What's new

Yellowing leafs turning brown, mid flower

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Suggestions? I browned the pistals foliar spraying BAS "buildabloom".

DSC00480.JPG
DSC00481.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
This is tent wide, and getting worse. It started with the dying pistals and has spread to the leaf edges. Pistals did not recover overnight. I wonder if that foliar spray burned the plants, and maybe I should turn down the light some.

Serious Kush affected also.

DSC00482.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Closer pictures. Any ideas what this is? Same leaf, top and bottom. This is at thr top of the plant getting full light.

DSC00483.JPG
DSC00484.JPG

Lordovdabuds

Looks like burn, I never spray while in flower just to many possible problems. But I'm no expert maybe one of the more educated can help.
Happy growing guys

GoatCheese

Veteran
My guess is you giving your plants foliar feeding burned them.
..and yes your light could be running abit too hot; those leaves got a bit of that dehydrated look to them (lost their waxy, shiny look) which is sign of led/cob radiation damage. And maybe that played a part why the leaves burned from the foliar feeding = the tissue was lacking moisture all ready and the foliar feeding burned them cause the nutrient content in the leaf tissue went too high

yea, It’s not a good idea to foliar feed your plants with NPK nutrients/boosters if it isn’t an absolute must ( root zone is locked out), unless you really know what you’re doing

ButterflyEffect

That's Manganese toxicity. It's from the foliar. It's in the gypsum in the build a bloom. If your humidity is low, it'll make it worse.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks. I'll turn down the light and I am about to top water in a tea of kelp, alfalfa, and castings. They maybe could also like a little nutrition. I am trying to keep the VPD under 1.1 to 1.2

Damn. There were some good smells coming from in there.

ButterflyEffect

Thanks. I'll turn down the light and I am about to top water in a tea of kelp, alfalfa, and castings. They maybe could also like a little nutrition. I am trying to keep the VPD under 1.1 to 1.2

Damn. There were some good smells coming from in there.

Hopefully you'll still recover for a decent pull. Per Mulders, you'll antagonize Iron and turn up the need for Potassium. It'll disrupt more, obviously, if it gets too severe. I mess with foliars every so often and I find that screw things up more than anything else. I grow in perlite/vermiculite hempies and more often then not, I have some kind of rootzone pH issue that I'm chasing with a foliar.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
<Per Mulders, you'll antagonize Iron and turn up the need for Potassium.> What is that? I use the cal-mag with iron.

Here's to hoping I stressed the Runtz rabbit enough to make it herm a few viable beans. I wouldn't mind some off those AK47s either, but Serious has more. These plants have been through hell on my first attempt, and somehow still live, and even thrive. Living soil is the real deal. Just water it enough to keep the sparks flying.

I am in fabric bags. The ones currently in flower are 7 gallon. They sit on a SIP bed in tubs, and the roots poke through the bags into the bed. I pH the soil at 6.8 then water the bed with 6.3.

It's the tallest plant (left rear):
DSC00519.JPG

Making OK buds:
DSC00520.JPG

And maybe the pistils will recover:
DSC00521.JPG

Last edited:

ButterflyEffect

<Per Mulders, you'll antagonize Iron and turn up the need for Potassium.> What is that? I use the cal-mag with iron.

Here's to hoping I stressed the Runtz rabbit enough to make it herm a few viable beans. I wouldn't mind some off those AK47s either, but Serious has more. These plants have been through hell on my first attempt, and somehow still live, and even thrive. Living soil is the real deal. Just water it enough to keep the sparks flying.

I am in fabric bags. The ones currently in flower are 7 gallon. They sit on a SIP bed in tubs, and the roots poke through the bags into the bed. I pH the soil at 6.8 then water the bed with 6.3.

It's the tallest plant (left rear):

Making OK buds:

And maybe the pistils will recover:

The Mulders chart identifies interactions of elements with each other. In your case, with too much Manganese, it can cause a need for more Potassium and/or lockout Iron. It's mostly a root zone issue, but not necessarily. Just something to be mindful of.

