What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water cooled co2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozo

Just thought Id thow this out there for anyone else who is concidering Hydrogens new water cooled co2 generator.I ordered one from a cheap prices but wont talk to you on the phone places in there defence they didnt have the water solenoid valve listed that is required to run off city water.with in 4 hours of email they had it up on site pic description and all A+ for that .Bad part they sold me stuff they dont have yet (sold me stuff they didnt have last month too kinda irritating cause its 36 hours till you find out you aint getting what you want) They wont have this Item till dec 22 now .I belive this thing is pretty new,all the places I called yesterday while waiting the 4 hours for other place to list though it was on there site for sale had no clue about it .I called the hydrofarm dealers in Wa starting at the top of hyrofarms list,what a joke not one had even heard of it .Ok so the no phone place will ship on 22, btw $379.00 was second lowwest price I found no phone place $319.00. The google search says there price is higher but web page has better price .Anyone who wants to look will find the no phone place if not so so I will link it Search for "hydrogen water cool co2 generator"
That is the web site for the maker of the hydrogen water cooled co2 generator .It is a on demand hot water heater with some minor modifications .I have seen that model before same housing knobs and all. $399 is a decent price hats off to you guys @ hydroinovations for the great new idea .They make some nice heat scrubbing stuff

Ok well back to the waiting till 22nd I have plumbing to do water source and drain pluc adding ac and a sentinal CHHC-1 total env.controller,other wise Id ask for a refund and buy it else where but I think it would be same everwhere not sure end suppliers have there hands on these .I could be wrong If you have one Id love to hear from you .just yer opion of it would be great .

Ok back to waiting looking thinking surfin smokin light went off and i did a search look what I found
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Water-Demand-Portable-Heater/dp/B0009PURE0

Ok Im back to thinking planning smoking any thoughts on this unit I know I could make i work big bottle fixxes propane issues .$20 water hose adaptor but I save cause the water valve for hydrogen is 70 delivered
Dout it puts our near the co2 or is as efficent at heating the water and not the exhust . Tankless water heaters exhaust If the idea has been out there it slipped past me and if any one finds a link to the heater that is identical to the hydrogen please post it I will if I find it again

Last edited by a moderator:

Bozo

Bah that coleman thing is a POS
http://www.productsthatsave.com/ptsl5.html
Only problem is the 17min timer feature easy to bypas if its mechanical lot harder if its digital .I am gonna contact manufacture and ask bout the timer and can it be bypassed .I will post there responce.

http://www.productsthatsave.com/ptsl10.html
Thats the next size up and better prices and info at there web site
Sry if I'm eatin up band with I just think this is cool I have been growwin long time and on these boards fer few years maybe there was a portable hot water idea out there I just never saw it .I have read the ones bout using yer propane hot water heater but you cant control the burn so piontless to run a duct to do the same thing an on demand gas water heater
I have tossed the idea around in my hollow head to set one up for house and vent exhaust once anain a big pain in the ass long runs of wires ducts to control .Alot more work and money
If theres a decent thread bout tankless gas water heaters please point it out and I will let it die .If not i think this is an option .Tell ya what in a month I will know,cause I am going to do it just want to do it cheap and safe and would love to hear any thoughts folks have good or bad I dont care I love to argue

Bozo

Well I bought this one
Marey 5 Liter Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater
when my Xmas presents arrive and I hook up new A/C new sentinal CHHC-1 and seal room rework my ventilation ie fresh air intakes for lights as apposed to I suck on scrubber mounted on ceiling push room air past them now and out
Once that is done I will report my findings .I am expecting this to be a great thing for co2 . 86% efficent, so on low gas setting 10,000 btu 8.600 btu are going away with the water that leaves 1,400btu left in the exhaust .With water setting maxxed out I bet it will run quite cool compared to open burner.1400 btu is =to 400 watt light not alota heat Ok done talkin to myself Hope someone else finds this interesting shit worst thing can happen is I got a kick ass shower fer campin

Bozo

This evening I decided to steal another Idea fron Hydro Inovations there water cooled ice box .Since I will have the water in there and set up to run only @ burn I have decided to fab up my own ice box with a 1979 - 1994 Ford - Mercury Heater Core perfect size and price is bout 15 dollars .Now all I will need it to fab a sheet metal box with 3 inch inlet and outlet small fan and I'm gonna water cool the co2 gen / tankless water heater exhaust making this an even beter idea
I have'nt been this excited bout my room in years can barely sleep mind moving too fast thinkin
Sry Hydro Inovations ...If it makes you feel better I bought yer water soleniod to control the water heater I bought
I ended up saving 170 dollars think I will spend it on a vaportec 4000 I can see orod problems popping up with seeled room ,even thou i have 2 scrubbers

That marvey water heater appears to be identical to the hydrogen. If you look on ebay the store that sells them shows the inside, which looks exactly the same as in the demo video and the knobs on the front are all identical. Hell yeah, a $200 co2 burner! Now all I need is to figure out how to use the teleaire co2 monitors and I could have a $450 co2 setup.

peace

BlindDate

Veteran
Brilliant deduction. That explains why it operates via water flow. Tankless water heaters are a very matured technology. Hence reliable, efficient and safe.

Those CO2 generators have always looked very crude to me.

btw. I did a search on Ebay and found nothing for "Marvey", do you have a link?

Bozo

Glad you enjoyed the Idea I am still jazzed bout it like a kid @ Xmass I have always wanted co2 and I think water cooled will work well ,tanks are outa the question here
Make sure you put alota thought into safety like CO alarms The water cooled exahust idea has me excited too I will build it after the hollidaze I have never posted pics online too skered but room will be empty when I do install I will post up pics of what you need to pull this off and what mine looks like and how it runs ie was it worth it or am I putting it with camping gear and buying a VERY spendy air cooled model ,Cause this much I know $515 for CHHC-1 ,$400 for A/C come hell or high water Bozo is gettin co2.Dont need it but I have 100watts per sq ft I know it will make a noticable difference . If you have any questions WG I know you can buy a preset teleaire off a guy on Ebay .I just checked and didnt see them but he sells them all the time .I also found this
http://www.gardenscure.com/420/construction/103932-diy-wiring-telaire-co2-
monitor.html
GL and Happy HollidaZe

BlindDate

Veteran
Good find. The price is cheaper, but don't forget that Hydroinnovations is also providing a flow meter and Ox depletion sensor as well as instruction for use as a Co2 generator. I think that when you consider all things, it is still better to buy the Hydroinnovations unit.

Bozo

flow meter?
I agree blind the hydrogen unit is safer . Amerigas has o2 depletion sensors easly added to cheaper unit

Last edited:

Bozo

I just woke up Sry if I'm slow if by flow meter you mean propane hose and regulator the hydrogen comes with them cheaper unit doesnt (but I can take a shower LOL)

I wonder if the hydrogen is a 10 or 5 L unit?

I should coment alittle about safety DONT INSTALL CHEAPEST TANKLESS WATER HEATER YOU CAN FIND HOOK WATER UP TURN IT ON AND GO TO SLEEP OR YOU WILL die

Heres what I am doing I am puttind o2 depletion circut in Putting the valve that opens the water on a time out timer that will only let valve stay open for set length of time ie if co2 doesnt reach target shut off piont by set time water shuts off anyway (I would rather have no co2 than safety issue)I would do this to hydrogen model as well if I had bought it .

O2 depletion is what will kill you folks what happens is oxygen levels drop to point where gas cant burn cleanly and it releases CO (carbonmonoxide) CO alarms are a MUST
All Co2 gens are made for green houses please remember that be safe Take all things into account and if you dont know ask .Hell call yer gas company and ask them question about tankless water heaters ,of course they will tell you the brand they carry is the best

Blind I am glad you like the idea I think it will suit yer idea bout constant slight neg pressure through scrubber ,as I also have found it tough to get all the dank from the air without neg pressure ,and these things pump out the Co2 . Your idea bout lotsa co2 and slight neg pressure solves all the oxygen depletion issuse as far as I can see I am courious about how well they are gonna stay cool Co2 gen open burner type have burners that butterfly the flame to decrease heat Hydrogen type have needle point flames made for heating stuff
I dont know enough about flame type and co2 production but I know you will only get X amout outa a 5 gal propane tank as long as it is burned cleanly (blue flame)
An issolation box with fresh air intake and powered exhaust might be the way i end up going .Then water cool the Co2 exhaust and have cheap co2 thats as cool as bottled .My water is 50 degrees from tap I think I can cool exaust .Dont let the Hydrogen vid fool ya the exhaust on these aint cool but water all the way up gas on low I belive it is very possible .I wonder if the Hydrogen vid didnt show there icebox cooler working with there exhaust as not to take away from there claim the exhaust wasnt hot .If you are gonna use tap water already why not run it through icebox type cooler first
Ha i sure carryin on bout this think its a awsome idea
I know some of ya live where waters tight for you this idea would suck If not and you have always wanted cheap cool co2 I think there some potential here .We'll see soon enough .unless someone who doesnt live where it will take till Jan to get everything I ordered builds it first ,,please do Be safe

BlindDate

Veteran
Hey Bozo,

My mistake, I was thinking of a different product that had a water flow meter. My mind is drifting.

