What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zizu's AeroCab-GDP, M. Kush, GC

Zizu

Hello,

Well I've been collecting parts to build an AeroCab for a while now so I figured I would start this thread up. I just finished most of it yesterday and fired it up. She's live now with 8 clones. I'll post some pics when I get home this evening.

Plan:

I have a 12" deep x 48" wide x about 60" Tall armoire. The idea is to make a mildly stealth cabinet to grow a couple plants. My girlfriend and I are CA Medical so it's all on the level. Lighting will be a 400w HPS. Ventilation will be a S&P fan, I have the specs at home and will update later. Rootchambers are Coleman marine coolers (32 I think) Qty-2. The reservoir is remote and kept under my bed, it is a large marine cooler. The pump is a Shurflo variable speed rated at 60psi. I have it mounted in it's own cooler to control sound and contain leaks during shakedown runs. All tubing is high pressure 3/4" flexible PVC held together with a bunch of hose clamps.

As this is designed to run in my bedroom I wanted to reduce the risk of catastrophic leaks. I ran 1 1/2" tubing to a bulkhead fitting in the bottom of each rootchamber as a drain. I then ran my supply lines in the drain so that if there was a leak it would naturally contain itself. I also did all joints inside the main reservoir cooler for the same reason. Misters are Netafim Quad! Shoutout to HCA(Hairless Cave Ape!!)!! He turned me onto them and they rock. Work perfectly and are easy as hell to setup. Pump is on a Cap-DNE(something like that) short interval timer, set per HCA's timing of 3minutes off and 47sec on.

So that is basically what I have done at this point.

To do:

As it stands I am still waiting on some parts. I got a Bake-A-Round on the way to cooltube the lamp. I have a Solenoid and am waiting on an accumulator tank. The Shurflo is Variable speed so it controls it's own speed to match pressure. Problem is it does a lot of winding up and down and I figure that will wear her out fast. So I'm gonna hook up a RO accumulator tank and solenoid to hopefully moderate pump load and even out system presssure. I whipped up a ghetto carbon scrubber but I think it's slowing down my fan too much so I will probably revamp it this evening.

Nutes?

I am running GH Flora series with Micro hardwater. I wanted to avoid using RO water this time around so decided to give the Micro Hardwater a shot to see how she runs.

Strains?

I got some GDP clones and M.Kush. My mothers are starting to flesh out but the clones I have in now are scraggly and pretty much my sacrificial lambs. I also have some GrahmCracker clones that are grown from seed and as of yet unsexed.

Training?

Hopefully I can rig up a SCROG screen next week sometime!

Temps?
I still need to get a chiller to keep everything at optimum temps. Unfortunately that will have to wait till I get my next paycheck!

Well thats about all I got right now! I just wanted to thank everyone here as I've read about a thousand posts in the last couple months. Special thanks go out to the HCA!!

Yes. This thread sucks without pictures. If no one is over at my place tonight I will try to get some shots up!

Zizu

Zizu

I finally got some photos uploaded after only 2 or so hours.....

This is a shot of the outside of the Armoire.

Heres what it looks like with the door open. You can see the cooers and fan and scrubber. Do you see the scrubber?

Heres a shot of the pump mounted in a different cooler to control sound and leaks.

You can also see the DC converter for the 12 volt pump....

Here you can see the inside of my res. The filter coming from the pump then splitting to the two drain tubes where it is internally ran to the root chamber..

Zizu

Thanks! The S&P fan is still a little loud. I could mask the sound but would rather tone it down some. I got some new clones that I just threw in the works.

These are a test for water cloning..

Here's the real cloner. It's done me good so far but I'm on the third batch of clones with no cleaning so am definitely pressing my luck. Four GDP and Six M. kush.

Last edited:

HairlessCaveApe

Far out Zizu! Yer lookin good! Keep Your eyes on your hoses for a while till you know they aint gonna blow off. And gimme a yell if I can help Ya with anything! Blessins Brudda!

Zizu

Thanks HCA! I had a couple of blow outs in the first few minutes but that was from an overtightened hose clamp. I think this highpressure pvc tubing is the way to go! The roots have started taking off and I think the tops will soon follow.

It's GO time! I'll try to throw out some more shots later.

