What's new

Yellow - Orange Spots on leaves

Born-on-420

Thanks everybody for the advice, I’ll be giving only water for the short term, and see how she responds,

I’ll be in touch,

born-on-420

Born-on-420

Update

Update

HI All,

Just a quick note, the browning curling leaves have not progresses, and I no longer see new spots on the broad leaves. Many thanks for the cool headed thinking,

born-on-420 out....

al70

Veteran
take C.A PD's advice, snip off all bad foliage, n wait n see if things improve, goodluck.

Born-on-420

That’s what I have done, I don’t see any further damage, but recovery is slow.

Thanks for checking back,

born-on-420

al70

Veteran
Nitrogen Toxicity

Problem: Dark green leaves, weak stems, and overall slow growth. Marijuana leaves that are nitrogen toxic often get "The Claw" or talon-like leaves that are bent at the ends. The also do a weird curving / cupping that is often mistaken for overwatering, but is unique to nitrogen toxicity. You can see a picture of this leaf "clawing" below.
Leaves that turn into claws often start turning yellow and dying if the nitogen toxicity is not treated, much like a nitrogen deficiency, only the leaves will continue to get more and more clawed. Leaves eventually turn yellow or brown and fall off. You can tell if yellowing is caused by too much nitrogen because the rest of the plant will be dark green, and the yellowing leaves will turn into claws first.
Different strains react differently to nitrogen toxicity. Some plants get dark green leaves with no clawing. Some strains will get leaves that do the weird 90 degree bend at the tips, while other strains or individual plants start curling like claws and then turn yellow / brown and fall off like a deficiency. Yet these are all signs of too much nitrogen.
Signs of Nitrogen Toxicity
  • Dark green leaves and foliage
  • Leaf tips may turn down, without signs of overwatering.
  • You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
  • Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
  • The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
  • Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses
  • As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying

al70

Veteran

Solution: Reduce the Nitrogen your plant is getting!
Reduce the amount of nitrogen that is being fed to the plants. If you are feeding extra nutrients, cut down. If you are in the flowering / budding stage, make sure you're using a formula that's specifically meant for flowering, or else it will have too much nitrogen.
If you are not feeding extra nutrients, you may have "hot" soil that has been supplementing with extra nutrients. In that case, flush your plants with filtered, pH'ed water to help leech out the extra nitrogen.
Effected leaves likely won't recover, but you should stop seeing the problem spread to more parts of the plant.

Born-on-420

distilled water

distilled water

Hi All,

I cut out all nutrients/ferts, now only tap water that has sit for at least 3 days. This week I have implemented distilled water, as I read it is ph neutral, hoping to leech out some of the N.

The plants are taking two different paths now. One is really looking burned, lots of yellow and brown leaves. The other is looking good, only suffering from some yellow leaves down low. I don’t see the curling of the leaves on this plant as in al70’s picture, just yellow, then they fall off.

Will post some pix this weekend,

born-on-420 out....