What's new

yellowing and drooping in cocoa

blahman

The very last picture is showing the slightest signs of interveinal chlorosis, this would be the magnesium. The other pictures are too yellow overall for me to really be able to tell much of anything.

I forgot to ask you, did you precharge the coco before planting in it? With Ca & Mg at least, if not also with a mild vegging solution?

Thanks for your help!

Here are a couple better pictures.

No I didn't pre charge the coco before, but if I did the little bit of cal mag that was added then would be washed out long ago. Since I haven't been adding it to my feeding regimen. I've fed a number of them today with some sensi cal mag added. I'll wait a day or two and them turn some more lights on to see if has helped. I'm hoping it does, I only have 2 out of 5 lights on over 35 plants I should soon be flipping these to 12/12.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 6
S

SeaMaiden

Blahman, Ca and Mg are bonded to coco on a molecular level, it can't just be washed out. Interesting that one leaf shows the very first whispering of Mg deficiency, while another shows the very first of a Ca deficiency, yet neither show the symptoms together. This is one of the reasons why I detest using premixed Ca/Mg products and prefer applying those nutrients separately when growing in coco.

Not all coirs need to be pre-charged, but the brand that I use (Botanicare 5kg bales) requires it. I like to pre-rinse before I pre-charge as well.

blahman

I haven't pre charged my coco its canna, I was told that It wasn't required. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. I was also told that sensi had enough cal mag that you wouldn't have to add any for coco.

The plants that I've given sensi cal mag look slightly worse today, but i'll give them a couple days before I flush and give some canna nutes a try to see if can rescue these. My fingers are crossed they come around.

Latest posts

Latest posts