Yields VS. hasty buds

Yields VS. hasty buds

• Yields

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Hasty Buds

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

master kusher

As most of the somewhat experienced growers know most of the time you can have only one or the other. I'm going to create a poll to see what the majority would choose. And also going to ask if anyone has grown out an auto flower that has both. If so please state the strain, number of grams dried, time it took from start to finish, and set up if that's cool too.

rolandomota

Veteran
I pick yield and strength vs. Fast anyday most pick yield and fast harvest thats why you see so much booring weak weed people pick for higher production not strength they figure they can make hash if they want more strength but booring and sleepy weed make even more booring and sleepier hash some want that not me i want the strength and yield forget about flower time i dont mind a sleepy comedown but i need to get super sativa high

RedACD

Gonna go with yields. Hasty buds means a quick grow? I'd vote tasty buds over yields though.

I can always buy tasty buds, and grow yields for edibles. :dance013:

MrBungle

well if you have an 8 week strain that averages 3 ounces per plant in a 3 gallon pot and an 11 week strain that averages 5 ounce per 3 gal pot

you will get 6.5 harvests in a year with an 8 week plant figure 6 plants per run@ 3 oz per = 117 ounces in a year

you will get 4.73 harvests a year with an 11 week strain.. 6 plants per run @ 5 oz per = 141.9 ounces in a year

Jhhnn

Veteran
well if you have an 8 week strain that averages 3 ounces per plant in a 3 gallon pot and an 11 week strain that averages 5 ounce per 3 gal pot

you will get 6.5 harvests in a year with an 8 week plant figure 6 plants per run@ 3 oz per = 117 ounces in a year

you will get 4.73 harvests a year with an 11 week strain.. 6 plants per run @ 5 oz per = 141.9 ounces in a year

It changes pretty fast when the 3 to 5 ratio is changed.

It seems to me that short flowering strains must give better yield overall because that's what the big boys grow. They've become very scientific.

MrBungle

I just realized this was posted in the auto flowering forum... My answer was more geared toward photo period type plants.... Not sure if it applies to autos.... My apologies