What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I just drive, ride, or walk....

And even I can see there's crops and livestock everywhere.

What's the point here? If high rise apartment buildings were coupled with tiny apartments maybe we could all starve in the same heap?

R

Robrites

zd3bu1l6uxx11.jpg

Smith111

I just drive, ride, or walk....

And even I can see there's crops and livestock everywhere.

What's the point here? If high rise apartment buildings were coupled with tiny apartments maybe we could all starve in the same heap?

The point is, the world isn't overpopulated. The point is, the entire world could fit in a house and yard in Texas. The point is, over population myth started in 1798 and first predicted over population and massive world death by the year 1890. Since then, people regurgitate this nonsense with zero evidence. Here is a short video for reference. :tiphat:

https://youtu.be/vZVOU5bfHrM

:laughing: Yup, open land and NO TROLLS, that seems to be a city phenomena, trolls just come to visit! :moon:

You really are just a negative human aren't you?

dddaver

Veteran
The point is, the world isn't overpopulated. The point is, the entire world could fit in a house and yard in Texas. The point is, over population myth started in 1798 and first predicted over population and massive world death by the year 1890. Since then, people regurgitate this nonsense with zero evidence. Here is a short video for reference. :tiphat:

All arguments aside, WTF? This is turning into, "The sky is blue." Next guy says, "No it's not dumb-ass, it's azure." Like, so what?

I repeat, most people come here for the humor. Then there's people that only been here for a month that wanna argue.

Judge not lest ye be judged, bud.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

when will you concede that it IS overpopulated? will it be when you cannot move your feet because of those jammed in around you? will it take that? how about noticing that our being the breadbasket for the whole fucking world is killing the Gulf of Mexico because we are using so much fertilizer in the farm belt states. maybe realize that our oceanic fish populations are being depleted faster than they can be replenished. unless you are into feeding the masses Soylent Green (watch the movie, not so far fetched these days), then yes, we ARE already overpopulated.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
while trolling by team or otherwise isn't allowed, ganging up on someone is pretty ugly too imo. argue the content, not the person folks. few posts removed...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Did you guys know, you could take the entire world population, give everybody homes, and they could all live in the state of Texas?

The point is, the entire world could fit in a house and yard in Texas.

:laughing: ..... first the entire world could live in Texas and now the entire world could fit in a house in Texas. :laughing:

either the world is growing larger or people are shrinking, STRANGE.:tiphat:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
:laughing: ..... first the entire world could live in Texas and now the entire world could fit in a house in Texas. :laughing:

either the world is growing larger or people are shrinking, STRANGE.:tiphat:

Lets all go shopping at IKEA. They sell high density furniture. With that you can fit 12 peeps into a 600 sq ft apartment. Ahh....luxury living at its finest.....

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... square feet???? well now we're talkin', skyscrapers, but is alla Texas usable land, nope, just like the rest of the world (like India for example;)) large parts are currently uninhabitable, mountains, desert, water etc.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Some people take where they live for granted. I can take a shovel and dig through 24 to 30 inches of top soil and hit water. Sometimes the water bubbles up on top and creates a swamp of clean drinkable water.

Some places like India get water, but it's loaded with arsenic.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... not to mention alla the oil fields sucking up land and land going to agribusinesses supporting the world economy and population.

Moving overpopulation to Texas isn't going to work, although I'm sure they could easily absorb those 10,000 immigrants headed our way with no problem.:D

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
.... not to mention alla the oil fields sucking up land and land going to agribusinesses supporting the world economy and population.

Moving overpopulation to Texas isn't going to work, although I'm sure they could easily absorb those 10,000 immigrants headed our way with no problem.:D

Off topic but wondering if they would stand or kneel for the playing of our National Anthem.....

I can't get along with my wife and we live in a 4,000 sq ft house. Put that many people in that small of a space....social chaos....