What's new

Your Children and Cannabis

dreadvik

So I'm curious how all of you handle or would handle kids and weed :)

I am a new father and starting to think more about my smoking/growing habits.

I have two rooms one which is in a locked room, the other in a cupboard that is about to get properly sealed and locked up too if I can sort the ventillation properly :) Harvest activities can and will be done in the locked room, nutrients is mixed in the kitchen but when the baby is asleep. Looking at kitchen cupboard locks for my nutes cupboard which contains all the usually nasties you keep away form kids all in one place :)

We smoke mostly after the baby is asleep or when out the house away from her, if we do smoke in the day we go outside and sit her in her rocker in front of the tv or with the other half :)

Our stash currently is kept in my room which I had hoped not to have to keep locked so I'm looking at building a lockable box or buying a trunk to store my large jars in :) My smoking now jars go in a large locked breadbin still to be bought.

I'm pondering what to tell the child or children and when to do so. I do not really want the kid to smoke before 16. I didn't until 17 and had access before but chose not to and am glad for it as I think it helped with GCSEs and college until I matured. I want to keep it up to a certain age as just another plant, not naming it to improve security. I will tell them they are cigarettes and they are for adults and when they get to be one they can make the choice. I'm thinking take this approach till about 12 when I explain the pros cons and how I waited till after my GCSEs and the harder parts of my A levels even then only smoking lightly, explain it's not for all.

At the age of 16 I guess I might need to up my security to stop bud theft! and because of their mates coming round I may need to look at noise and things again that give away stuff :) What if they ask me for buds at this stage? TBH I'd rather not give them them till they are 18 and I can see it is not having an adverse affect on their life they are not correcting but I'm not over happy about them buying the shit we get around here and suffering ill health and mixing with utter fuckheads perhaps moving onto coke,ketamine, crack and brown as some do, unrelated to weed or course and mostly related to bordom and stupidity! This place is under par on the intelligence front ;)

So what do you all do or what would you do?

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Personally i wouldnt even risk letting a child see the plant(s) what so ever.. schools ''teach'' alot about drugs these days and have a great influence on children regardless of what parents teach at home. and we all know kids say the darndest things ;)

Man shut it down if your not legal, but if you need your meds your grow and smoking will need to be well hidden. Not worth it to risk your family and your kids will find out one way or anothor and when they do it makes you feel kinda shity. I know first hand.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Personally i wouldnt even risk letting a child see the plant(s) what so ever.. schools ''teach'' alot about drugs these days and have a great influence on children regardless of what parents teach at home. and we all know kids say the darndest things ;)

Yeah, my daughter talked about it to one of her friends, then they told their mom..who called the school...who called CPS (Child Protective Service)
They pulled my daughter out of school and interviewed her...then came to my house, where my wife invited them in, handed them me and my son's Recs...and they seen my garden...looked around the house, and asked for a copy of our Recs for our files...so they "will not waste their time again"--
Then the School Principle called my daughter back out of class, and told her that even tho they teach that marijuana is a drug, and drugs are bad...that your dad has paperwork from his Dr...and it is ok that he smokes--
That was like 2 years ago...and no probs since--
The times they are a changin'--:yeahthats

Norrath

if you can have it behind multiple security measures/locks even a quarantine zone as ive seen before, would suffice. GO WAY overkill with the sound dampening and odor control. A slick automated system would be great later on when the kids recognize dad is missing 3 hours a day of his life...I think when kids become more cunning with age, you may have to shut down for your family's well being, to keep them in the dark per se.

unless you have pot intertwined in your life, held with such high regard that you cannot part, then you might have to go the education route, and when it comes time, REALLY educate, near full disclosure, build your kids into trustworthy minions of good morals and ethics. drill them into it, throw in etiquette too, kids eating with mouths open...cmon parents...et al. Then you can tell them about your view on it, and why questions........................

the media frequently shows child-pot related tragedies; i dont have kids but i could imagine that would an epic low....

T.Baggins

honestly, your child's first awareness of marijuana should come from a better source than the media, the government, or the drug manufacturers....
most of their "drug facts" are more frightening than educational.
dont fool yourself either, marijuana is around kids... Some kids are trying their first "hit" at ten and eleven years old.. and awareness of the plant begins even earlier for many, whether through its heavy presence in pop culture or by simply opening their parent's door during "bedtime"... before they find out on their own, shouldn't they be prepared..its up to you to honestly educate your children out the effects, the dangers and the benefits of marijuana.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
honestly, your child's first awareness of marijuana should come from a better source than the media, the government, or the drug manufacturers....
most of their "drug facts" are more frightening than educational.
dont fool yourself either, marijuana is around kids... Some kids are trying their first "hit" at ten and eleven years old.. and awareness of the plant begins even earlier for many, whether through its heavy presence in pop culture or by simply opening their parent's door during "bedtime"... before they find out on their own, shouldn't they be prepared..its up to you to honestly educate your children out the effects, the dangers and the benefits of marijuana.

