What's new

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey masamaaso...

the zig-zag is about half-way to my place.....it's about 15kms before Narra, you turn left and head for the beach.....some pics of the crazy traffic in Puerto might be fun for the members, especially a fully loaded tricycle....lol

.....I just got to reading this thread and I'm halfway already.....some really entertaining stuff.....

You certainly have the skills to live out there like you do....I left Palawan in 2010, just couldn't get the internet working, so had to keep going into town where they kept having brown-outs so then it would go down before you could post what you had spent an hour composing...The town connection got a bit better over the years, where I'm at now I can get 2mgb's...and that works ok...especially since we don't get power outages here....well only when a big Typhoon rolls in and knocks the trees onto the power lines.....Where you are (by my calculations) is outside the Typhoon belt, so I guess that there ain't that many huge storms in a year....question: how many degrees north/south of the equator are you?

Last edited:

norcal_sourD

Hope this thread becomes a sticky or somethin so it NEVER goes away.....I second the Best Intro thread ever!!! Bring in the pics of daily life in Paduwan or Palawan whatevs, I just wanna see some Island livin', man..... Respect btw, for getting El Jefe to chime in on your intro...blew my mind. Was beginning to think the rumors of dudes demise were true lol. So, what about the goats?? Are you runnin lite on em? Me, I hate the lil plant munchin bastards so I wouldn't give 2 squirts o piss if I lost a couple. You in your case however, obviously don't have that luxury tho. What do people in your village think of all the tech you've brought there? I was thinking that on demand heater would make your house the most popular fale(house) around haha. Whats up with Nene? I think you updated us but my oil smokin stoner ass forgot lol. Hows are your nugg plants today? Do you buy a sack for personal stash when you travel? What's it look like? Don't mean to overwhelm ya but ya did say questions make this thread so.... :artist: keep painting us a picture
would ya Masa??

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Can get a bit lonely out there for English speaking company.....what English is spoken is pretty basic.....Must be nice for masamasso to get so much feedback from this thread, it's surely a comfort to him....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I wouldn't mind seeing pics of the McDonald's out there. Usually McDonald's have regional variations on their menu to appeal to the locals, like Japanese McD's have a burger with a shrimp patty...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
When you post, click 'go advanced'
Then, near the font menu, click on the little globe icon with a chain link on it, that will enable you to post a link.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Or if that doesn't work, copy and paste whats in the address bar (when your on the page with the vid) to your post.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
You know what, i think he meant how to post a video on youtube, not icmag.
Never posted anything to youtube, i know those files are in flv (flash?) format, you would think they would provide uploaders a conversion method...

masamaaso

Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASEGrtWBrOY

Cool ok that worked,,,this is the capt's cru on Palawan,,,meet up with these guys a few years ago and formed an instant :smoke out: bond,( go figger),, all but one is born and raised there,,, but we still have plenty of love for him,,when their not off playin a gig,these guys travel and hang with us when we're there,,their last gig was pretty sweet scoring and performing all the music for the PI version of "survivor"..

So,,,if ya like the vid and the tunes ,,please toss um a comment,for the guys getting comments from the US and EU countries is a really big deal,,,really big............

That answers the travel weed question eh ???

masamaaso

Veteran
Hope this thread becomes a sticky or somethin so it NEVER goes away.....I second the Best Intro thread ever!!! Bring in the pics of daily life in Paduwan or Palawan whatevs, I just wanna see some Island livin', man..... Respect btw, for getting El Jefe to chime in on your intro...blew my mind. Was beginning to think the rumors of dudes demise were true lol. So, what about the goats?? Are you runnin lite on em? Me, I hate the lil plant munchin bastards so I wouldn't give 2 squirts o piss if I lost a couple. You in your case however, obviously don't have that luxury tho. What do people in your village think of all the tech you've brought there? I was thinking that on demand heater would make your house the most popular fale(house) around haha. Whats up with Nene? I think you updated us but my oil smokin stoner ass forgot lol. Hows are your nugg plants today? Do you buy a sack for personal stash when you travel? What's it look like? Don't mean to overwhelm ya but ya did say questions make this thread so.... :artist: keep painting us a picture
would ya Masa??