Setup looks cool. I do salt based grows mostly because my back doesn't let me lug soil to the site, otherwise I'd likely do something similar.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks. The yellowing of the leaf edges continues. This is what made me do the foliar spray in the first place. I can't find this edge discoloration on the deficiency charts. It is tent wide, but one AK47is affected more than the other.

DSC00526.JPG
Worst case - AK47
DSC00527.JPG
The other AK47 has it also.
DSC00528.JPG
Serious Kush not happy
DSC00529.JPG
Seious Kush is again
DSC00530.JPG
Runtz rabbit has it too.

madalasatori

Veteran
Try moving your lights further away or turning them down 50% often too much light is the cause of strange problems in modern grow rooms when all else seems ok

ButterflyEffect

Thanks. The yellowing of the leaf edges continues. This is what made me do the foliar spray in the first place. I can't find this edge discoloration on the deficiency charts. It is tent wide, but one AK47is affected more than the other.

Worst case - AK47
The other AK47 has it also.
Serious Kush not happy
Seious Kush is again
Runtz rabbit has it too.

Hrmmmm. I wish I could give more accurate advice since you're in soil I'm not as keen on what's going on there. In these pics it does look like a Potassium issue, but something could be locking it out. For example, too much N, P or Mg will lock out K. Or maybe you don't have enough in your mix. Again for me, it's a bit easier. I just flush and start again with a balanced mix. Ph is a major consideration too, but probably less for you as you have a lot more in the way of buffers than I would have.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hard to flush the leaves. No more BAS build-a-bloom spray (per their damn instructions) for me. The flowers are building, and the sticky smells are pretty good. Especially the Runtz Rabbit.

I want to somehow self it to get some seeds. Maybe all the stress will do it. These plants were almost dead when I moved them - so being the first try it is a learning experience. I have brought in the other rejects from this run, and they are gonna flower out in the other tent. One was a reg seed, so I have to watch it..

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That's Manganese toxicity. It's from the foliar. It's in the gypsum in the build a bloom. If your humidity is low, it'll make it worse.

I am skaird to try another foliar spray, but maybe this would help:

https://plantbrix.com/product/potassium-silicate-agsil-16h/

. AgSil applied in the soil or foliar aids the plant during periods of drought, extreme temperatures, cold, frost, heat stress, salinity and mineral toxicity (Al,Cd,As,Mn,Fe) and other abiotic stresses. AgSil 16H activates the plants immune system helping it to resist against foliar and soil diseases cause by fungi, bacteria, nematodes, viruses and other biotic stresses. Based on the crop, AgSIL 16H should be applied as a foliar spray or to the soil using ground equipment or irrigation systems.

ButterflyEffect

I am skaird to try another foliar spray, but maybe this would help:

https://plantbrix.com/product/potassium-silicate-agsil-16h/

. AgSil applied in the soil or foliar aids the plant during periods of drought, extreme temperatures, cold, frost, heat stress, salinity and mineral toxicity (Al,Cd,As,Mn,Fe) and other abiotic stresses. AgSil 16H activates the plants immune system helping it to resist against foliar and soil diseases cause by fungi, bacteria, nematodes, viruses and other biotic stresses. Based on the crop, AgSIL 16H should be applied as a foliar spray or to the soil using ground equipment or irrigation systems.

Ha! Don't feel bad about being afraid to use foliars. I give the 6 different ones I have a sidelong glance every damn day! Funny though, I just had to use some MKP foliar on a new run that was showing obvious signs of P def. Most likely cuz I bumped the Mg up when I started the run.

I use AgSil, but not in a foliar. The issue with it in a foliar is that Si doesn't get taken in by the leaves very well, assuming you're looking for Si benefits. I use it in my mix in veg thru Wks 1-2. It might be good in a foliar for PM or other pests, not sure.