What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yuba County

redlaser

Veteran
Charnel fucked off the big year long case in yuba. She failed to follow basic california rules of court and file basic responses within the deadlines. She is upsetting many people here and in butte. Turns out other lawyers have said she has a long tme standing record of doing similar things. I would highly advise not wasting your money there.

If a warrant iS served inspect it. Make sure the name and address is correct and it's actually signed by a judge. The locations to be searched can not be vague and omnipresent. They need to specify atleast structures or vehicles. It can't just say "the whole property." Video tape everything, you have that right. Unless yur in handcuffs they can't legal stop you.

Sounds like she is too busy or doesn't really care about her clients, worst kind of help you can get. Is it too late to replace her?
Wish I had a good area lawyer to recommend, maybe have to go out of the area if it will still help.

Thanks for posting your experience with her, nobody wants an ineffective lawyer.

Sunfire

Veteran
Who would you recommend then for an attorney?

Trying to be lazy, if you open the attachment in a new window it's higher quality and can zoom if needed.

Here's two recommendations in attached screen shot

Lots of people from butte calling us and freaking out too. I think charnel is tanking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-06-21-47-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-06-21-47-23.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 28

TriSierra

I think the logic in Measure L passing would be only 14,000 voters turned out for the June primary election (less than half the voters in Yuba), which were primarily conservative voters. Historically during presidential elections a far greater number of voters turn out; Yuba could see as many as 22,000 voters (20,000 participated in the 2012 presidential election), most of the additional voters would be less conservative, less fanatical voters.

Hard to say what way the vote will swing as Yuba is historically a conservative county. What's weird about the November primary is that over 20% of the voters didn't vote on a presidential primary candidate, but still voted on Measure A & B.

Since the vast majority of voting takes places via mail-in-ballots which begin getting counted 10 days before the election date, I'm guessing the county has a pretty good idea of how the outcome already looks.

TheOutlawTree

Organic p- careful with Calaveras.. there is just as many anti cannabis freaks over there as any other ban county. They are trying to get a ban on the ballot in Calaveras for march.

I personally don't see how Calaveras would not allow grows though after that huge fire and the way they welcomed it last year with regulation but you never know. I'm also looking at real estate there but I feel like I'm gambling doing it. The tax measure passed which is great, it will let them see how much money they can make for once and hopefully solidify a future.

Placer is going to pass the most restrictive ordinance in the state. Banned outdoor and only 50sq ft indoors. They also want 500$ per plant in fines for first three days and 1k per plant after that if there still standing. There also going to nail people with 5k code violations and they have said that marijuana grows are code enforcements new priority. When one of the supes asked the head of code enforcement what he would do if they saw someone dumping sewage in a creek but than saw a couple cannabis plants up ahead on someone else's land the guy said he would move to the cannabis first and foremost. 850k is about to come out of the general fund for overtime choppers and extra code enforcement officers next season in placer.

furrywall11

Hear ya TOT--Placer county was the place to go last season--I know people who setup thinking they were all good only to have that ban put in place in mid-June...'course they didn't quite have funding setup yet so I bet a lot of folks got by. I left Nevada county in 2014 because the writing on the wall was they were about to crack down hard...In Yuba I had one amazing season, one paranoid season and, opted to do nothing this year. All the while my homies from Nevada county rocked out even this season without hassles. Personally, even if I could get a place in the Triangle I'm done betting on corrupt policy makers. It's time for something new. Maybe one of these newly minted med states? Still, it'd probably be only a matter of a season before the new place tried to eradicate this cottage industry of ours.

There are glimmers of hope and things to do..but, it's no longer a matter of scanning through the norml website looking for a place to setup your smart pots. Three years ago I started having conversations with friends about what we would all do in the post medical cannabis economy in the form that it had taken. We're going to have to step up our game in so many ways, be creative, and work hard. It's about doing something you love and doing it well.

Around four seasons ago one of my Israeli trimmers told me his plan to use his connections back home to start a shop in Costa Rica selling holy relics containing small ampules of blessed water from the River Jordan. A couple of days ago I saw him on cable access repping his shop. lol...time to get creative.

Last edited:

Joe's Garage

Calaveras Prospects

Calaveras Prospects

FYI there is a moratorium in place in Calaveras for any commercial grows (anything over 200 sq ft). Measure D, a comprehensive regulation initiative failed but a tax ,Measure C passed.

Our future Board of Supervisors just had 4 turnovers, 3 of which have expressed strong anti-cannabis views, and the only remaining member from this year was the lone vote not to regulate. So essentially 4 to 1 anti cannabis. In February the board will review our current urgency ordinance that regulated cannabis production, and also provides the moratorium, and choose whether or not to renew it... or Institute a ban.

