What's new

zissner vs elastomeric paint?

little-soldier

Hello fellow ICMAGERS,

after doing so research on how to prevent mold from growing in my sealed room with sometimes 70% humidity. I fell upon 2 products.
zissner primer and elastomeric roofer paint. Any advice as to which one I should pick?
Thanks

Oysters

There are mold and mildew additives that can be mixed into any paint you want as well as M&M paints and primers that already have the additive included. I would go either one of those routes. Elastomeric paints are more for surfaces that experience expansion and contraction from heat - like a metal roof. White flat paint is most frequently recommended for grow rooms.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Flat white is technically the most reflective. That's important if you use a wall as a reflector. We have to look at compromises though, for reasons like, keeping the walls clean. A vinyl kitchen&bathroom paint will take steam and allow you to clean them down with sprays occasionally. Mould inhibitors, perhaps.

I have one zissner undercoat here. Unused as the H&S requirements suggest it's deadly.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i painted the insides of all my DIY cabs with elastomeric paint that i thinned with flat white primer.

...both of these served for years with zero problems and zero mold.

...my old bloombox.

004.jpg

004.jpg

...my old mother box

004.jpg

004.jpg

RockinRobot

Many people use Kilz primer in white. No need for a topcoat.

On a side note hopefully yo don't have 70% humidity during lights off as that is when you get mold/mildew. High humidity during lights on won't hurt but mold and mildew like dark and damp so try to keep humidity below 50% during lights out or your plants will mold long before your walls.

Latest posts

Latest posts