What's new

ZAMAL

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
alaeddin said:
Are those the GN Zamal? They look great, how were they? And how long did they take to finnish?

Yes they are GN zamal grown at 37ºN.

You can read the detailed descrption in the previous page. Taste was mediocre but high was very powerful and energetic.

They finished between mid December-January outdoors.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
zamal lemon

zamal lemon

Here's one of the first zamal hybrids we did.

Lemon is a french outdoor strain that came from Ying Yang ( a french friend). Lemon finished at mid october producing high yields of lemony aroma. The high is a pleasant head/body equilibrated effect. Great weed to enjoy her lemony aromas.

We stressed a lemon female with lack of light. She produced a few balls and pollinated a few zamal females.
We grew the seeds later and they were all femenized.

Maybe it's not the best way to do femenized seeds but it worked for us :chin: (little homegrown experiment, not for seed commercial production).

Sure, if the hybrid would be stressed with lack of light, then some parents would show some hermie tendencies, but they were all grown outdoors and they flowered perfectly, 100 % female.

The lemon influence reduced the size and flowering time of zamal lemon hybrid. Plants had the great outdoor adaptability, high heat resistance and good branching of the zamal but zamal lemon females finished between late October/Early December (1.5 mounths earlier than pure zamal).

Zamal lemon colas were long and dense and not leafy like pure zamal. They had a strong sativa aroma similar to a thai: spicy, sour and lemony.

The best thing was the high. It was an overpowering accelerated, psychedelic, disorienting crazy high.

I remember walking with a friend in the city, totally disoriented. We were walking in streets we know since we are children but we almost coudnt recognize them. It looked like a different place or city for us. We neither knew what we were doing or going, walking without direction around the old streets of my city.

Zamal lemon produced one of the closest experience to LSD i've had smoking cannabis.

Here are pics of 2 zamal lemon we grew 3-4 years ago guerrilla style. They were planted in soil in May. They grew all summer reciving only one watering each 2 weeks and resisting temps between 25ºC-40ºC without rains.

They resisted very nice showing good health. Here are the zamal lemon vegging!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
zamal lemon flowering

zamal lemon flowering

zamal lemon starting to flowering ....

finishing .....

finished dried flowers :yummy:

alaeddin

Looks and sounds great. Any plans for seeds for release any time? I'd like to give them a try, their finnishing time is very suitable compared to the description of the high you give. I'm at 41 and it hasn't even forozen yet but this is an exceptional year.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High alaeddin!

There are no plans to release zamal lemon. We sadly didnt save clones and all the seed was grown guerrilla style! Indeed, they finished at 37ºN without problems.

It was a hybrid test to try zamal dominances. Im only trying to show the huge zamal breeding potential, specially for her outdoor vigour and electric high.

When creating a good zamal hybrid, i'd choose a electric zamal female with certain positive aromas (spicy details, i'd personally avoid the earthiest/woodiest tastes). Then pollinate her with an early flowering high flower/leaf and aromatic sativa or at least ind/sat hybrid. A pure indica father would fuck the zamal electric essence in the hybrid.

Gerrit used a Warlock father (which is indeed very very aromatic and good flower/leaf ratio skunk/afghani inbred line) for his zamal x warlock hybrid.
Ive smoked some zamal warlock outdoors finished product here and they can be compared in aroma (hazyness) and potency with the best dutch skunk haze hybrid (jack, ssh to name a few ...).

A zamal crossed with another electric african (angolese, malawi, ethiopian ...) can produced terrorifics F1 sativa hybrids. A thai or other SE asian sativa are warm compared with some african sativas hehehehe

Last edited:
G

Hi Dubi

Those outdoor zamals are beautiful. I have two Zamal x nevs Haze ladies about 14 weeks into flowering indoors at the moment, one Zamal pheno, one Haze pheno. They are both among the best (probably the best) pure sativas I've ever grown. In terms of resin production, bud size and density (for a sativa) plus ease of growth, they are just superb. Being feminised I didn't have a male, so I'm going to try to reveg both of them after harvest. I lightly pollinated a lower branch on each with my trusty Colombian Gold male so I will at least have some hybrids to play with. Just wish I could grow some pure sativa bushes outdoors, but at 53N my season is far too short and guerilla is highly problematic here due to the bad soil and mould problems.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day British_Hempire!

