What's new

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So there's a lighter and a darker cacao roast?
You don't take your coffee with milk?
That choffee strain you have sounds like it pairs naturally with your morning mocha coffee; a real pick me up and attention focuser...

masamaaso

Veteran
I have to ask about the grinding tools for the cocoa beans. I use a granite mortar and pestle and a fairly large clay one. I've also tried the latin american molcajetes but there is a HUGE amount of physical labor grinding down to a consistent powder. How do you (they), get it that fine?

First go back a few pages to the 2nd or 3rd coffee story and you'll see a guy stand over a big ass mortar and pestle,,, both are carved from whole logs from a tree thats not an oak tree but the wood inside looks , feels and works just like black oak,,,hard as stone,,,had to cut ,,,worse to put a nail in,,I got a 19.2 volt craftsman cordless drill the wood laffs at..
Take months to make one,theres only one thing here that works to make to mortar hole ,,,fire,, a ring of hot coals is placed on top burning just a thin layer of the wood,,as time goes more coals are added,,the burnt chips away easy,,, once a hole is established a small fire is made directly n th hole and the burnt removed repeated over and over until finished.. The pestle has to be carved using a sharp blade and a mallet made from the same wood.
Both are heavy as hell,,the mortar weighs in at 65 kilos and the pestle is 12 kilos,, so ya figure dropping 12 kilos on yer beans long enough yer gonna get dust.
Rice flour and corn flour are made the same way,, and I tell ya what ,,you start grinding your own ,,your one step away from becoming a tortilla making fool,,ya wont be able to help it, and everything taste better rolled in a fresh corn or flour wrap..

So there's a lighter and a darker cacao roast?
You don't take your coffee with milk?
That choffee strain you have sounds like it pairs naturally with your morning mocha coffee; a real pick me up and attention focuser...

Hey man wuts going on yer way ??? yea light , dark, burnt its a personal preference and each roast has different uses in the kitchen. I like my cacao on the dark side but defiantly not burnt, same with the coffee. One time I tried roasting both together broke the large beans down to match the size of the coffee but the cacao burnt before the coffee was done so I just ended up fuking it up, picked the coffee out,,gave the burnt cacao to my wifes mom,, not really sure what she did with it...
No Milk for me I like mine black with brown sugar,, but now with the new crop in I've been making my wife different coffees using goats milk and some coffee bar style extract flavors I got from an Korean cruise ship a few months back,, those guys were great, for 2 days they anchored in the back waters and wanted as much tropical fruits as the boys could give um, it was returning from a refit and there were no passengers aboard just crew and they were ready to trade anything not welded down,,also got myself some very nice copper bottomed pots and pans with lids,, way to nice to use here in my kitchen,,wife asked me "just what do you plan for those" followed up with something sounded like " you think I'm gonna be cleaning the black shit off the bottom of those,, think again".

Yea that Choffee plant is sweet,,and yea its got that eyes wide open buzz.
Thats the biggest reason I'm trying so hard to get some strain of Indica going.. The seeds I'm doing now are for sure Indies,,,fat lil chubby leaves, side by side with a Thai of the same age is day and night difference in leaf width.
Heres some pis from last week show ya whats been going on.
first ones been up already but is the best looking so far.
Guess I know the sex on the next 2. next one is a newbie but looks healthy and the last is a Thai..
I've got more Thais going so with the male Indies I'm hoping to get a cross with the Thai females and get some different seeds, at least thats the plan,,,sounds good anyway,,right.
And hey these are only a month and a few days old,,Is it normal for Indicas to show sex this soon,,,my sativas dont show for 3-4 months.
:pirate:

Attachments

• IMGP0950.jpg
    IMGP0950.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGP0953.jpg
    IMGP0953.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMGP0964.jpg
    IMGP0964.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP0963.jpg
    IMGP0963.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP0957.jpg
    IMGP0957.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Green81

Veteran
Hey man, you know those indicas shouldn't be flowering so soon. The one key ingredient I think your missing is a small cfl light to increase the hours of light for your plants, this will make a major difference to your crop, guaranteed.

Peace

G81

Terroir

Man just had some chicken adobo that i made my self after a mate of mine told me about it. Never had Philippine food but that was fucking spectacular.

