What's new

Your Right to Protest & Free Speech Has Been Made a Felony

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
That's right boys and girls, the President signed HR 347 last week that establishes "No Free Speech" zones around politicians protected by the Secret Services. If you engage in protests or seek redress for your grievances from the government it is now a felony.

The President also signed an executive order on March 16 giving him the power to decide who gets access to food, water, transportation and energy in the event the President decides to decree an emergency.

This is as twisted as the crap Emperor Palentine pulled in Star Wars.

"All evil needs to prosper is for good men to do nothing."

S

SeaMaiden

And no one's going to pay attention, let alone have anything resembling a real problem with this.

greenpinky

You cant tell me ur going to look for help from the goverment if an emergency. Happens... were fucked it started witth the home land security act. Then maken t.v digital, if they want they can make a hole citysdi sappear. Good luck and ur on ur own.... the goverment only has there best intrests, not urs or mine

It just gets worse & worse, don't it? Nothing the government does surprises me anymore!

Don't mean to go off topic, but the number of militias, and memberships have skyrocketed recently. And you can bet your ass, every damn one of them is infiltrated or under surveillance. So, chances are many of them are going to be shot down like dogs in the street when they take up arms against the government.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
That's a rather stretched interpretation don't you think? Unless the zones are miles wide then you still have the right to protest without being arrested. You still are able to seek redress for grievances. You just can't do it by getting in the politician's face. After what happened to Gabrielle Giffords it's no surprise it wouldn't even surprise me if they call this the "Gabby" law on Capital Hill. The irresponsible exercise of our rights is what gets them limited and rather then blaming the government for addressing a problem we ought to be blaming the nutjobs that try to use our rights inappropriately to futher their personal agendas. We the taxpayers get stuck with the bill to protect these politicians and having a "zone" allows for a fewer number of secret service to secure things.

I know the politicians of our day don't deserve the respect that once went with the offices they hold but we as a people still need to respect the office. Cindy Sheehan is a great example and the need for this bill may even have started because of her. Sure it was tragic that she lost her son in Iraq but her son reenlisted knowing his division would be one of the first to go and on the frontline. He knew the dangers he was facing and his decision to go wasn't based on Bush's reasons for going into Iraq. Yet because his Mom decided the reasons weren't good enough felt she was perfectly justified to go set up a camp of protestors on Bush's front lawn at his home in Texas and call him out. Showing a total lack of respect for the office or consideration for the people in Bush's home town. This sort of thing sets the stage for everyone who isn't satisfied with a politician's answer (which is virtually everyone at some point or another) to think it's perfectly acceptable to get in these people's faces and do thier best to publicly humiliate and/or harm them.

Quite frankly if I wanted to protest a particular politician the last place I'd want to do it is at an event of thiers where they have control of the media and armed security. I'd much rather do it at a place where I'm squarely protected by my constitutional rights, I don't have to worry about armed security or police and if the media happens to show up it will be because of a genuine interest in the message of the protest rather then hoping for a conflict with the politician being protested.

As for the executive order well if it comes down to that dire a state of emergency I'm not going to be wanting what the government hands out. After seeing things like FEMA trailers do you really want to trust FEMA food? Besides, executive orders typically only last as long as the president who sign's them stays in office. The Republican's have already made it clear they want to waste the first part of their term (if a republican gets elected President) undoing or trying to undo everything Obama has done. So if Obama doesn't get reelected this executive order may never even be put to use.

L

longearedfriend

btw it's emperor palpatine :)

I just watched videos about what's happening the states (detroit, alabama) in my macro-economics class

that's some serious shit, every single person in the us should be concerned

my heart goes out to you people, some parts of the us are starting to ressemble third world countries

schwilly

my heart goes out to you people, some parts of the us are starting to ressemble third world countries

i've been involved in some pretty shady deals in the unlit night streets of central american slums

i would not dare step foot in east detroit in broad daylight

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
The irresponsible exercise of our rights is what gets them limited

No... Wrong, wrong and WRONG!

There is no such thing as an "Irresponsible Exercising" of your rights. You're either violating someone's rights or you aren't. That's it.

Your thinking is a product of the mainstream bullshit. Probably time to turn off your tv, radio and newspapers/magazines for a year or so.

This is just more of the same anyway... We live in a modern Gestapo, get used to it.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: (This means buying your ammo in cash and in small lots)

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
So I guess what they are saying is "Less talk, more action". Right?
It's coming.

S

SeaMaiden

No... Wrong, wrong and WRONG!

There is no such thing as an "Irresponsible Exercising" of your rights. You're either violating someone's rights or you aren't. That's it.

Your thinking is a product of the mainstream bullshit. Probably time to turn off your tv, radio and newspapers/magazines for a year or so.

This is just more of the same anyway... We live in a modern Gestapo, get used to it.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: (This means buying your ammo in cash and in small lots)

I can dig what HempKat's puttin' down as far as calling it an irresponsible exercising of rights. I'm going to use the current cultivation ban in my county as an example, because the board of supervisors is declaring outdoor cannabis cultivation a per se nuisance.

