.

wick.96

Hello friends! I was wanting to take some different type of shots of the garden, so i came up with this idea! so simple..Leaf tips!!humidity is looking great.. and so are room temps!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gonna kick them into flower in 3 days or so.

One Love 731

Veteran
looks good. Ill be up and running soon, maybe even a new grow log or thread. Thanks for all you do. Karma, One Love

Last edited:
Sub scribed. I just received a clone of PK. After reading RR's post about LST, I'm curious to see what this plant does in a 'mater cage.

wick.96

Hey guys! Welcome to the purple kush display. Good to have you along.

The girls have been growing up quick, just did the first round of pruning this past weekend. Canopy looks nice and even and healthy.. Huge leaves bigger then my hands!!... been doing some LST training of my own!! along with some high stress lollipop technique

room temp is sitting at 26.7 degrees C , the humidity is very close to 40%.PERFECT STATS YO. Only complaint i have about this grow so far is it STINKS and it hasn't even started budding yet... Starting to see preflowers this week wont be long before the goodness happens. Got the carbon filter on already helping the smell situation..

couple pictures of the progress

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

later guys

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
he is alive.....what up wick?....u stayin outa trouble?....pk this round..look's like their uptaking nicely.....let's see them flower's.......

wick.96

Geezuz Keeping up with these girls is hard!!freaking things are booming!!

There will be one more minor haircut done to further promote thick bud sites during flower on each branch, rather then allow typical popcorn budlike spread of an untrained plant. Removing leaves is something i don't do, so i make sure all branches have good light penetration to each budsite.More leaves will always do a plant better as long as their healthy.

caged Kush
picture.php

caged kush2
picture.php

Caged tops Canopy.. nice and even.

picture.php

picture.php

enjoy!

One Love 731

Veteran
The girls look sturdy, cant wait for the switch. You can tell their getting everything they need, great work. Karma, One Love

wick.96

Sup brothas.

One love, you wont have to wait much longer these girls are already flipped. About 1.5 weeks into flower. Apparently from what i have found purple kush flowers really fast like 5-6 weeks??? The trics will tell. You guys will see it.

IM not really to sure of where this clone originally came from , The Rock. I have acquired it through multiple channels.It's traveled a long way if it is indeed the Purple Kush. We are very interested to see how this one develops.. I don't do production. I do testing and perfection. Which is perfectly fine for me. To me it is my science project. I love the rewards, but for me it's about refinement and the science behind it.Much like a hardcore salt water fish tank enthusiast. I am constantly tweaking and playing in my small 6 site garden.

Alot of the speed of development comes from the refined hydro system. If you want more info on it you will have to search for it, or PM. Please do not ask me about it openly in any of my threads.

I am slowly turning into an underground "Consultant" lol ..kinda funny when i think about it that way.
I can help increase yield substantially simply by showing growers advanced techniques. to prune and train, Proper nutrient regiments and having the proper tools at ones disposal.. I am a big fan of the Lucas formula for one reason. YEILD vs Cost. I have yet to find another combination that can do it as good, as cheap.I have modified it slightly to my own needs. You can run hundreds of dollars in nutrients, or you can run fractions of that and achieve same results. RESULTS are my expertise.

There are literally thousands of people growing inefficiently, my goal is to change that.Alot of people don't even know about the LUCAS formula. I am a firm believer in spending the least amount for the greatest return, by greatest return of course i mean huge ass, tasty, sticky nugs. It's what does it for me! Of course if you don't buy the right equipment, or buy equipment you don't know how to run properly... things are gonna be disappointing. Very satisfying when somebody I help comes back with a grin from ear to ear..

There are alot of growers i look up to on this board. ICmag has some of the most experienced and influential people right here.I LOVE THIS PLACE. Alot of what i know, came from here and the very good folk..

One Love 731

Veteran
I love to watch them change, its such a neat time. You have helped put that ear to ear smile on my face and for that I salute you. It seems a little sketchy to post the garden as it has grown a lot, maybe when things get smoothed out. Karma, One Love

wick.96

Yeah I had a poke around your albums one love.!! looking sweet bro, nice crystalline buds!!!You have lots of room to play in!!

Don't be afraid to prune vigorously during veg. Aim for even top growth.This will maximize each branch's growth potential.Greater light penetration available to each part of the plant increases yields substantially.

When your growing hydro the plant barley registers shock from pruning. It will re aim energy almost immediately elsewhere in the plant.Go for 4-5 main shoots off the bottom. Chop halfways down each main branch during 1st week of flower leaving only the upper foliage, take everything but the leafs. Also. Minimize small shot-growth up top at this time. Keep nodes that are fatter, stronger stemmed, hack all the rest. By the 2nd week of flower, take any remaining crap off(small shit pops outta nowhere!) ..and put the scissors away until harvest time.

Peace

wick.96

goodgod245.jpg

This is such an awesome picture!!

Did the final prep for flower.

wipe vented shade glass(inside), trimmed off the rest of the shit growth.. Bumped up the nutrients.added some bloom enhancer, up to 900ppm now. Room is sitting at about 40% humidity and 26.0 degrees Celsius.

I was surprised to see the plants had devoured 12 gallons of water/nutrients in three days!!!So the add back took a bit of effort!!lol

.....now it's just sit back and wait.(sigh)

hazy

Veteran
MY PK goes 60-65 days. It could go longer, but I can't ever wait. I accidentally chopped one at 39 days one time (looked done), and it was the bomb, so I could take it 55-60.

Last edited:

BigGreen

Veteran
Locked in wick
Nice grow ya got going and dam your plants look healthy every time.
Keep up the good work and stay safe
BigGreen