What's new

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

Americangrower

Veteran
some I have grown that sucked were (keep in mind this is only 1 pack of seeds)
Fed Romulan
Chronic
Jillybean
Agent orange
Blockhead
White russian

I'm sure theres plenty more but thats just off the top of my head

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Jillybean and Agent Orange were two strains I was considering trying. Could you say why they sucked enough to make this thread?

G

This is a great thread and wish it was more current. Few years and pages back the point of small growers compared to folks who grow say 10 at a time and the small guy doing just a couple plants is a big factor for me.
I'm a newer personal grower as of about a year ago. My first ever was a Blue Dream seed from a old time grower in BC Dr Atomic and it's my bad for buying reg seeds. Both went balls out. Start over. Another attempt with a Humbolt area strain that I dicked up. Got product but it was shit and MY fault. Last one was a widow from GHS and turned out decent but I chopped a week early at least. Got a nice mid range smoke from one plant and butter product from the other.
Now I'm doing SLH from GHS and have two plants that are totally diff phenos
I am not in a legal area so my options are limited. In week 6 and have learned patience and less is more feeding and have another 3 weeks at least.

My point is it seems like some of the fresher breeders seem to have more overall good feedback because they have good genes.
I just got a pack of fem seeds from (and I won't spell name right so they don't show in THIS thread) kainardoh and I'm looking forward to trying them in the near future.
Not every pack of seeds has all winners but for guys like me I'm looking for the highest chance of a couple plants being close to what is advertised.

Americangrower

Veteran
Jillybean and Agent Orange were two strains I was considering trying. Could you say why they sucked enough to make this thread?

Sure I can. In fairness I didn't grow them from seed they were Subs moms.
They both have very good taste but the high is weak as shit. I guess some would call it a daytime smoke, I call it wasted garden space.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Thanks for that, Americangrower.

Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse was a big winner for me. Not the highest yielder, but yeowww, nice high!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The GreenHouse - SLH makes for nice breeding stock to get genuine lemon smells and tastes in F1 hybrid crosses.

Super Lemon Glaze = SLH x GG#4(r)

picture.php

picture.php

Ready4

Veteran

Had the opposite happen to me with Agent Orange. Damn good smoke, very potent & tasty. Good sativa & indica mix, maybe not as strong as say, Casey Jones,but damn good
Also Vortex was very, very potent.
A friend runs Jillybean, he loves it- it is pretty damn good too imo.

yts farmer

Veteran
I've grown out many a pack of seeds over the years from lots of different breeders and only found bunk phenos from a whole pack, i just look at it like i was unlucky so i wouldn't like to run them down about that.

Reserve privada Apollo 13 indica £65 ish, a whole packet
Of males.

Mr nice. Shark shock, medicine man £120 ish. Pack of each zero germination.

On the flip side after contacting shanti over at his site as he was traveling after about 3 months i received a package in the mail with 1 pack of shark shock a pack of shit and a pack of early queen with a note from the man himself offering his apologies on the non germination and also saying sorry that med man was out of stock and would be for sometime and would i accept the other 2 packs as replacement for the med man.

At the time there was no black widow or white rhino in stock either, so was just grateful shanti did what he did, very few if any would.

Cali connection ogiesel. Bought a pack of these from another site when swerve was receiving shit loads of hype, he was basicly the rez dog of that site.

Paid approx £70 for his seeds and they basicly auto'd in veg period. But i wasn't the only one.

Went online and there was a thread open about plants autoing in veg and i think he may have had other issues with another strain herming, he offers his apologies and said he would make it right. All affected people needed to take a pic of the pack of seeds and post it in the thread, luckily i still had the packaging but not at home with me and the pc.

i took a chill attitude to it as swerve had a breeder forum over there as at the time he had a similar deal like rez as his seeds were only available online through them at that time.

By the time i get my pick and go to upload it the thread is 99 pages long and had been closed, swerve hadn't been seen online for a while and general consensus is swerve has done a bunk, from what i understand he made good on some but the majority lost out on that one.

After all these years swerve has 3 or 4 strains i would love to have a crack at, i would never put money in his pocket.

Peace.

Happy Times

Blueberry, not sure if DJ short or DP.

I'm sure there are some great BB phenos out there but the beans my old roomie and I popped back around 2000 were stalky, low yielding, and just a light hay aroma with a hint of blueberry in there.

Manatuska Tundra from Sagarmartha- big solid buds but didn't have the terps or flavor level I like to experience

El Niño (Greenhouse?) - slightly sweet smell with cabbage-like thick crinkled leaves. Again, just somewhat lacking in dankness.

Ready4

Veteran
Blueberry, not sure if DJ short or DP.

I'm sure there are some great BB phenos out there but the beans my old roomie and I popped back around 2000 were stalky, low yielding, and just a light hay aroma with a hint of blueberry in there.

Manatuska Tundra from Sagarmartha- big solid buds but didn't have the terps or flavor level I like to experience

El Niño (Greenhouse?) - slightly sweet smell with cabbage-like thick crinkled leaves. Again, just somewhat lacking in dankness.

El Nino is my personal worst. Paid top $$$$, after "cup win" , Heaven's Stairway.
10 seeds. 9 males. 1 female. Very frosty plant -looked real good, miserable low yield. Ran it 4 times to see if it was my error. Same results each time.
Tasted like dirt. Got you quite high for about 20-30 minutes, then nothing. The idea that I needed to "run a few packs" is total BS, at $350 per pack there should have been at least a couple good plants.
Never will give GHS one cent after that.

jedi5891

I tried Barney's farm Liberty Haze as it was a cup winner and the 5 plants were all garbage.
Weak smell taste and effect.
Also their Critical kush I found the whole pack lame.
Dinafem original Amnesia was also like these with weak aromas and taste from the pack.
What does my head in is when you have nice plants from a certain breeders line and when bought again after you don't get the same quality. This has happened with Dutch passion blueberry. I had some in 2008 which were amazing plants then again around 2012 and they were nothing like the 1st.
Same with Barney's farm Blue cheese, had a 5 pack from 2008/9 which were pukka and then after in 2013/14 which were totally differnt. 1st ones were short stocky stinky sweet blueberry cheese. The 2nd pack stretched like a Haze with tepid cheese smelling small buds.
Sometimes it's proberly bad stock, but most packs of beans I've bought have had some decent representations of the genetics their selling. When the whole pack is rubbish it's very annoying as it's a lot of time and resources wasted. After many years and buying over a hundred strains I've learnt to go with the more select breeders who sit back out the lime light and not to buy into the hype.

Peace

Last edited:

hellfire

Tina Danza - Swamp Boys
$125 to have it hermie at 6 weeks. I wouldn't mind trying a stable cut of it to try it again if I could find one.

Quantum Kush - HGNW.
It deteriorated on me and picked up this weird autoflower trait in 24/0 after 2 or 3 generations. Made it grow like shit, flower improperly, etc. Disappointment because the first round it came out nice and yielded very well. Not a loss because it made it through a few rounds and they're very decently priced to start with.

A romberry f2 cross from now defunct heavens stairway, that was dense foxtails with little brown specs?/ not seeds in it , not smokable had to hash it, only strain to ever do that

rappers delight by sin city seeds, b real og x sour jack, good germination, all phenos short, even with clones and stringy, least potent herb i have grown.

G

growhigh1233

Chimera's frankies Incense haze ....very disappointed with this strain it seemed very indica n fruity and the high was rather weak and muddled, there was allot of hype around it so maybe that accentuated the let down

also grew out his haze x ss at the same time which was truly exceptional so it compared really negative