They are making the argument that public 'safety' (liberties, health, ability to enjoy their property) and rights are automatically impinged upon when ANYONE cultivates cannabis outdoors.

Now, is this due to people like myself who fence their grow and ensure it's not too close to our neighbors, nor invites criminal activity? Or is it due to people who grow collectively/cooperatively, on land they either don't own or don't have a physical residence on (septic & waste issues), doing large grows that everyone nearby knows about at least due to the smell? And I think we can include the guerilla and squatter grows in this, there's been a lot of discussion about those in these meetings I've been attending. Ranchers ain't diggin' finding tents and crap on their land.

I think it's due to the latter. And here's the thing--they're simply exercising their rights, as afforded them by state law. Are they exercising their rights mindfully? Perhaps, perhaps not. I personally have an issue with the whole per se nuisance issue, this isn't like junk cars, nor is OD cultivation going to automatically mean lack of septic & waste disposal, etc.

And then I can use the example of voting as an irresponsible exercising of one's rights. All too often people continually vote in incumbents, vote on ballot measures based SOLELY on television and radio advertising, and do absolutely zero research on a given measure or candidate when preparing to vote.

That's being irresponsible about what is currently referred to as a right (voting). I personally feel it's a duty, like serving on a jury, but that's my own thing.

Last edited:

ghostnugz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've been involved in some pretty shady deals in the unlit night streets of central american slums

i would not dare step foot in east detroit in broad daylight

lol im moving back home to detroit next month, most likely the eastside. its all good as long as you dont look/act like youre from the burbs.

Snoopster

Veteran
Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss.

It doesn't matter who you vote for, they are all bought and paid for.
Look at Obama's flip flop on medical marijuana. When he came into office he said, "Don't worry, you guys in med states are fine."

Then the pharmaceutical industry reminds him that they own his ass and he flip flops.

FEMA, Brownie and Bush made it pretty clear that we can not rely on our government to take care of us in times of crisis. Presidents never cede power, as evidenced by Obama resigning the unconstitutional Patriot Act. The Patriot Act, designed to go after terrorists has not really been used to go after terrorists.

The government does not care about your health, safety or well being.
Thomas Jefferson would be so pissed at us right now.

I'll be writing in "No One" again.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
“They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. And then they came for me and by that time no one was left to speak up.”Rev. Martin Niemoeller, a Protestant minister in Nazi Germany, in 1945; from “Political Quotations”, Daniel B. Baker, ed.

“The welfare state reduces a citizen to a client, subordinates them to a bureaucrat, and subjects them to rules that are anti- work, anti-family, anti-opportunity and anti-property... Humans forced to suffer under such anti-human rules naturally develop pathologies. The evening news is the natural result of the welfare state.”

“The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else.”
Fredric Bastiat, early French economist

“Tariffs, quotas and other import restrictions protect the business of the rich at the expense of high cost of living for the poor. Their intent is to deprive you of the right to choose, and to force you to buy the high-priced inferior products of politically favored companies.”
Alan Burris, _A Liberty Primer_

“Our schools have been scientifically designed to prevent overeducation from happening. The average American (should be) content with their humble role in life, because they're not tempted to think about any other role.”
U.S. Commissioner of Education, William T. Harris, 1889

“The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a bit longer.”
Henry Kissinger

"The children who know how to think for themselves spoil the harmony of the collective society that is coming, where everyone would be interdependent.” 1899 john Dewey

“Independent self-reliant people would be a counterproductive anachronism in the collective society of the future where people will be defined by their associations.” 1896
John Dewey, educational philosopher, proponent of modern public schools

“They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“The usual road to slavery is that first they take away your guns, then they take away your property, then last of all they tell you to shut up and say you are enjoying it.”
James A. Donald

“A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away.”
Barry Goldwater

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
Thomas jefferson

“If we were directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we would soon want for bread.”
-Jefferson

"Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day."
-Jefferson

"Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom."
-Jefferson

"It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give happiness."
-Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."TJ again

"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object."TJ

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them.”
George Santayana

Last edited:

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
If your a regular person thats not interested or can't be bothered to protest then you'll say so what it doesn't affect me. I knew the head of the Republicant party where I used to live. When the Patriot act was dumped on us he said he didn't mind giving up a few freedoms tp be safe. I told him the biggest problem about willing giving up our rights is that it's really hard to ever get them back. This is nothing less than the same, no one will say anything cause it doesn't concern me. The press isn't any better, they are at the will of the government and the rich.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a rather stretched interpretation don't you think? Unless the zones are miles wide then you still have the right to protest without being arrested. You still are able to seek redress for grievances. You just can't do it by getting in the politician's face. After what happened to Gabrielle Giffords it's no surprise it wouldn't even surprise me if they call this the "Gabby" law on Capital Hill. The irresponsible exercise of our rights is what gets them limited and rather then blaming the government for addressing a problem we ought to be blaming the nutjobs that try to use our rights inappropriately to futher their personal agendas. We the taxpayers get stuck with the bill to protect these politicians and having a "zone" allows for a fewer number of secret service to secure things.