I suppose there may be a certain type of flame that favors CO2 production and a certain type of flame that favors heat, but if there is I'll bet the difference is tiny.

Tankless heaters are made for indoor use, hence their safety issues have been worked out long ago. Never heard of a O2 sensor on a Blue Ox or GEN unit. Those things are junk. Sheet metal and a simple burner for $400 please.

I vent at a low rate while my AC is on and it has never been a problem. Even turned the vent fan off to see if temps drop and nothing. So much for my mother yelling at me to close the door "your letting all the cold air out". Central air systems exchange a percentage of fresh air anyways (hear that mom). My point is that 1500 ppm of CO2 is not that much to add in a room. A burner will/should not have any problem. Nor will it have to run all the time.

Last edited:
B

badugi

Awesome product. I think I will go with the Hydro Innovations unit, for the exact reasons BlindDate mentioned (I am seeing the $200 value).

Quick question: can the exhaust be ducted out, or is that the source of the CO2? I'm assuming it can't since that's where the CO2 enriched air comes out of.

Bozo

Hi badugi I just got the 5 L marey model today that guy is on the ball I ordered it on the 5th unit looks of decent quality I took cover off to check it out.Its small 19x 11.5x4.5 .Upon inspection the exhaust is a very open design (and yes the exhaust is where all the co2 is badugi) I think from the looks of it if you put too strong of a fan on the exhaust it will effect the flame ei too much wind turbulance.I am guessing but from the way mine is a 3inch computer fan will prob be just right .Thinking I will just direct air slowwly as possible and still get it where I want .Issolation box outa the question you would lose all the co2 venting the issolation chamber,the design is too open air flows freely though whole unit.The iecbox style exhaust cool is a go thou I think it would be foolish of me not to get 2 uses outa the water that will be flowwing anyway.I am not worried bout the exhaust cooler heating up the water before it goes into water heater cause my water is 39 -38 degrees from tap (that baby is gonna run cool )If I had wanted one to actually heat 39 degree water Id need atleast a 10 L model.
Side note place that sold me a hydrogen they didnt have for$319 now wants 399 like everyone else .they also have the water soliniod you need ,like i said before if you cant use city water,the tank youd need to run this thing efficiently is staggering
I beblive the hydrogen model is a 10 L type most 10L heaters I looked @ put out 75000btu many time too much for a 10x10 room so you turn it to low and its 15000 btu (guess) Not sure what 15000 btu converts to in co2 but it it still a ton for a 10x10 room .I have a 7x6x7 space that is why i chose the 5 L model it only puts out 35000 btu on high 10,000 on low maybe less that is why I chose the Marey 5 L model .was more a size thing than price I,m like Forest Gump with new idea i lost many hours sleep thinking bout this already and you know Mama alway said "Shut the hell up you little bastard" Be Safe

B

badugi

I'm pretty sure the HydroGEN video stated it was a 12k (low) - 35k/36k (high) BTU unit. How much is the Ice Box?

Bozo

not sure there products are all new there web site doesnt list a msrp
I am going to use a ford heater core and fab one from sheet metal with 3 inch inlets and use this fan
http://cgi.ebay.com/Coralife-Aquali...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

I am watching there web site there air cooled model will interesting .I wonder what the improvements over the air heat exchangers that are $700 or more .Lowwer price i would hope

Last edited:
B

badugi

Didn't Hydro Innvoations once make water-cooled lighting? Or is that another company? I almost wanna say I remember seeing this same guy in another video demonstrating water-cooled lights.

Use of a heater core sounds like an excellent idea. What types of places sell things like this for cheap? I'm thinking junkyards like Pick-N-Pull (a local junkyard where you pick off the parts you want from the cars in the lot). Wondering how much it'll help and if it'll be worth it.

6 x 1k air-cooled in a slightly less than 12' x 10' x 7.5' with 14.5k BTU A/C.

Bozo

I will report back after I do it .I really think it will help low flow air super cold water exhaust should come out 75-80 degrees I am guessing .Way better than the 120 I think it puts out the way it is .I am going to do a long winded report on exhaust temps before and after icebox along with co2 readings with pics .junk yards are heaven for diy .Hell yeah recycle youll feel better later when you are dumpin hot water down the drain heheh

B

badugi

I'm curious if there are any condensation issues on the Ice Box, perhaps on the heater core? Running the lights at night, I'll be getting some pretty cold water.

Bozo

I dont plan on running the icebox on my lights I wanna adapt the concept to further cool the water heaters exhaust
I remember the water not sure who made them same folks that made the collosseum I think .I heard nothing but bad stuff about the water cooled lights back when they were new

I recon if a fella water cooled his lights 12 hours he would use gallon a min thats 720 gallons .I would feel bad using that much water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts