What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica x tuna god potting up and to be continued

thedudefresco

Click this Video link to check it out.

Anyways will be updating. Used an air pruning pot "rootbuilder pot" and transplanted into a fabric 45 Gallon.

It’s larger now and will update with some trimming etc pretty soon!

Soil Mix is a 1:1:1 Peat Perlite Compost mix with some goodies thrown in (charcoal, bark, and worm casting)

Feeding with granular 444 fertilizer.

Last edited:

goingrey

Interesting cross!

Video must be some hot stuff, wants me to confirm my age. How about some still images?

thedudefresco

Interesting cross!

Video must be some hot stuff, wants me to confirm my age. How about some still images?
IMG_1035.jpeg

thedudefresco

I have three other sister seeds with the same genetics growing currently, but this one was grown using Dr. Carl Whitcomb's "Rootmaker system" which utilizes progressively larger air pruning pots. The system was developed for commercial Tree production; and I've used them to start some seedlings of ornamental trees and decided to try it out with herb. Stem Caliper size is considerably larger on this plant than the others which were planted at the same time. Heres a video about that system for anyone interested:

These pots are similar to airpots, but I'm pretty sure they have been around longer.
1688078805092.png

thedudefresco

Episode 4 has been published

Also an update photo! This is one of 5 plants I'm growing this year and the other 4 are all seeds popped from the same mom. It looks like one of those 5 has strong traits of the zamaldelica mother such as thin leaves, fruity smell, and open structure.

I have another plant going with leaves like this one in the fabric pot, only with longer internode spacing. The smells are subtly different with one of them being a bit gassy. We will have to see how the nose is a bit later on, but shouldn't be tooo long now.

Cheers
1689535399872.png

Latest posts

Latest posts