What's new

Your experience/views about dropping out of society please.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
being poor in the country is easier than in the city......the barter system is in full effect in the country and there is game everywhere.... in the city its handouts or pidgeons /rats for food if your poor ,here there is food everywhere if you look ...quail,turkey,deer,wild pigs,squirell everywhere and the list goes on......fuck da city...healthcare can definitely be an issue tho as the medical available is basic and its atleast 35 miles to a real hospital......

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I hope you're kidding bout that...
Round these parts you'd get shot in the face...then they call the Sheriff to collect the trash.
and yes I am kidding I know all the locals and are friends ...here your body gets tossed in the river ...no one calls the sheriff...stuff is handled inhouse here only tourists call the sheriff

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
being poor in the country is easier than in the city......the barter system is in full effect in the country and there is game everywhere.... in the city its handouts or pidgeons /rats for food if your poor ,here there is food everywhere if you look ...quail,turkey,deer,wild pigs,squirell everywhere and the list goes on..

It's called poaching over here and is an imprisonable offence.... Can't even canoe down a river without the permission of the person who owns the water rights. A man in this country hasn't had a right to live off the land since 1066 when William the Bastard brought the current ruling class with him.

Not that I haven't tickled the odd Trout myself.
I took an ex ticling once, she didn.t believe it could be done..."Watch this!" so I step into the river, find a fish, do my thing..."Oi, catch"
Her face=priceless "Uuuuurgh get it off me, it's all slimy and flapping."

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I got my hunting liscense and haven't poached since I was a kid and then it was for survival ...here its called legal hunting..and the river is open to all ...you just have to put in and get out in the right spots for the public or know someone....any trout I see is mine lol... I can get quail and turkey from my doorway....the local deer are too friendly and beautifull to kill so I got to travel 15 miles for that and pigs lol

Snype

Veteran
I got my hunting liscense and haven't poached since I was a kid and then it was for survival ...here its called legal hunting..and the river is open to all ...you just have to put in and get out in the right spots for the public or know someone....any trout I see is mine lol... I can get quail and turkey from my doorway....the local deer are too friendly and beautifull to kill so I got to travel 15 miles for that and pigs lol

MMM quail! Love eating quail and rabbets. When people see what's coming in the US, they'll wish they lived out in the boonies. Things are changing. Within the next 10 years the US is going to go through some serious changes. The masses are just about out of credit and money soon and their house values are not a bank account like the past. Where will there money bubble come from when there's no bubbles left?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
food can run out in the city in just a few weeks...food here runs,swims or flys by daily........lol

T

ThcGrower4life

nothing wrong with a bit of poaching here in scotland lol i seen in america they have these yoyo's i would luv too try em on salmon here

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Go jugging at the salmon farm lol.

Anyway rout, what's wrong with Pigeon?
I kid of course, I ain't eating inner city, Mite infested Pigeon. Pigeon pie is great. I like a bit of Bunny too. KFC style wabbit. Mmmmm-mmm.

mrcreosote

Veteran
Your experience/views about dropping out of society please.

I was crushed when they didn't miss me.

I'm better about it now.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I somehow can't see knife-fighting to the death over over a lump of haggis.

Maybe it's just me.

Clearly you've never spent a Saturday night in Edinburgh
(The knife fighting part...far more likely to be a fight over a bottle of bucky or a kebab than a Haggis though):biggrin:

mrcreosote

Veteran
One might think that Scots would have a generous sense of humor given their only notable exports are humans and whiskey but you would be wrong...

While conversing with a Caledonian brother I noted "I'm sorry...I can't understand you.
I only speak English."

No humor at all.