Cool that you guys are growing cashews. Worked on a massive cashew crop in northern australia for a few weeks with a mate. The apples are something else. The owner worked with a italian engineer to make a series of machines that de apple / de stick / de twig the nut until a final hand sort. Everything was stored in silos and mechanized. The only real set back was they havnt been able to make a machine to crack and cook the nut so everything still has to be exported to philapiines/thailand/ vietnam for hand cracking. The owner developed his own ibl of cashews from nuts he smuggled in from brazil. They are massive and crop very very heavy. Il send you a pm with his details however he was very concerned about his nuts getting into the wrong hands as they yield so much.

Any ways hows the fishing been. Get onto the dogtooth tuna much?

masamaaso

Veteran
Hey man, you know those indicas shouldn't be flowering so soon. The one key ingredient I think your missing is a small cfl light to increase the hours of light for your plants, this will make a major difference to your crop, guaranteed.

Peace

G81

OK dude talk to me,,,im on it,a shipmate brought it to the table a few pages back,,Ive even set up a single D-8 battery just to power up one 200w CFL, what i need to know is how long to give um the light,,,16/8 ? or more ????

Terroir

OK dude talk to me,,,im on it,a shipmate brought it to the table a few pages back,,Ive even set up a single D-8 battery just to power up one 200w CFL, what i need to know is how long to give um the light,,,16/8 ? or more ????

You just need to interuptt the dark cycle by an hour or 2 in the middle of the night. Grow as normal with light on at 11pm til 1 am. That should keep em in veg.

S

SeaMaiden

Terroir, I would agree with you if this weren't a seed start that's showing sex long before the nodes have begun to alternate. It may be worth trying to interrupt the photoperiod, but I still think it will be futile.
Guess I know the sex on the next 2. next one is a newbie but looks healthy and the last is a Thai..
I've got more Thais going so with the male Indies I'm hoping to get a cross with the Thai females and get some different seeds, at least thats the plan,,,sounds good anyway,,right.
And hey these are only a month and a few days old,,Is it normal for Indicas to show sex this soon,,,my sativas dont show for 3-4 months.
:pirate:

Oh, shit, that's what some gifted beans did to me this last summer, turned out there were auto-flowering ladies. I got one 1" bud, from a 3" tall plant, and then it died.

IME, there's nothing you can do about this. Interrupting the dark phase won't help, nor will extending the daylight phase of the photoperiod. I don't think that's a normal Afghani/Indica at all, I think it's an auto, specifically because it's sexed so early on in life.

MJBadger

Veteran
so ya figure dropping 12 kilos on yer beans long enough yer gonna get dust.

however he was very concerned about his nuts getting into the wrong hands as they yield so much.

Have i got a dirty mind coz there has to be some one liners here on this thread ?

sumo

Yes. Supplement light to stretch "daylight" to at least 16 hrs of light. The natives will really think your crazy lighting up your grow at night. Tell them it is an Irish tradition.

Green81

Veteran
18 hours on 6 off is a good strting point, but you may be able to reduce that to save power to 16/8 off. I'm excited for you, a true island hybrid you'll have soon.

Peace

G81

Green81

Veteran
Sea maiden might be right on the auto character of that seed, can't any of us send him some quality indica seeds?

G81

masamaaso

Veteran
Terroir, I would agree with you if this weren't a seed start that's showing sex long before the nodes have begun to alternate. It may be worth trying to interrupt the photoperiod, but I still think it will be futile.

Oh, shit, that's what some gifted beans did to me this last summer, turned out there were auto-flowering ladies. I got one 1" bud, from a 3" tall plant, and then it died.

IME, there's nothing you can do about this. Interrupting the dark phase won't help, nor will extending the daylight phase of the photoperiod. I don't think that's a normal Afghani/Indica at all, I think it's an auto, specifically because it's sexed so early on in life.

Best I can tell ya on the origin of the beans is good reggy bag weed from the DC Metro area. Ones already bit the dust ,2 still kickin and one still looking "normal" Still have about 20 or so beans Im gonna go ahead and germ see if I can get 2 or 3 good ones maybe.

Have i got a dirty mind coz there has to be some one liners here on this thread ?

Yea 2 kilos on yer beans and the honeymoons over....:laughing:

Yes. Supplement light to stretch "daylight" to at least 16 hrs of light. The natives will really think your crazy lighting up your grow at night. Tell them it is an Irish tradition.

Oh I'm way past crazy with um,,but ya reminded me of when we got our first genset,, it was the second evening after getting it about 15-20 natives were gathered in a line on the edge of the jungle(we live in a clearing away from the ville proper) I noticed um all standing there and asked my wife about it so she went out to see whats up ,,, We had only been here a few months and everything was still fresh and new but the fact right now is I'm a bit over 50 for good reason so from where im standing 15-20 people lined up where you chose to put um,,, just before dark,,,And me being some what of a dick,,(sometimes)....
I;m thinking "it's getting ready be on like neck bone" "shit" I got a K-Bar in the hut and that's it,,,,I am fucked,,and It didn't help that at the time I had no clue to the language and it's Body language associated with it or the respect gestures my wife is expected to show the elder men and women ,so im standing there watching, and the movements of my wife and the hand and arm movements of the men and women standing in the line was a bit unsettling,then they started pointing to the hut,,,,im thinking I've done something wrong,,pissed someone off,,,,,,, so yea,,, Im thinking some foul shit right about now..and just how foul its gonna get as far as getting both of us away from this spot for now and figure out WTF,,, depends on what happens in the next 2 minutes..By the time she got back I had put on boots jeans a shirt and a very lonely web belt with a K-Bar on it,,,she walks in the gate ,,,stopped,,,, looks at me silent ,,kinda side ways,,,,I asked "what do they want ?",,,she right away asks "why are you dressed like that ?" I ask again ," what do they want" ,,she turns and as shes walking in the door she bursts out laughing saying,,,," their waiting for the light to go on "

Lil Bitch....:laughing:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I love fresh tortillas. Do you have a tortilla press?

Waiting for the light to come on, that's pretty funny. It's nice that they don't seem covetous of your possessions...

masamaaso

Veteran
I love fresh tortillas. Do you have a tortilla press?

Waiting for the light to come on, that's pretty funny. It's nice that they don't seem covetous of your possessions...

Man getting hot,,,break time,,sit and take a few tokes with "ya'll"
No man I dont have a tortilla press, their made poured and pan fried, the mix is a lot thinner than S.A. style tortillas most of which for me was a thicker mix hand patted with floured hands then pan fried.
The ones made here are a thin watery mix,,poured into a really hot oiled pan and when done are wafer thin,,most of the time meat or veg gets rolled in it ,,,it then gets cut into sections and deep fried, turning the wrap into a crispy bite size treat.
For me when my wifes mom is making up a batch i'll sit there and chow on 10-12 of um as soon as they come out of the pan,, them with a bowl of beans a lil goat meat and I'm a happy guy.

Lunch time ??? no shit I just sat down 2-3 minutes ago,,,,:laughing:
Caught a handful of these last night early this morn when the moon went down,, trolling a 4 inch black and gold Rapala chasing 2 bright orange Glo-sticks tied 2 and 4 feet from the lure..
Not sure how many I caught,, got into a nice nest of um trapped by the tide on the sandy side, inside the reef.

Attachments

• IMGP1003.jpg
    IMGP1003.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGP1002.jpg
    IMGP1002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP0999.jpg
    IMGP0999.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGP0974.jpg
    IMGP0974.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGP0975.jpg
    IMGP0975.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP0976.jpg
    IMGP0976.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 18
N

noyd666

you gut your eating fish mas, we used to just chuck the lot on coals, gut goes into lil ball. funny about light.

Green81

Veteran
I love your little anecdotes on island life. Bag seed isn't generally a good way to go for strong genetics. Can't we send you some good indica beans or is that out the question?

G81

ColorGRo

So I'm on page 25 and will talk and ask questions when i catch up haha. Wife's pissed cause i wont stop reading lol. She happy when i read out loud tho ;). Just wanted to say u gt another one on bored and super happy to read all this. Amazing thread. Sounds like my type of living. Bartering and living the good ol ways. All organic. Wow. I just aquired a landrace sativa. 18 week flower. Sounds likr it might do well out there. Who knos maybe we will be talking when i make seeds ;. Anyway I'm getting back to reading. Talk to u later.

ColorGRo

The gas lantern routine is the name of the "light schedule" used to keep them in veg. just need an hour or 2 of light during lights out.