A zamal haze hybrid is a challenge for an indoor grower! Im glad she's giving you the expected high.

A zamal haze hybrid would only show her true potential in high and yield terms when flowered for at least 20 weeks under a tropical sun.

EpheDrone25

WOW nice! That zamal Looks just like the Sinai sativa we grew out ! amazing the resemblance with african sativas! Dubi have you messed with sinai genetics? I have a few beans,The man that gave me said they are madagascar sativaXSinai haze?! AHH the paranoia!

Peace

spicecowboy

Very nice plants everyone!

I have one single feminized ZamalXSpecial Skunk growing indoors at the moment, and I can tell you this is a real challange!

Gonna post a few pictures here on IC soon.

This one is what I call a 100% Sativa looking christmas tree, no Skunk detectable in this pheno.

I bent her over today, because otherwise she would get completely out of control.

Peace,

spice

zamalito

Veteran
Here's some of my zamals. I've never seen many herm tendencies among zamal females or high female to male ratios among zamals. I have noticed that some males will produce a few female flowers.

Pure Zamal

10749P1010339-med.JPG

10749P1010340-med.JPG

Zamal X Parvati

10749P1010424-med.JPG

10749100_1427-med.JPG

10749100_1424-med.JPG

10749100_1423-med.JPG

10749100_1421-med.JPG

Syd

ICMag Donor
Very nice. Are you (both Zamalito and Dubi) keepin'on working on Zamals to release some new hybrids ?

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Great thread :smile: I'm waiting for some zamal x nevils haze and zamal x skunk special to come, as we speak :woohoo:

A good friend of mine has been to la reunion a few times and always raved about the local buds there, so i had to buy some beans ;)

Keep us posted zamalito and dubi :wave:

zamalito

Veteran
I will definitely keep everyone posted on my zamal projects. For the time being the pure line needs to be made available once again.

G

The Zamal x Neville's Haze I grew were beatiful, the Haze pheno is the better yielder and grows lovely long colas, but the Zamal pheno was my keeper, really insane side branching and had lots of small buds all over the place, absolutely mind melting electric high.

Gerrit from Magus gifted my some Zamal x Warlock beans last week so I'm looking forward to making them my next grow and making F2s and further, selecting for the Zamal phenos.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never grown zamal,, yet always wanted to when time n space allowed,, really interesting to learn that 'Zamal' is a generic term, not a specific cultigen... so we just snatched back some Zamal x Paravati [c/o Zamalito] from I's brethrens seed bank to be playing with :canabis:

onwards n upwards :D

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've got 15-20 Zamal in the fridge cheers gypsy :rasta: ,just need the time and space to grow em out,i should be starting them around march fingers crossed.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Fingers crossed indeed mat :yes:

So you are doing an indoor grow with them? It would be very nice to see how she perfomes under artificial lighting..

Are you going to pop the whole lot at a time, or just grow couple invidituals?

I think I have to acquire one packet from GN soon, or maybe I grow some Zamal hybrids before doing that. I kind soul has offered me several crosses with Zamal in them :woohoo:

Still...

I think I have to add more lighting power aside my 250 hps, before even poppin them :biglaugh:

Charles-scott

Veteran
I am aware this is a very old thread but was wondering if anyone else has worked with

Zamal Fil Rouge I have had them in the collection for about 10-12 years and they turned out fantastic in Jamaica where I made some f-1 hybrids with Pakistani and Afghani plants I am now back in Jamaica and I am going to continue working the Line.​

Zamal Fil Rouge are huge prolific Sativa that got 7-9' under the equatorial photoperiod with strong branching and were very resistant to mould and pests similar flavour to Malawi with amazing potency, The flowers as the was suggested have thick red pistols much like the Congolese but the Congolese were far more compact and lacked the amazing vigour of the​

Zamal Fil Rouge , I have one picture of a big lady one of the few plants grown in a large container in my Jamaican work 5 years ago.​

Any feedback or information would be great I received the seeds from a long-time friend from OZ who had actually done several generations of work on the strain before I received the seeds from him I have since lost contact .

Cheers
CDS

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
A zamal crossed with another electric african (angolese, malawi, ethiopian ...) can produced terrorifics F1 sativa hybrids. A thai or other SE asian sativa are warm compared with some african sativas hehehehe

really? it is warm compared to zamal? wow that.