What's new

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

J

Javadog

I did in light...never thought about that.

It worked, but I am still interested in what is optimal.

JD

Kapancuervo

Well, im loosing hope on this...
I added some more 9v batteries, making a total of six 9 V. batteries. Same result... reachs 17 ppm and freezes, i just can`t reach the 30 ppm and running out of silver...
I asked a friend who knows about chemistry and he told me (as i understood) that maybe the solution reaches it`s maximum and won`t produce more ppm in the water. I`m going crazy!!
(I`ve already switched the silver from poles)
HEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeee

B

blue green

I wouldn't have a clue what ppm mine was?

I just used a 9v battery for 36 hours and it worked well. :)

Stash

I have been lurking here for a long time and I feel it's time to start working on my first 25 post so that I may be a full member, this is a great site with great members and is run very well. Hello my name is Stash. I have been Stash for many years. I have been Stash on OG and CW and other sites as well.
As far as Colloidal Silver goes I think it needs something. Colloidal Silver works different on different strains but for the most part it's not very good. Over the years I've read alot of post on Colloidal Silver on many sites and it's all the same thing. Everyone is trying to dial it in to make it work for them. I think it's missing something that would make it work great. I looked at the makeup of STS to see what is in it that makes it work that is missing in Colloidal Silver. I looked at the makeup of STS and noticed it had to things in it that were also in match heads. I used 30 match heads and put them in distilled water for two days and then added this pink water to my Colloidal Silver and the sprayed it onto my plants. It made the plants sick as hell but you get the idea of what I am saying. There is the right mix out there that will work we just have to find it. There must be some young persons out there willing to do a little work on this. What do ya think?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Hi Stash, and welcome to IC...

It's disappointing to hear your negative comments about CS ... they seem a bit baseless, and you only need to scroll a few comments up to see hundreds of feminised seeds created by CS. (It seems that your post is based purely on what you've read, rather than any personal experience...) :)

I looked at the makeup of STS and noticed it had to things in it that were also in match heads.

Actually, matchheads use phosphorus, which has nothing to do with STS (silver theosulphate, which is silver nitrate + sodium theosulphate), and simply leaving something in water overnight isn't always enough ... (for example you can't just leave a silver coin in water overnight to create CS -- you need electrolysis)

Last edited:
B

Bag

i hate to bust up in yer thread pheno but i can make females throw balls by striking a few matches a few times in the dark cycle , works faster.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Baggy, like i addressed in the very first post of this thread, light poisoning is definitely less effective and doesn't work on all strains, and often not stress-resistant phenotypes! we want to poison the stress-RESISTANT ones, and you generally need some chemical assistance there :)

Stash

PhenoMenal it's good to meet you. Your doing a great job here. But silver nitrate + sodium theosulphate are both compounds not elements. Keep up the good work. Stash

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Stash, you are correct mate - silver nitrate and sodium theosulphate are both compounds -- but I've never said they were elements so I'm not sure what you're getting at there...?!? :) ..... (and likewise neither compound has anything to do with the element phosphorus found on matchheads) :)

Last edited:

Stash

PhenoMenal, it's good to meet you. You've got to consider that silver nitrate + sodium theosulphate are both compounds not elements. I've read alot here and on other sites and I am very up to date. Just trying to help. Keep up the good work. Stash

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I haven't looked at this thread in a long time.

I would like to see some pics of plants grown from home made fem beans. Anyone wanna show some successful finished product? Not just the seeds or reversed females but fem'd seed budshots.

islegrown

Hey guys/girls haven't been on here for years!, I was an OG refugee back in 2003-4 (during the mongoose/gypsy nirvana crisis)..lol

I read all 95 pages and an astounded!....so simple!..would like to thank all the contributers to this thread, was a very beneficial read to say the least, thanks again!

Keonaona

I spray the entire plant. It does not hermi, that's different, the entire plant changes sex.

To get the pollen out I cut the she/male heads off when I reckon they're ready and put them through a grinder.

THEN BRUSH THIS STUFF ON TO ITS MUM...SO THE DAUGHTER FUCKS ITS MUM

View Image

THE END RESULT IS FEMINISED SEED...THESE WERE ALL VIABLE AND I HAVE MANY MORE

View Image

They can only be female...there are no xy chromosomes in the mix.

They will be and are identical to the original mother...guaranteed.

Was the pollen sack dry'd before getting grinded up ??
HOw long was it dried for??
Can you freeze the material afterwards ?? Or refrigerate ??

Thanks in advance....:thank you:

OmeJozzie

I still have the problem of no pollen.
I turn one female to male, get lots of male flowers, they open up, even dry up and fall to the ground. But every time i get zero pollen, absolutely nothing...!?!?
Don't get me wrong, the system works. It has worked for me several times, but for some reason, it stoped working.

I have tried different silver, higher voltage (from 9V to 12V), longer production (from 10 to 20 hours). But every time, nice male flowers but no pollen.
I'm almost getting desperate here.

But i have a new idea. Somewhere along the way i startet do use a booster (Canna-Boost).
Has anyone used boosters while making seeds? Could it be that this is the problem?

Stash

OmeJozzie, you are so right. I think alot depends on the strain used. I was the person that ran the first test ever and I am the one that discover that you could use CS to change the sex of our plants. Over the years it's still the same. Some times it works but most of the time very poorly if any pollin at all. You always get male flowers but most of the time very little pollin if any.
This is my post saved from years ago letting the members of a growers forum in on my findings. I jumped the gun a little and posted before I found that I only got 2 seeds and only after rubbing the opened male flowers with out any pollin, on the female flowers. In all these years nothing has changed. Later,Stash

"Nanny PMed me one day with the idea that maybe Colloidal Silver could be used to replace Silver Thiosulfate in sex reversing. I have been making my own CS for some time using two (one oz) bars of silver, 8 oz of distilled water and 4 (9 volt) batteries.
For this test I purchased a 30 volt DC transformer from radio shack for about $23. I also used 2 (one oz) silver bars from ebay or local coin or pawn shop. I used 8 oz of distilled water in a glass jar.
I hooked the each of the wires from the transformer to the end of a silver bar ( I used a rubber band). I lowered each of the bars into the jar of distilled water (8oz), putting each bar well into the water (Not letting the wires touch the water). I held the the bars in place by putting a rubber band around the top of the jar and over the wires. I pluged the transformer in for one hour. I then poured some of the Colloidal Silver into a spray bottle and then spayed a aloa white widow female clone and put her under 12/12. At first I didn't think it worked when I saw a few female flowers but now the clone is full of male flowers.
Maybe you can use more water or less time on the transformer, but this works. What I like about this is you don't have to send anyone an address to do this, safe is good. Later, Stash

Cabby, only the silver goes into the water, not the wire. The electricity will take the shortesr route and go from one wire threw the water and into the other wire and not even go into the silver. So keep the wires above the water line. Later, Stash"