Zizu

So I got some good work in on the cab today! Temps have been pretty good(don't have a thermometer yet) but I am a little concerned about the plants getting closer to the lights during flower so have been meaning to install a cooltube. I whipped one up today with a bake-a-round and it works like a charm! Kinda makes me wish for a watercooled one to play with. I took some shots but they came out terribly so I'll try again next light time. I used a door hinge split in half and it worked great!

Plant progress! I switched to 12/12 today. I have 8 plants in my cab right now and know that there isn't enough room. I'm gonna set up a scrog screen soon but I only have 1ft x4ft to work in. I'm thinking about cutting myself down to 4 plants.... Not quite sure yet. Any thoughts?? Here's what it looks like now.

Heres what it looked like a week ago.

I had some ph problems in the first couple days but I got those sorted and now they are starting to fly!!!

The roots are looking AWESOME!! Unfortunately my flash wasn't cooperating so I couldn't get some shots.

I also redid the scrubber so she can breathe better and it's doing great.

HairlessCaveApe

Sweet Zizu! Really really nice! I shure do think Ya autta cull 4. Cull 4 and mabey just run one root chamber. Youl still prolly do round bout .5 Lb. You could get better then 2 oz from each Flower easy. Alot of it depends on how they are when they go into flower. Good roots and healthy veg growth makes nice Flowers! - Mabey You can run just one root chamber with 4 Flowers in it and the 400hps rite over it. Lst them GOOD. You can be real agressive with lst. Run another 400 over the other root chamber when You can work out the coolin but for now I'd just run one root chamber with 4 Flowers in it with the 400 rite over it. Youl be real impressed with the way they grow. Theyr gonna get massive on Ya! --Fukkin incredible! 9:00 o clock and the sun busts out and my Flowers lights come on too!

Zizu

Thanks for the run down HCA! I had some developments yesterday. Of the 8 plants I had, one was a GDP clone another was a M.Kush clone. The remaining 6 were clones off a GrahamCracker plant grown from a seed.

So I'm sure you guys can guess what happened??

She's a he. So I pulled all of them. I had some other GDP and M.kush clones that just popped some roots about 3 days ago. Not quite ready to be throw under a HID but you only live once! They got knocked down a bit but are starting to throw out some larger roots in the aero system!

So folks I threw them straight into 12/12, I think I may try to run 6 plants as they are all soo small.

HCA! I like your 400 a chamber policy. This system is kinda a test, I set it up to be completely expandable so that I could add more cabinets or someday when I have a bigger house set up a full room. Hell yeah!

Zizu

Sorry! Longtime no updatey. Since I threw those clones straight into 12/12 they have been having a rough time, but finally have a root system going. The one GDP clone that was established and had some time to veg is looking beautiful. This is just a shakedown runs so it'll be good to see how this one yields. The GDP should do good but the others will be destined to be small colas for the rest of their days. Oh yeah I set up a ghetto scrog as well, I'll try to take some shots later this evening at lights out.

Zizu

Hello all! Sorry I have let this thread pretty much die...... I harvested and got some nice medicine from the GDP and M. Kush. I switched things around for the next run and set up a wire cage SCROG. I'm gonna be running the following:

Chem4
Casey Jones
The white
Snowdog
Sour O.G.
M.T.
GDP
M. Kush

I'm contemplating making some fem seeds.

Zizu

Heres some pics, the middle container is the GDP and the other 3 are M.kush.

Sorry their kinda out of focus but i'm havin some troubles with the camera.
picture.php
picture.php

Attachments

• PICT0069.jpg
    PICT0069.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PICT0070.jpg
    PICT0070.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Zizu

Thanks! I've built all types of hydro systems and this high pressure aero is the easiest to run~ No media, fast growth rates.

I love it!

G

Just wanted to stop by and say whats up , movin to SC soon so maybe we can blaze on the beach sometime soon.

Zizu

Hell yeah! I don't leave my town often but I'm going up there on fri/sat for a surf contest. Hit me up when you move in or if you need anything at all.

Me2

Nice work on the aero setup..a quality job.
Did you get around to the accumulator tank upgrade or is it still running on the pump?

Zizu

I hooked up the accumulator tank but ended up switching pumps to a lower volume model that used different tubing but is nearly silent which rocks! I'm planning on hooking the tank back up in the next couple weeks.

Heres some shots of the girls.

Attachments

• Vertshot.jpg
    Vertshot.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Canopy2.jpg
    Canopy2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 12
  • MAc1.jpg
    MAc1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Mac2.jpg