I know the politicians of our day don't deserve the respect that once went with the offices they hold but we as a people still need to respect the office. Cindy Sheehan is a great example and the need for this bill may even have started because of her. Sure it was tragic that she lost her son in Iraq but her son reenlisted knowing his division would be one of the first to go and on the frontline. He knew the dangers he was facing and his decision to go wasn't based on Bush's reasons for going into Iraq. Yet because his Mom decided the reasons weren't good enough felt she was perfectly justified to go set up a camp of protestors on Bush's front lawn at his home in Texas and call him out. Showing a total lack of respect for the office or consideration for the people in Bush's home town. This sort of thing sets the stage for everyone who isn't satisfied with a politician's answer (which is virtually everyone at some point or another) to think it's perfectly acceptable to get in these people's faces and do thier best to publicly humiliate and/or harm them.

Quite frankly if I wanted to protest a particular politician the last place I'd want to do it is at an event of thiers where they have control of the media and armed security. I'd much rather do it at a place where I'm squarely protected by my constitutional rights, I don't have to worry about armed security or police and if the media happens to show up it will be because of a genuine interest in the message of the protest rather then hoping for a conflict with the politician being protested.

As for the executive order well if it comes down to that dire a state of emergency I'm not going to be wanting what the government hands out. After seeing things like FEMA trailers do you really want to trust FEMA food? Besides, executive orders typically only last as long as the president who sign's them stays in office. The Republican's have already made it clear they want to waste the first part of their term (if a republican gets elected President) undoing or trying to undo everything Obama has done. So if Obama doesn't get reelected this executive order may never even be put to use.

very very well said HempKat.......

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Or is it due to people who grow collectively/cooperatively, on land they either don't own or don't have a physical residence on (septic & waste issues), doing large grows that everyone nearby knows about at least due to the smell? And I think we can include the guerilla and squatter grows in this, there's been a lot of discussion about those in these meetings I've been attending. Ranchers ain't diggin' finding tents and crap on their land.

What part of this is people NOT violating other people's rights? They don't have the right to do that, just because they're breathing... so no, the argument does not stand.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
some more quotes :)

When they took the fourth amendment, I was silent because I don't deal drugs.
When they took the sixth amendment, I kept quiet because I know I'm innocent.
When they took the second amendment, I said nothing because I don't own a gun.
Now they've come for the first amendment, and I can't say anything at all. Tim freeman

"Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it...but those who do will become well" - Vernon Howard

“It is often easier for our children to obtain a gun than it is to find a good school.”
Joycelyn Elders

^“Maybe that's because guns are sold at a profit, while schools are provided by the government.”
David Boaz

“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.”
P.J. O'Rourke

"corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow"
Abraham lincoln

“I would rather live in a society which treated children as adults than one which treated adults as children.”
Lizard

“We hate our politicians so much that even if they tell us they lied, we don't believe them.”
Peter Newman

“The politicians don't just want your money. They want your soul. They want you to be worn down by taxes until you are dependent and helpless.”

“When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both.”
James Dale Davidson, National Taxpayers Union

“If you think of yourselves as helpless and ineffectual, it is certain that you will create a despotic government to be your master. The wise despot, therefore, maintains among his subjects a popular sense that they are helpless and ineffectual.”
Frank Herbert, The Dosadi Experiment

“No man has ever ruled other men for their own good.”
George D. Herron

“Our liberty depends on freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost.”

“Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations - entangling alliance with none.”

“A general State education is a mere contrivance for molding people to be exactly like one another; and as the mold in which it casts them is that which pleases the dominant power in the government, whether this be a monarch, an aristocracy, or a majority of the existing generation; in proportion as it is efficient and successful, it establishes a despotism over the mind, leading by a natural tendency to one over the body.”

John Stuart Mill, 1859

---------------------------------------------------------------

“Alcohol didn't cause the high crime rates of the '20s and '30s, Prohibition did. And drugs do not cause today's alarming crime rates, but drug prohibition does.”

“Trying to wage war on 23 million Americans who are obviously very committed to certain recreational activities is not going to be any more successful than Prohibition was.”

US District Judge James C. Paine, addressing the Federal Bar Association in Miami, November, 1991

“The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people.”
Congressman Ron Paul, 1987

“Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.”
Joseph Stalin

”Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.“
Voltaire

"in times of universal deceit telling the truth will be a revolutionary act"
George orwell

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." thomas jefferson

”Love your country but fear its government.“
N.E. folk wisdom

”Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.“ washington

”It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible.“

George Washington

”If you protect a man from folly, you will soon have a nation of fools.“
- William Penn

"No man will labor for himself who can make another labor for him."
THOMAS JEFFERSON, Notes on Virginia

“Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.”
Henry David Thoreau

"you are a den of vipers. I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God i will rout you out."
us president Andrew Jackson