What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Postman's Grow Show #4 (feat. H3ad Seeds Trainwreck Bx1)

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Welcome to my grow show #4 here on Icmag... This grow and show will document my tester pack of H3ad Seeds Trainwreck bx1, The Arcata Trainwreck x (Trainwreck/Thai) from germination of the seeds to hopefully TCH glistening flowers later on :woohoo:

For all you that may not know these tw bx1 seeds are one of H3ads Seeds beginning steps towards the goal of reproducing, and later offering his version of the Elite Arcata Trainwreck cutting by way of seed. This grow will document some of the phenotypes that can be found within the first back cross, and hopefully lend a bigger picture later on to the progression of Heads Trainwreck as his subsequent tw offerings become available for sale, and are grown out by our community.

I'm a lil late getting these seeds started. I was actually gifted these a couple months back to be grown out as a test pack, but do to some circumstances out of my control my seed run got delyed a bit. I figure better late then never though, and although a few packs of these have been released for sale, I do believe I'm still one of the firsts to do a thurough grow journal on em.

I will be germinating 10 of my 13 seeds today (Thanks for the extra H3ad). They'll be placed into a cup of water and germination will begin. I'll be growing these in my dr120 grow tent. They'll go from seedlings under cfl lights, to 400cmh + supplemental warm colored cfl come veg, and then under a super hotilux 400hps + the supplemental daylight cfl come mid flower onward. This will be my second coco coir grow, and I'll be feeding with gh flora nutes according to H3ads coco regimen, and possibly with some orig. pureblend/liquid karma foliar feedings here and there throughout the grow as to try and impart the dirty earthy kelp/ mollasses/bat/worm shit flavors this organic grower has come to love LOL.

Depending on m/f ratio I may go from seed to flower, though if I only end up with say 2-3 females I may take the time to clone them, and make better use of my relatively small grow space. There is also a possibility of another variety joining the show, the Wonder Diesel ix X Chemdog D bx1 I made with Rez's beans. Only dropping 5 seeds of those, so we'll see what happens.

Nothing much to show yet, once I get a few above the ground I'll start updating with weekly pictures. Any questions u have about the grow please ask away, as it's ur participation that makes these grow shows worth it for me.
picture.php

Last edited:

AugustWest

Veteran
this looks great man! I'm subscribed, and will try to make it over here more often bro.

hope all is well with you.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Good to see ya here bright and early for this one AW.. Please do come by more often.

Hehe lets just see how long it takes for Tbug to find me here:rasta:

AugustWest

Veteran
Good to see ya here bright and early for this one AW.. Please do come by more often.

Hehe lets just see how long it takes for Tbug to find me here:rasta:

yeah man.. i bookmarked this one and T-bugs in order to remind myself.. u know how that goes man.

best of luck brotha!

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Exploziv Welcome.. Kick back relax, and hit this pipe. It's packed up with some qwiso extract from my latest harvest. I made it up extra special as per AugustWest's instructions:kos:

AugustWest ^^^ Yeah bro I know how it goes LOL. Been smoking qwiso for a week, and I just bout forgot where I put my grow journeral, hehe or spell it.... Even if u forget about me for a while, I'll be right here when u remember again. Hopefully in a few months when I'm taking down my big haul of tw buds.

Last edited:
M

MeltingPot

Those seeds are in the right hands. Whatup bro. =)
Can't wait to see what you do w/ these, and yer lil' Willie D cross there should be fun too...

Nice i will be here to see this one finish

i got one question are these available to the general public or are they in the future??

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
MeltingPotBro.. You and me both.. I've been wanting for a long time to find out what the trainwreck was all about. Hopefully these bx1 seeds will give me a lil taste. If you (or anyone for that matter) have any experience with the arcata cut, It would be cool to get some help down the line noticing the tw characteristics, and phenotypes.

As for the wdxchemd... I liked them both a lot, so I just had to cross the two.. Not only that but they each have certain characteristics I'd like to see more of in the other.. I'd be golden if i found a wonder diesel dom. plant which yields more like the chem d bx1's, and I'd like to have a chemd1 with a bit more of the sour lemon/pine cleaner flavor/smell of my wonder diesel ix.

NorthernHigh There was a small number of these on seedbay a month back or so. If interested I would contact dg and see if any are left over, or possibly went unpaid. I believe Grat3fulH3ad is planning to do future work with this tw project of his. I do have a pm into him telling him about this grow thread, so hopefully he'll stop in at some point to offer up some info on the project.

GOONie

How you like your dr 120? I just got one, 1st one the zipper was broken, 2nd one I got a few of the supports went straight through the shell during shipping. Was hell getting a good one but they sure are nice.

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High post! You know im in....!(how long were you planning on keeping this a secret from me...lol?)
Cant wait for the action to start...lol. I would like to hear more about your foliar feedings if you dont mind. as to how often, how much, and over all purpose(if there is one). I never know what to do in that respect and just sorta randomly spray shit...lol. all I ever use is dimond nectar and epsom salts a couple times in veg which they really seem to love.
But thats about the extent of my foliar feed experience and I would like be able to give it a lil' more purpose if possible...lol.
thanks and peace, bugout

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High post! You know im in....!(how long were you planning on keeping this a secret from me...lol?)
Cant wait for the action to start...lol. I would like to hear more about your foliar feedings if you dont mind. as to how often, how much, and over all purpose(if there is one). I never know what to do in that respect and just sorta randomly spray shit...lol. all I ever use is dimond nectar and epsom salts a couple times in veg which they really seem to love.
But thats about the extent of my foliar feed experience and I would like be able to give it a lil' more purpose if possible...lol.
thanks and peace, bugout

Ahh man!!! Not bad Tbug, not bad at all. I figured it woulda at least taken a week for you to find it. Don't worry I though I woulda given ya heads up by the time I had something worth showing. It wouldn't have been as an enjoyable grow show without ya:rasta:

It's not so much the foliar feeding, but it's getting back to using LK. I have used that stuff from seedling to flush with great results. From rooting stimulant, to growth-flower stimulant, to nutrient uptake inhibitor, carbohydrates, fulvic etc. etc. Liquid karma is a solid organic supplement IMO. Instead of feeding an organic supplement as I did last grow mixed in with the gh, I was going to try and take Rez's advice and not mix the organic supplement in with the gh regimen this run, and try foliars.... Not very often, but at key points in the grow.. rooting...transplants... late veg-through the early flower stretch. I usually stop foliars once I have sufficient buds.

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
How you like your dr 120? I just got one, 1st one the zipper was broken, 2nd one I got a few of the supports went straight through the shell during shipping. Was hell getting a good one but they sure are nice.

Sorry to hear about your troubles getting the tent. IMO the dr's are really descent tents aside from some weak points. While the inside material is awesome, and most of all NON TOXIC, the material used for the outer shell could of been chosen better.. It seems to be prone to developing pin hole sized light leaks, and from being folded up and packed tight in transit the backing for the zippers can crease which again becomes a source for tiny minute light leaks. Aside from the weak points, you cant beat the convenience of a grow tent, and specifically the dr's well thought out access ports. the dr certainly comes with the proper ventilation ports needed for most set-up configurations. Hopefully by the time we're ready for new tents there is a company out there who has worked out all the weak points the grow tents seem to have as a hole.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I got sprouts!!

So far 9 of the 11 trainwreck bx1 seeds are above ground, and 5 of the 5 wonder diesel x chemdog bx1's as well. I was going to only germ 10 tw but some how during potting them up I ended up sticking 2 seeds in 1 cup:noway:.... At the time Thinking I either lost it or being stoned silly did exactly what I did, put two seeds in one cup, i ended up popping another just in case. Today i found out where that seed went
picture.php

So what you guys suppose I do with them? I was going to wait a week and then try my best to separate them gently, but if you guys have any better suggestions, or think I'd be best off to do it now let me know?

Anyway here is how I have the new babies set-up.. I got 2- 30w warm cfl spot bulbs in the middle, and 4- 26w bulbs on the sides.. I'll keep them like this under 24/0 light till they have 1 or 2 leaves, then I'll place them in the tent on a 18/6 light cycle to veg the rest of the way..
picture.php

Trainwreck bx1's
picture.php

the 5 wonder diesel x chemdog bx1's plus the double seeded tr cup front right
picture.php

Last edited:

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High Post! Im no expert on the subject...lol(of losing track of seed:noway:) but hey...guano happens lol! It would have to be easier to split them up sooner, rather than later. once the roots start spreading out and getting tangled, it would be more dificult i would think. buts thats just my vote, and i dont really speak from experience of what damage you might cause at this young fragil stage.
GL and peace, bugout

PS If you are truely concerned that both may die, you could kill one now, thereby ensuring that at least one will survive with no adverse side effects. thats only if you take the Mr. Spock approch of insensitivity and logic...lol

SOURSMOKINGKUSH

newb poster here our grow are around the same stage hope to gain some knowledge on your journey to our lovely plants. and had a question. how are the spot cfl compared to the regular spirial or u tube design?

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High Post! Im no expert on the subject...lol(of losing track of seed:noway:) but hey...guano happens lol! It would have to be easier to split them up sooner, rather than later. once the roots start spreading out and getting tangled, it would be more dificult i would think. buts thats just my vote, and i dont really speak from experience of what damage you might cause at this young fragil stage.
GL and peace, bugout

PS If you are truely concerned that both may die, you could kill one now, thereby ensuring that at least one will survive with no adverse side effects. thats only if you take the Mr. Spock approach of insensitivity and logic...lol

Yeah you got that right.. Shit does happen Tbug LOL.. I got dealt a lil bunny turd this time though. Nothing to major. At least I wont be needing the big shit shovel to dig myself outta this one.

Worse case like you said, I'll squash the weakest, and let the other live. Though of course I'd like for them both to live. Only reason I thought about waiting a bit to separate them was because right now I assume they only have a single fragile taproot, and if I rip that single tap in half I believe It'll be pretty much fucked. I thought by possibly waiting say a week the roots may be established enough to where even if I ripped one out and left half it's roots behind, there may still be enough root mass left on it to survive n eventually rebound.

I'm still up in the air on what would be best to save them both.. I would just friggen leave em alone and grow em together if I new they both were female. At any rate I'm going to have to do something eventually.