What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWC Scrog almost finished g13 labs power skunk and g13xhaze

!! LENGTHY POST ALERT !!

This grow is almost completed, have about two more weeks of flowering then a 14 day flush, then a 60 day cure. I've kept a detailed log since the very beginning, if you have any questions ask away :joint:

Setup:
30 gallon tubs with 4 airstones per tub
stiff plastic deer fence screen lashed to pvc framework
2 - 400W HPS
2 - 250W MH (used for veg only)
FloraNova nutes
Overdrive
CalMag
a drop of ph down now and then
RO water

picture.php

Vegged for 30 days, then switched to 12/12. The g13xhaze stretch was very minimal (less than 7 inches). day 30 ph 6.2 EC 1.3
picture.php

The g13 labs power skunk stretch was intense. This was the beginning, but after it was completely done, there was at least 27" of vertical stretch. day 30 ph 5.7 EC 1.7
picture.php

Here they are flowering for 45 days. Stretch is completed for the g13xhaze, stretch is almost completed for the g13 labs (on the left). day 75 ph 6.1 EC 1.9
picture.php

G13 labs power skunk, 60 days flowering, 90 days from start day 90 ph 5.9 EC 2.3
picture.php

g13xhaze, 60 days flowering, 90 days from start day 90 ph 5.7 EC 2.2
picture.php

At this point, I'm thinking two more weeks of flowering for the g13xhaze, then a 14 day flush. The powerskunk is much more immature and will require a few more weeks.

Tips that I've learned/picked up thus far (Most of them here or other grow forums or through lessons learned the hard way...)
  • if you get rid of all the leaves early, supposably they will regrow and it will shorten the internodes (plant wont stretch towards the light as much)
  • Only use clones. You need to know exactly how long they take to flower, how they're internodes are structured and their nute strengths.
  • at bare minimum fim each top you have so taht the side branches form and keep those under the screen as well, you want that screen to be full of branches underneath before you go to flower.
  • Keep everything under the %^$& screen! Only buds allowed to grow through
  • Stretch can be combatted with supercropping, and/or lst
  • Stiffer screen = easier to train the plant
  • documenting your EC/ph/PPM every other day will help establish the nutrient and or water uptake, allowing you to adjust accordingly
  • using a submersible pump to flush a 30 gallon tub helps immensly
  • using a real air pump with manifold to supply oxygen makes a big difference over the walmart pumps
  • cool tubes are the next upgrade
Thanks for stopping by!

79towncar

Wow canopy is very nice. I've always been interested in SCROG but never actually read about it yet. You have definetly inspired me to do some reading.. Ha goodluck withthe yields and stay safe cuz..

79towncar - thanks! This is my third scrog gro, and there were definitely a lot of things learned the hard way, but I picked up a lot of good info right here on icmag.

Hi JamieShoes - thanks for checkin in! I trained the g13xhaze through day 60 from start, trained the powerskunk through 80 days when it finally stopped stretching lol.

After looking at the G13xhaze through a glass, I believe it will be ready to harvest in 2 weeks, thus I started flushing it today.

The powerskunk will get another full week of nutes at a minimum.

So far been flushing the g13haze for 4 days, but no signs of yellowing yet (should start soon).

Going to begin flushing the powerskunk next monday.

first week of flushing the g13haze has been fruitful. I flushed again today, with the runoff from the last fill coming out at 290ppm. Leaves are yellowing, trichs are getting amber and it will be chopped this coming friday!

As for the powerskunk, gave it the first flush today (thank goodness for the imersible pump!) it has been filling in nicely and the trichs are looking fairly cloudy. Hoping two weeks of flush and it will be ready to chop, but we'll see.

Plan to snap some more pics after lights off. Here are some under the canopy for now.

branching of g13xhaze
picture.php

branching of powerskunk
if you look real close, you can see how there are branches twisted 270degrees.
picture.php

Last edited:
Night time pics, still figuring out how to use the macro on my camera lol.

First the g13haze ~ 4 days until the chop
picture.php

Next the powerskunk ~ 11 days until chop
picture.php

and last a side by side, powerskunk on the left g13haze on the right
picture.php

I

inthelight

power skunk

power skunk

AWESOME grow!!!!! I was wondering how nute sensative is the power skunk? looks like a nice little sativa dominat plant hope the high is nice and uplifting

BigGreen

Veteran
Looking good oldfarmer how them trichs looking? Looks tasty as well. Let them trichs go 1/2 amber = stoned to the bone. Are you feeding lucas novabloom?

inthelight - powerskunk can use a lot of nutes. I had this girl up to 1500ppm before showing signs of burn.

BigGreen - thanks for stoppin in! Trichs are looking about 10/70/20 on the powerskunk, gonna give it at least another week. The g13haze is looking closer to 5/65/30 and will be chopped in two days! This was my first grow using lucas (FloraNova grow, floranova bloom + OverDrive) and I absolutely love it. Easiest grow thus far, just let the plants tell me what they want :rasta:

thanks andy12!

I harvested half of the g13xhaze today, and god damn! that is one sticky bitch lol. Gonna harvest the other half tomorrow and post some pics. wont be weighing for a few weeks, but looks like a decent yielding indica pheno.

The time has finally arrived, for the g13 haze at least :woohoo:

After two sessions of trimming, the plant is ready to dry. It will stay hung until it snaps, then will be given a final trim and be placed into jars for a month with daily burps. Luckily I have other smoke for now, so hopefully I can keep my hands out of this stash and get a real weight after drying and final trim. :wallbash:

The hung buds are 5 rows deep, and the three brown paper bags on the bottom are each filled halfway with popcorn bud. I tried to get a good trich shot, but need a better camera lol. One plant down, one more to go (next friday).

Anyone wanna guess at yield? I'm curious, as I've never accurately weighed anything home grown.
picture.php

picture.php