Bravo!! I truly believe there is nothing wrong with it, so I do not hide it from my kids--

dreadvik

No I sadly am not a medical card holder although I would be if we had the scheme in this country :( I use it for medical, spiritual and social purposes. I am a rasta of the fullfilled mansion so should be covered for many reasons by article 8 and 9 of european human rights act but I don't think I really want the stresses of having to deal with babylon and play their games, I have to play enough of them already. I suppose I could have a break and find other ways to manage my medical issues but I don't know how long I'd get and I don't want to be dependant on others. I still have some time to decide though :)

M

MoldyFrogToe

This thread made me realize that hiding a grow from a 16 yr old is probably equivalent to doing so from the cops once they're in your house!! Eesh.

jman87

I am keeping weed away from my daughter. When shes 18 she can expirement all she wants. I 2 smoke outside away from her but it is hard to keep everything out of sight when you smoke often.

JQP

I quit growing when my oldest was around 12, maybe. Wife thought it best. Grrr, grumble, okay. I bought bag weed for a long time after that. Oldest is now 32 and cool. Doesn't smoke, but his two younger siblings do, and being always tight for $ as kids can be, their old man keeps them supplied with some good stuff. Pretty tough being a dad.

I started a grow op for the 1st time in decades earlier this year, and am on my 4th grow, really 5th if you count my clones under 24 hour light waiting for a chance to get under 12/12.

JQ

dreadvik

Looking like things are evening up in this thread :)

Whatever I'm gonna do I'm gonna be over the top on security in all aspects :) I have plans running through my head constantly so I should be able to adapt. The most secure plan, the mothers go in a large micro covered in junk in a locked junk room :)

@JQP: 12 sounds a good age :) Think cos how it is now and round these parts I'm gonna have to go for more like 6-8 but I'm 100% sure I will be able to trust my child to keep security around 16, especially if they haven't taken up toking by then on their own steam :) So one decade! Damn that seems like a long time when you only been growing 6 years :( hopefully a mate will start I can partner with proper to keep my addiction satisfied ;)

The plan is to be someplace a little more weed friendly like portugal before my kid gets to 6 tho so hopefully it won't matter there?

Oh and thankyou babylon yours is coming believe!

alaskan

I just like that you're posting about having a new baby, followed by a hundred smileys.

A friend of mine's dad grew under their house for years, and we always thought it was just crazy-smelling dog food... until we found the trap door behind the 50lb purina bag.

We were 14-15 when we figured it out, so as long as you keep your stuff locked and some decoys around, I wouldn't expect it to be a problem for a pretty long time..

Kids are curious though, maybe after every harvest clear the room out and fill it with paperwork/other uninteresting stuff and let the kid walk through and be bored, so that there isn't any mystery about it?
I know the first thing I thought when not allowed somewhere was why/what's in there...(TREASURE?!)

sorcival

totallt clean family/kid friendly environment in house and for parents until kids bedtime.
Bedtime = 9:00 nightly. THEN adult time for light adult antics in normal house, while
smoking/kinky is behind locked bedroom doors. Drinking/smoking ONLY after kids bedtime.
raised kids and it works well this way, allows them to grow and experience life without
undue knowledge being forced upon them. Should they begin to experiment with
sex/drugs/pot...or whatever, you will know it immediately in the change in their
everyday nature. Then it becomes choice time in life as to whether to 'fess up
or what.

D

danimal7

whoa ,some harsh post here(most prob dont have kids):nanana:(ouch,harsh)
my folks were cig smokers and heavy drinkers as a result I always hated everything about cigs and alcohol and still do. I have never hid my smoking or growing (outside ) from my three 4,7,10. They pretty much dont pay any attention at all and only the 10yo gets pissed every once in a while and says "DAD !!,,stop looking at , growing ,smoking,talking about,ect ....that smokey stuff " smokey stuff is what they call it , and they know its less dangerous than ciggarettes , but they still don't like it but basiclly just ignore it , except a melt down occasionally by the 10yo and thats his only ammo "smokey stuff"!!

outdoor grows they see me water and the little kids walk with me sometimes .My girl 7yo teases me with a sassy tone "Daadd thats your. ssmoookkeey stuufff " other than that they dont mention it

indoor grow would be a little too exciting for kids to see.When it comes to secret doors and secret rooms with jungles in them !! even we adults cannot keep our big mouths shut :pointlaug
As for school , they go to a little hippy school down the road, my sons teacher's kid got kick out for bring moms weed to school too many times:)
DONK
I dont worry much about the kids and MJ

people need to be told the truth, once they are able to handle it.:2cents:
peace
D

Norrath

if i had kids in my home, i would FORBID the use of words such as cannabis, marijuana, pot, ganja etc of ever being used. My mates would know, the significant other and myself wouldnt use, we would all come up with a better name, like smokey stuff...sort of. If they started to repeat everything they learn at home, curse words are the least of your worries.:joint::abduct:

D

danimal7

the way it looks so far my 10yo boy hates pot as much as I hated alcohol and cigarrettes when I was a kid with lush smokestack parents, anyway, I would much rather for my kids to be potheads than alcoholics or chain smokers or big pharm narco junkies
D

D

danimal7

LOL ! right on Brah
sticks and stones

or as my 4 year old little boy says to his sister "NO!,yooouuu shitty asshole mudderfucker"

I cant wait to display my yoga ass:)

Latest posts

Latest posts