Yup,,,questions from the crew is what really keeps this ball rolling..
Not really running light on goats,,they breed pretty good,,Just a bitch roundin um up some times,,Goats also our main meat source and milk, spice it up on the grill it not "Ba-a-a-a-a-d" biggest issue i got is not enough meat,,lil ribs are tasty and tender but 2 bites of meat on each and the tender loin cooks down to about the size of yer finger,,,3 bites if ya nurse it,,, 1 if yer not looking to share.

Most of the tech items I have are pretty much unknown to most,,Our place is a few klicks from the ville so we dont get alot of visits except the wifes family,, ya gotta go back a few pages though and read about the time I put up the first single, "light bulb " just inside the door of our hut and I thought I was getting ready to be bum rushed by a hand full of guys,,they still fuk with me about that...

Dude ,,,the hot h2o is gonna be the shit from way on high,, wife still has nadda clue,,Powers back up,,, took 3 days to recharge all the batts,,gonna have to start thinking bout replacing um soon, and I still havent figgered out the complete logistics of operation "hot bath" but its coming,, looks simple enough on the box , right ????

NeNe's doing good,,her first year of high scool went a lot better than we thought it would,,,her English skills are smoking,, knocked me a bit when she started talking and her tone of voice and proper word forming usage,,, wife says its the penguins(the nuns) at Holy Trinity,, it s where she learned to speak English herself..

In june Nee starts year 2, we'll see what happens..

The weed there varies from moldy smelling solid bricks to fruity sticky sativa buds, it's the luck of the draw when we get there,, the brick can be pretty brutal on taste but it'll getcha high,, the fruity stuff speaks for it self and the high is all up lift in the head,,,not for nappy time..

Attachments

• IMGP0002.jpg
    IMGP0002.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGP0003.jpg
    IMGP0003.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Copy of IMGP0114.jpg
    Copy of IMGP0114.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Copy of IMGP0115.jpg
    Copy of IMGP0115.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Copy of IMGP0165.jpg
    Copy of IMGP0165.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 14

diggdugg

Dang, you have beef over there now? Or is that some kind of water buffalo? I'd bet there are ribeyes in that sucker either way! Glad you're back Masso!

masamaaso

Veteran
:moon: hapnan muka!!
that's a shit load ay reading for me to do lol
them bats man haha that's some crazy shit yee eating fella grate pics muka glad to av found ye again ma man now hags gona pull a chair up and hit 3 rapid bongs :tiphat:hagi$$

Eh Haggs where the ell ar ya lad ???

:pirate

:Best intro thread ever!

Welcome aboard shipmate,,find yer self a berthing below and settle in, chow call is at 6 bells twice a day...

I wouldn't mind seeing pics of the McDonald's out there. Usually McDonald's have regional variations on their menu to appeal to the locals, like Japanese McD's have a burger with a shrimp patty...

For one this threads biggest fans and supporter, here ya go.......
from driving down the main drag in town on approach to the drive through,, traffics very light . usually ya can't see any pavement..
MacDonalds menu PI style,, with rice and spaghetti, But you'll see my fav listed there,,,call it what you want,,,I prefer to call it a royal with cheese, but a quarter pounder will do. I bet I munched on 20 of um while we were there, and a big coke float..

Attachments

• IMGP0055.jpg
    IMGP0055.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMGP0054.jpg
    IMGP0054.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP0053.jpg
    IMGP0053.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMGP0052.jpg
    IMGP0052.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP0056.jpg
    IMGP0056.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 13

masamaaso

Veteran
Dang, you have beef over there now? Or is that some kind of water buffalo? I'd bet there are ribeyes in that sucker either way! Glad you're back Masso!

Naw man ,,thats my farming Tractor...
I named him "John" and he's in the wonderfull world of a water buffalo hanging in the cool run off water of the river,,, he's had some time off and now thinks he's tony montana or some shit,, gonna be a bitch getting him outa there.

diggdugg

Naw man ,,thats my farming Tractor...
I named him "John" and he's in the wonderfull world of a water buffalo hanging in the cool run off water of the river,,, he's had some time off and now thinks he's tony montana or some shit,, gonna be a bitch getting him outa there.
Ha cool! A real "john" Deere. Do you have plows, and all the rigging? Farming like that is a real workout. Hope the ground breaks easy. Yeah, you are gonna need the old "shake the feed bag" trick to get him out of there.

Latest posts

Latest posts