What's new

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

tronkyx

Hey High Country,

Awesome tek, so I'd like to see how you pollinate your females, or if you can explain it, to get an idea of the process.

Thanks
Tronkyx

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
tronky,
High Country has published the most comprehensive photo-documentary of making and using colloidal silver, see the "COLLOIDAL SILVER EXPERIMENT" link in his signature - it's a long read but well worth it (i've even mentioned it in my first post in this thread), and it should answer your questions - even ones you haven't thought to ask yet

Last edited:

GrowersUnite

Trying this again, 12v 300ma, tap water that's been set out for 2 weeks. Don't have access to distilled water, and tap worked good in the past. Spraying a side branch or two, and separating with a plastic bag to prevent over-spray. I'd like to save everything except the branch I'm spraying.

Thoughts?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Generally, dehumidifier water is considered a rather clean kind of greywater: not suitable for drinking, but acceptable for watering plants, though not garden vegetables[4] The health concerns are:[4]
the water may contain trace metals from solder and other metallic parts, most significantly lead (which is quite dangerous), but also copper, aluminum, and zinc. The trace metals pose a danger if used on edible plants, as they can bioaccumulate; however, the water is usable for irrigation of non-edible plants.
various pathogens, including fungal spores, may accumulate in the water particularly due to its stagnancy; unlike in distilled water production, the water is not boiled, which would kill pathogens (including bacteria);
as with distilled water, minerals are largely absent, hence it is somewhat flat-tasting.

from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehumidifier

So it would be better to just distill some. you could make a solar still, as long as the water is potable and the stuff you use to colect it are clean, it's as good as one from a normal still.

more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_still

If not, water from the dehumidifier is better than tap water..

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Id be very surprised if your local supermarket/grocery store doesn't have any distilled water, and you don't need much and it's not expensive

GrowersUnite

I'll check it out. My 12v was broke so I used a 5v, 1000mah. Gave me a 50ppm solution. Started spraying today. 3rd day into 12/12. I'll update once I see nanners.

If I can't get seeds off this plant, I have the mother and another clone, that i can save pollen for to use in Aug or something. I'm going to store it in a black film canister. Is the freezer the best place?

nimbin1

hi growersunite, i have always had luck with storing pollen in size 00 gel caps that i buy from the chemist. they are about five dollars for a 100 pack. i do a LOT of plant breeding and this has always worked for me.once the pollen is in them i bung em in the fridge, the gelatin takes the moisture out of the pollen and than the fridge takes all the moisture out of the gel cap. i have stored pollen for over two years that was still viable.

nimbin1

one more question for everyone, forgive me if this has already been asked. does colloidal silver have a shelf life?.like can i make a heap up and then use it for a few months instead of having to make new stuff each day?.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
nimbin1, yes it has a shelf life but I can't recall how long off memory - just have a look at one of the bottles of the commercial stuff the next time youre near a pharmacy/drugstore.

The main issue with CS is to keep it away from light as it's photosensitive, which is why you'll always find it in a thickish white or black lightproof plastic container (and then keep it stored in a cupboard for extra protection).

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
UPDATE! This thread is now the 9th-most-viewed of all time here at the ICMag Growers Forum :) (also 16th most replies)
Thankyou once again to all the contributors who've shared their experiences, lessons learned, and tips & tricks!!!

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
its a great thread im making another batch to reverse a bluecheese plant in the next week or so.

So simple and straight forward.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Tripsick - awesome bro! I wish you more continued success with the its-almost-TOO-simple wonder that is colloidal silver :)

nimbin1

thanks for the reply phenomenal. ill be sure to check it out next time im at a chemist. been having trouble finding 99.99%pure silver. i even rang the perth mint. think im going to order some off ebay, i hope they tell the truth about the purity.

jump117

Veteran
UPDATE! This thread is now the 9th-most-viewed of all time here at the ICMag Growers Forum :) (also 16th most replies)
Thankyou once again to all the contributors who've shared their experiences, lessons learned, and tips & tricks!!!
Hey PhenoMenal !
Please accept my sincere congratulations! Popularization of useful knowledge is a very noble activity.
For me, this topic has long been a subject of interest and research. With a pleasant surprise, I discovered that already posted a 45 posts here.
The remarkable success of this topic assumes that the proposed information to be accurate, since it is widely distributed and applied practically.
Let me tell you the inaccuracy of which I mentioned earlier. This applies to assertion of the photosensitivity of ionic colloidal silver solution, which you recently reiterated.
The main issue with CS is to keep it away from light as it's photosensitive, which is why you'll always find it in a thickish white or black lightproof plastic container (and then keep it stored in a cupboard for extra protection).
It is not correct, I told you earlier that
Some silver salts are light-sensitive, but not ionic-colloidal silver.
The color of ionic-colloidal silver solution is not changed in the light and it does not darken with time.
Once again, colloidal- ionic silver is not photosensitive.
Light-sensitive silver compounds are the only of its haloid salt; especially, chlorine AgCl , fluorine, bromine AgBr, and iodine AgJ ; sometimes, also cyanogen.

Of course, there will be no harm in order to produce and store it in the dark, but there is absolutely no need.

Let me decorate my constructive criticism with the picture of ionic colloidal silver solution, the color is determined by the size of the colloidal particles.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts