What's new

Yellowing leaves/Green veins

S

sundays child

I'm in England, luke warm is bog standard English, it's in the dictionary and everything! It means, like, tepid, not warm but not cold. At a guess I'd say it's around 15 centigrade.

I'm wondering if the water from my hot tap (faucet) is different from the cold. It's the same coming in but it sits in a tank to get heated whereas the cold comes direct from the mains supply.
Anyway, for now I've worked out a method of feeding at 5.8, luke warm (which is good, believe me!) and I'm seeing improvements. I'm going to do some experimenting with the new meter and try to understand what's going on. I'm not ruling out simple error, maybe I just got it wrong and forgot to calibrate the meter or something.

A couple of people, Churchill was one, said about Britain and the United States, "Two nations divided by the same language".

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
my pH calibration fluid is only 3 months old, stored correctly and it's way out of wack

I just did exactly same thing to my mobb bosses, using canna and coco and when I tested I saw my 5.9 was actually 5.2, and after 3 weeks they may not survive

don't just trust calibration fluid and pH pen testers, be smart and cross check with your litmus paper, which is the most reliable source of pH measurement IMO

S

sundays child

So, a quick update. The girls have had their lower growth trimmed off, they have gone into the large pots and have been under 12/12 for 5 days now. Most have greened up nicely but a few still haven't. I'm hoping they will catch up with the others soon.

Unless something changes I don't see a need to post on this thread again so, one more time, thankyou to everyone who has offered their opinions and particularly those who diagnosed my problem and offered a solution.

hazy

Veteran
Okay. So I mixed a bucket of feed, phed as normal and measured with my new, freshly calibrated ph meter. 6.9! I checked with my liquid tester and it still reads 'optimum' on the colour chart. I've thrown it in the bin.

Well, i hope they continue to improve. 6.9! yow, that would slow down iron bigtime.