TOT is also correct that a citizens petition to ban any cannabis production over 3 plants indoors in a 10x10 will be on the ballot next year after being certified by the elections department... or could be adopted outright by the BOS next year if they so chose. They claim to have 5000 signatures currently and only need 3000 and change... they have till the end of the year to submit.

Even if the board or the voters allow regulation to continue, the chances of increasing the number of commercial grows( 734 registered when they expected 200 to 300) is very slim. If you are a patient looking to do 200 sq ft or less I don't see too many problems as long as a ban is not enacted.

Not trying to dissuade anyone but purchasing real Estate in Calaveras or making significant investment into an operation is a very high risk gamble currently. We should know our fate by the middle of 2017 or earlier hopefully. Hope this sheds some light.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Yeah I hope this shit gets straightened out asap, ill give it a couple monthes to see. But so far, yesterday santa cruz banned anything over 10x10..

Now 24plants is looking like a good bet lol, theres a few counties where you can pay to play, lake anything over 20 acres can do 48plants..

And there aint shit for sale in the triangle..

theJointedOne

Veteran
Butte county rejected measure L, but they still allow 150sq ft of canopy per recc of those living on property. So if you have 3 reccs, you could setup 450sq ft of canopy, which is a decent little dep scene, two 7x30 beds, which if dialed could do 1/2lb per ft length so 30 lbs each harvest on average at least. 3 harvest per season is about 90 packs. Not huge but not horrible.

Or just say fk it and plant 99+

TheOutlawTree

There is stuff for sale in triangle but prices are skyrocketing

I know people growing in Shasta county that still havent had any problems and theres been a ban for like 4 years at this point i think. I've heard that most people arent having any major problems in nevada county either... lots of people still rocking 99 and havent been visited.... all complaint driven though.

I thought calavera's was a poor county? Isnt it blown up almost like the triangle at this point / massive grows? I have got to imagine there is no way they could afford to start chopping growers over there when theres so many of them. Its getting to the point where we must choose which county is the best to grow even with a ban. Strength in numbers. Throw everything in big greenhouses so they cant see em to begin with, you know theres going to be alot of dumbies just growing full season on small acreage that will get chopped first

Edit- Anyone know if lake co needs a house on the 20 acre lot to grow your 48 or can you grow on bare land?

Last edited:

Joe's Garage

We have had quite the influx in Calaveras in the last several years and definitely some large operations. You are also correct that Calaveras is a poor county... at least until the registration program for commercial cultivation brought in 3.7 million in funds that hired 9 new sheriff deputies and employees, 3 new code enforcement officers, vehicles for both and a plethora of other equipment for enforcement. There have been some very high profile busts here this season... some registered some not. Big fish and complaint driven first of course but by this spring... ban or no ban they will be at full staff with the Sheriff's dept. If the tax is collected next year I would assume law enforcement will get the Lions share of that money as well. Definitely tumultuous times.

QUOTE=TheOutlawTree;7706264]There is stuff for sale in triangle but prices are skyrocketing

I know people growing in Shasta county that still havent had any problems and theres been a ban for like 4 years at this point i think. I've heard that most people arent having any major problems in nevada county either... lots of people still rocking 99 and havent been visited.... all complaint driven though.

I thought calavera's was a poor county? Isnt it blown up almost like the triangle at this point / massive grows? I have got to imagine there is no way they could afford to start chopping growers over there when theres so many of them. Its getting to the point where we must choose which county is the best to grow even with a ban. Strength in numbers. Throw everything in big greenhouses so they cant see em to begin with, you know theres going to be alot of dumbies just growing full season on small acreage that will get chopped first

Edit- Anyone know if lake co needs a house on the 20 acre lot to grow your 48 or can you grow on bare land?[/QUOTE]

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
First, Shasta Co IS NOT free and easy. Code enforcement is still running hot and heavy, even into Nov and it's been that way for several years. You guys need to do some research. The 45 day emergency ban is the tool of the day for cities and towns to put a hold on things until...actually the 45 day, if need be can be extended for 2 years...

Look around...over 50 cities and towns have signed on for the 45 day ban...Each city will tell you they need time to consider the 64 but the truth is, they do the 45 day emergency ban cause everyone else is doing it...Kinda one of them -"ban em all and let God sort it out type things...Yea, that 64 thing was a good deal wasn't it...? Hosed again, stoopid Californians...

Note - There's usually a big difference between - What you hear and how it really is ...cc