What's new

You know you live in the country if......

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
If the serial number on the gun comes back to haunt you, it's your problem and you better be able to prove who you sold it to. Up here in blue country. most people advertise in gun classifieds and then meet at a gun store to have an FFL dealer in the middle of the sale for a fee. Nice in clean that way. As a seller you don't have to worry.

St. Phatty

If the serial number on the gun comes back to haunt you, it's your problem and you better be able to prove who you sold it to. Up here in blue country. most people advertise in gun classifieds and then meet at a gun store to have an FFL dealer in the middle of the sale for a fee. Nice in clean that way. As a seller you don't have to worry.

I think it might be wise to plan on the possibility of getting sued relative to a fire arm.

The gun store has their corporation or LLC to shield them from liability if there is a lawsuit.

If you sell an upper to someone and they do someone that results in a lawsuit, what protects the seller ?

Umbrella Liability - there's a BIG assumption there, that the insurance company will come to the rescue.

Before I sell any more uppers, I'm thinking about talking to a gun store I've done business with for 6 years,
see how the percentages work out if they sell something for me, under their name.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I think it might be wise to plan on the possibility of getting sued relative to a fire arm.

The gun store has their corporation or LLC to shield them from liability if there is a lawsuit.

If you sell an upper to someone and they do someone that results in a lawsuit, what protects the seller ?

Umbrella Liability - there's a BIG assumption there, that the insurance company will come to the rescue.

Before I sell any more uppers, I'm thinking about talking to a gun store I've done business with for 6 years,
see how the percentages work out if they sell something for me, under their name.

They might get righteous with you like you're taking food off their table. They pay all the brick and mortar costs and you're not.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

are you talking upper receiver or 80% lower receivers?/ if you are finishing 80% lowers & selling them, you are legally required to have a license & put serial numbers on them for the feds. if you are doing the uppers, not a prob. i don't "think" you have a problem unless you knew the buyer was legally unable to possess a firearm, or what you sold them caused an injury if it failed. but what the hell, i'm wrong daily...

moses wellfleet

Veteran

even the chicks wear overalls.......

aaff7382_zpsdgnrray6.jpg

:skiiing:

St. Phatty

That's a nice way to change the subject.
I wonder if that young lady gets a percentage when her picture is re-posted.

I just looked, we are on the 5.6.4 version of vBulletin.

I'm sort of surprised that they couldn't implement the security protections with the previous design lay-out, but maybe that just shows I don't know much about programming.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Sorry to interrupt I quoted a post from some years ago to honor our friend Stoner. Didnt know there was a discussion on here. My bad.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Meanwhile, further South of you, everything is pink, green, yellow and white, quite the display!

....... and that pix of the kid in overalls is a bit dated, I'm sure she's street legal by now. :whistling:

St. Phatty

You know you live in the country if......

... if
your cousin is 16, she's probably "street legal"...

Speaking of street legal ... seems like you don't need mufflers & cat converters as much in the country.

Especially given the habit of old cat's to spew tiny hot pieces of metal onto the roadside.

Maybe street legal should be, you don't need a cat on cars & trucks older than 20 or 15 years, in the country.

I learned something new about roosters. I had a little one and a big one that had always fought.

Thought I would give the little guy some time outside of his cage. He ended up going to his old sleeping place on the back porch, a place that he chose. And he was outside for 4 hours with no major duel occurring.

Just gave him a few pieces of cheese. They love cheese, I think partially for the Salt.

IMG_20210324_165614b.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
You know you live in the country when you can burn shingles and get away with it.i do not condone it but I have no choice.garbage won't take it and I can't take it to the dump.

St. Phatty

You know you live in the country when you can burn shingles and get away with it.i do not condone it but I have no choice.garbage won't take it and I can't take it to the dump.

Could always just bury them.

I bury poison oak. I tried soaking it in Stump Remover, that probably made some of it go away.

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol yeah I guess I could but it's about 10 square of old shingle.it would be about the size of 4 or 5 graves.with my reputation they would think it's for actual people!