What's new

You know you live in the country if......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

a lot of people die on flipped tractors, confidence runs high when men become familiar w/tractors, right until the point where they might flip one.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
almost happened to my cousin we were skidding logs and one caught small stump stood the tractor straight up and down. he pushed clutch in that front end slammed down. we were in our teens it was a close call

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I stay away from operating heavy equipment, garden tractors are fine, nothing larger, I have friends w/bobcats, and larger dozers very nearby. I get the friendly price too, free (I pay for the diesel fuel) as far as the bobcat work is concerned.

St. Phatty

I did a search for how to soak a bolt group from a rifle.

One of the better links that came up was -

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t467845-4/

The one guy has a recipe of ~
1 gallon WD-40
6 ounces CLP
6 ounces Kroil
12 ounces Dextron II AFT fluid.

"Another good product like that which is sold here in Texas, but not sure about where else, is called Gibbs.

It is a rust dissolving penetrating oil, expensive, about $20 for a large spray can, but it does work great!"

I was thinking maybe a person could just buy a concoction that works. Is it better to mix your own ? For soaking steel parts.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know you live in the country

you know you live in the country

when the swat team hunting down a crazed trapper stops at your place to get some ammo.

...also when your property gets invaded by city dumasses every hunting season.

kaochiu

Veteran
My faithful Lamborghini died of old age, use and abuse. The last two years it kept rolling with the oddest fixings, made by a feral mechanic. In a way I'm glad, cos deadly accidents are not uncommon, I saw a few in the local paper over the last year, and this is a small area.
Got two zones for pastures, the upper one of them is in slopes. Twice a year I need to clean the brush. Driving backwards on a wavy ground i've met the top limit angle, felt the lightness of equilibrium on two wheels and the uncertainty of which way would go, probably my nuts coming up to my throat made the counterweight in my favour.
My neighbour told me i was crazy to use that tall tractor there, made only for flat lands. He will clean it from now on in exchange of the use of a chunk of land next to him and virtually useless for me. And whatever odd job I need. Now I'm tractorless. Mixed feelings.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
:yeahthats

You know that John Deere, Case and Ford aren't the only companies that build good tractors...

Here's a well taken care of, 1960 model Lamborghini tractor... (I wonder if it goes 180 MPH...:biggrin:)

Attachments

• 1960-Lamborghini-2241R-.jpg
    1960-Lamborghini-2241R-.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 15

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For those that are interested in 450 Bushmaster, Bear Creek Arsenal has come out with their version of 450 BM.

I have been very impressed with the quality of their other uppers. They come on like the low price vendor. So far their quality is comparable (or better) to the other uppers I have.

Thought some of the Country members might like to hear about it.

450 Bushmaster is about 2x a 357 Magnum. It's basically a handgun bullet that is so powerful you really do need to use 2 hands.

Please use safety glasses if you shoot 450 BM. :tiphat:
my affinity for hand canon's died off yrs ago. If I've got shit at hand situation my shotgun's loaded with this ammo. Winchester PDX1:

Winchester PDX1 Ammunition was tested by the FBI to see if it can stand up to real world, life threatening situations. This ammunition has impressive expansion and notable velocities at various ranges thanks to Winchester's proprietary bonding process. In PDX1 ammunition, Winchester engineers have created a self defense load that exhibits controlled expansion and a higher weight retention.

https://youtu.be/Gaz99V1k5i4?t=241

In addition to the 3 pellets of Grex buffered 00 buckshot, this load also features a 1 oz rifled slug which creates a tight pattern for extra protection. Loaded in black hulls with a black oxide high-base.

Uy31GS6.jpg

12ga. PDX1 home defense shotshells

and this is my home defense 12ga. shotgun.
Mossberg Flex 500 w/the Breacher Barrel. An extra thick barrel allows the user to place the crown directly onto a door frame @ the hinges or locking bolt & pull the trigger, no shit...

CvLU9g7.jpg

every time I pick it up I'm reminded of how quickly I'd trade it off against another quality home defense style pump action in .410 gauge only..... they make that Winchester PDX1 ammo in .410ga as well. Slightly different configuration, the .410 has 3 dime sized discs (but thicker) and several 00 buck shot as well. I'm old and would like to have a gun that I could swing around quickly, easily...

If you ever want to strike the fear of gods upon a person (or just wanna light their asses on fire) then load a cheap ass shotgun (these shells are corrosive) with what they call 'Dragons Breath' shotshells. They shoot a column of fire 100+ feet, they also now have a super dragons breath.

cPnUhiI.jpg

https://youtu.be/Gaz99V1k5i4?t=420

The “Super Dragon” Dragon Breath round produces an enormous wall of fire for 130 plus yards compared to the other brands range of 100 feet. The incendiary compound burns at over 5000 degrees fahrenheit. Our rounds are tested and videoed against the competitions for exact results. Our ammunition is loaded in a licensed professional facility using the finest components. WARNING! Extreme fire hazard. Do not shoot in any dry grass foliage, trees, or near flammable materials. Don’t shoot indoors. Use extreme caution. 2 3/4″ round. Sold in 5 round packs.

btw, my in hand, and at hand at all times is my .Taurus 22WMR (22 magnum) model 941 wheel gun, 8 shot, 4 inch barrel, stainless steel; I have 3K+ rounds of my favorite ammo, 3 eight shot speed loaders, and my best accuracy from this gun.

