What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

Mountainkush

MK- she looks rather developed for only 8 weeks? What kind of time frame are thinking she’ll go? 11/12 weeks?

Thanks OZZ
Last pic was just past 9 weeks and she’s been slowly and steadily flowering for the last 6 weeks making what looks like some very solid nuggets. Not sure on a time frame for this one but it’s showing no signs of slowing down.
The other one I grew I cut down around 13-14 weeks and was still pushing pistils

RED 1

Beautiful Red1. Very nice.

Excellent plants guys. Looking forward to running some of these one day.

MK- she looks rather developed for only 8 weeks? What kind of time frame are thinking she’ll go? 11/12 weeks?

Thank you OZZ
When looking for trip weed, there's an A to Z route I suppose you have to take.I went direct to Z with KA5H :)
A is so so so nice

Thesearch

Hey! Does anybody know if it is common for zamaldelica to bleed sap? I have maybe 4 that seem to be beading up sap in several places around their stems. Curious if this is normal or maybe caused by a pest or something? I have been allowing them to dry out to the max before watering, that may be a factor.

RED 1

Zamamldelica #2
Pistils show female, growing healthy

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_041843.jpg
    IMG_20200806_041843.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200806_041806.jpg
    IMG_20200806_041806.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 20

RED 1

Zam #3 in soil
Trying to LST her out of a squeeze

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_053423.jpg
    IMG_20200806_053423.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200806_053611.jpg
    IMG_20200806_053611.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 21

RED 1

Zamaldelica #2 with pistils showing everywhere
She had the "mites',showered her down 2/3 times(soap/water),all good
Her first 'light" nutrient feed/fix after treatment,turned her slightly blueish.Will fade away

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_045422.jpg
    IMG_20200808_045422.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200808_045359.jpg
    IMG_20200808_045359.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200808_045443.jpg
    IMG_20200808_045443.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 19

ColaCalyx

zam update

zam update

Update from post #3138 Everything in Cali has been flowering early this year. Zamaldelica will probably be the last to finish. She's really spreading out now, and looks like I'll have plenty of flowers!!

Attachments

• 20200808_100601.jpg
    20200808_100601.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200808_100534.jpg
    20200808_100534.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

gladysvjubb

Veteran
My most mature Zami has 8 colas. The largest is 22 inches long and about 4 inches wide. Started feeding her molasses today, 3 gallons to run off.

Mountainkush

Almost 11 weeks in these pics and finally slowing down. I’m starting plain water for her now at about 11.5 weeks. Still has the same sweet, spicy scent but I have picked up some fruity terps here and there.
Been experiencing some high temps and she hasn’t been the happiest but nothing I can do unfortunately.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Grover Sativa

Hi all Zamaldelica lovers!

I thought I would see what happens with Zamaldelica in the UK. Probably a stupid thing to do but you never know...

In the end I had 4 females, which I by-handed into a dark place at night to give them a 12.5-13 hour dark period each night.

It worked and they did seem to start to flower.

I put them into about 30 litres of organic compost each. I would have chosen larger pots but had to lift those muthafuckers each night and I am not Mr Universe! I used a compost extract to feed them with each water but no fertiliser or chemicals like that.

Unfortunately 1 threw out a fair number of male parts really early on so I culled it.

From the other 3, I think I was lucky because I seemed to get 1 plant from each group (Zamal, Thai and Malawi) or at least I got 3 plants from distinctly different phenotypes. I have never grown Zamaldelica before so don't really know about the different phenotypes in there. The plants did seem to correspond, though...

The first plant was the wildest expression of cannabis I have grown in a while. Not quite jungli but really wild. Very interesting to grow. There were very very silver flowers in amongst very green leaves. The plant seemed to flower with leaves and flowers. This may have been that it hated me or the weather, which for this girl was pretty cloudy and not so hot but may just have been how she was.. She was harvested a few weeks back and so missed this glorious weather we are enjoying here in parts of England now.. The flowers themselves did not form clusters but small 'runs' of very very silver calyxs within 'cobs' of fine, bright green, leaves. The smell was sweet, spicy and fairly delicate. Like grated parsnips. This, in my mind, is the Zamal phenotype. Delicate, wild flowers on a shorter, wider frame and quicker than the other 2.

The second plant has huge colas with fat dark orange pistils and has a slightly 'skunk' look about it's flowers (well, 'skunky' in the context of Zamaldelica, anyway.) It has the chunkiest look about its flowers and flowers clusters. It also has the lightest aromas. Maybe a bit like light tobacco but with a slight lawn smell. It's colas and large and woolly. This must be a Malawi leaner.

The last plant and my favourite from very early on has much more delicate buds than number 2 but actual buds not like number 1. The buds themselves have the best flower to leaf ratio by a long long way. From the start, this plant had a much more 'super tropical' feel to it. It was stretchy and bendy and think leaved and felt very much like a tame Thai. The flowers are beautiful, actually, to me. Much smaller than number 2 but much larger than a straight up Thai plant. the smells are easily the best of the 3 plants. Easily. The aromas are actually very similar to a Mangobiche. Not ripe orange mango at all but 'green' mango - a greener and grassier sweet and spicy mango/carrot situation. Carrot but with just a touch of lemon - so more mango... It is not a penetrating smell, like Violeta or a very aromatic, sweet vanilla 'perfume' like the Panama but a fragrance. The whole plant, it's structure, it's attitude, it's way, it's flowers, leaves and aromas and resins feel somewhat tropical. It must be a Thai phenotype. It is a fucking fantastic plant to grow. I do really love it.

I hit both the Malawi and the Thai (well, in my head - dubs will soon put me right!!) phenotypes with pollen from a really impressive Bangi Haze male. I did think that I may need to plant a lot more seeds to find him but struck lucky within the first 10. He had a noticeably better structure than all the other males. Good, strong stem and branches that could hold a decent yield, with angles I liked. It was more vigorous and smelly than all of the others, too.
The only other male that came into consideration also stank and was a nice plant, too but the smell of number 1 was sweet and floral, the smell of number 2 was caramel sweet and with something like onion - it smelt like fried onions! I went with sweet and floral. In truth, the one I went for was 10% better in every respect anyway (other than aroma strength and onioniness..)

Here are some photos of the pheno I think is Malawi. I tried to take photos of the seeds swelling - I hope you can make them out in the last photo

RED 1

Zamaldelica #2
Sweet Mango all the way

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_032429.jpg
    IMG_20200813_032429.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200813_032444.jpg
    IMG_20200813_032444.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 18

Bardo Eagle

Hi Dubi I see that zamaldelica is out of stock in your official site,you have plans to restock in immediate future (early 2021)? News about lineage? Thanks :headbange

BigSaxDog

just started 6 beans ..... 24hr soak, then coco pellets ....4 broke the ground runnin' in less than 2 days ..... that's a record for me ..... i think i'm gonna like these .....