What's new

Yield.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice thread!, i think that the way it's grown has as much influence on yield as genetics.

im surprised that 'quality of high' hasn't been mentioned as a criteria that yield has to be balanced against when selecting.

for me that is 90% of the choice.

Mr.Jones

nice thread!, i think that the way it's grown has as much influence on yield as genetics.

im surprised that 'quality of high' hasn't been mentioned as a criteria that yield has to be balanced against when selecting.

for me that is 90% of the choice.

thats true but the flowering time isnt a criteria as well ... i think if you have the possibility of flowering as long as you want to there is no real limitation on the quality of the high ...
so from what ive read some phenotypes of the nl#5xhaze can yield very good and have a very nice sativa up high but need some time to flower

zeddius2

I'm thinking that a plant can only process so much light and nutrients. So the bigger the roots and the bigger the leaves or more leaves the more the plant can produce. I also think that genetics have to do with wether the plant puts the energy its made into making the plant bigger or producing more resin/THC. environment defiantly has a big impact on both.

but what do i know... just my thoughts