Yup! when I answer my door (steel service door, no windows) and need to open it to a stranger, I have my pistol in my left hand (I'm a Lefty ;)) which is hidden behind the door.

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

You know that John Deere, Case and Ford aren't the only companies that build good tractors...

Here's a well taken care of, 1960 model Lamborghini tractor... (I wonder if it goes 180 MPH...:biggrin:)

We finally traded in our old Cockshutt 1855 for a John Deere and Massey Ferguson back in 1996.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you can fire your largest caliber firearm in any direction knowing you won't hit a neighbor.

St. Phatty

my affinity for hand canon's died off yrs ago. If I've got shit at hand situation my shotgun's loaded with this ammo. Winchester PDX1:

Winchester PDX1 Ammunition was tested by the FBI to see if it can stand up to real world, life threatening situations. This ammunition has impressive expansion and notable velocities at various ranges thanks to Winchester's proprietary bonding process. In PDX1 ammunition, Winchester engineers have created a self defense load that exhibits controlled expansion and a higher weight retention.

https://youtu.be/Gaz99V1k5i4?t=241

In addition to the 3 pellets of Grex buffered 00 buckshot, this load also features a 1 oz rifled slug which creates a tight pattern for extra protection. Loaded in black hulls with a black oxide high-base.

450 Bushmaster is a Rifle.

Hand Cannon - people normally mean handguns ?

I don't have any strong feelings about which weapon works best - except the one a person is most comfortable with.

I do think people should keep ear-muffs right next to their weapon of choice.

If a home defense situation arises, you don't want to deafen yourself.

re preparation for home invasion - if the invader uses a flash-bang, it's good to have hearing protection & eye protection.

re shotguns - yes there are times when you don't have time to aim.

It would be my first shotgun.

CtD has the Mossberg Flex 12 gauge for $412.

They should ask that guy who won Jeopardy, "which shotguns are legal in California ?" ... some of them ?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
450 Bushmaster is a Rifle.

Hand Cannon - people normally mean handguns ?

I don't have any strong feelings about which weapon works best - except the one a person is most comfortable with.

I do think people should keep ear-muffs with their weapon of choice.

If a home defense situation arises, you don't want to deafen yourself.

re preparation for home invasion - if the invader uses a flash-bang, it's good to have hearing protection & eye protection.
Buddy of mine just built a Thumper. 458 Socom though.

What's really fun is his suppressed 45-70 Whisper Thompson single shot.

Loud as a fart and destroys cinder blocks. :D It's his deer rifle.

St. Phatty

Buddy of mine just built a Thumper. 458 Socom though.

What's really fun is his suppressed 45-70 Whisper Thompson single shot.

Loud as a fart and destroys cinder blocks. :D It's his deer rifle.

458 Socom, 450 Bushmaster, 500 Beowulf - they're all about the same.

500 Beowulf can take 2.7 grams of magnum pistol powder, e.g. Lil Gun. That is a LOT.

I like using Lil Gun in a 308. But in Small Amounts. 1.8 grams of Lil Gun works Real Good, like 3 grams (45 grains) of rifle powder.

The full load for 450 Bushmaster is 2.4 grams of Lil Gun. I've worked up to 2.3 grams, starting at 1.8 grams. It seems like too much power for an AR15.

I'm real grateful to the innovators who run with these things. They came out with a 375 SoCom.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Stay...

G6mgdzB.jpg

STAY.....

HDchDqV.jpg

STAY IN THE FRIGGIN' CITY.......

epYDGkg.jpg

or make sure your dental plan is all paid up.

shithawk420

Veteran
It's a baby llama! You know you live in the country when you've raised them.only got one left though.ill take a pic next time I'm at the farm.when they they fight they sound like dinosaurs from Jurassic Park .not kidding

Dumb broad got scared and thought it was gonna spit.they very rarely spit.one did kick my dad's ex girlfriend though.he was my favorite!

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
It's a baby llama! You know you live in the country when you've raised them.only got one left though.ill take a pic next time I'm at the farm.when they they fight they sound like dinosaurs from Jurassic Park .not kidding

Dumb broad got scared and thought it was gonna spit.they very rarely spit.one did kick my dad's ex girlfriend though.he was my favorite!

My neighbor had one....plus goats, fallow deer.

The wife would take the grandkids & old vegetables to the fence next door. Every animal wanted to eat something, except the llama stuck his head though the fence and tried to steal my watch or keychain. :D

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Up here, farmers put a little donkey in with their sheep to protect them from coyotes. Every once in a while you'll see a lama in there too. Cute, but make no mistake. Killers all.