What's new

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I was able to reverse one of my Females. i have Nanners and i think balls even.

So do i stop spraying the Colloidal silver or keep going for a week or so.

two weeks before going into 12/12 flowering, and continue spraying until you start seeing pollen develop

So just wait for the nanners to open i guess and then stop spraying.

420stoner

thankz for the answer!
i have another "?" when the plant is in flowering already & is producing buds where do you spray at in the leafs or in the buds & if its in the buds doesnt the buds get mouldy???

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm still trying to get this right, and had thought my 4th attempt was a failure. But the blue dreams started producing pollen finally (after 5 weeks of c/s). Male flower development is extremely sloooow, so I've had to be patient (arggh).

I'm spoiled because I'm used to how fast natural males produce viable pollen, and in greater volumes.

Midway thru this attempt, I started spraying just the main stem and branch growth. I stopped spraying the fans, as they were looking bad and starting to curl/canoe. It almost seemed like the plants had gotten too much c/s, and it was delaying flower development...

someotherguy

Veteran
question if i spray a plant with cs will next generation of seeds be only the pheno i spray or will it have all variables from other phenos???

if you pollinate it's clone sister then you should get almost no variation, if you pollinate a different pheno then of course you will get variation as in any cross.

on ebay theres some silver coins but it says " 1 troy oz .999 silver " is this good to make colloidal silver im kind of confused that it says 1 troy oz.
its it good to make colloidal silver???

the only number you need to concern yourself with is .999, that means the silver is 99.9 percent pure and suitable for making cs.

I was able to reverse one of my Females. i have Nanners and i think balls even.

So do i stop spraying the Colloidal silver or keep going for a week or so.

So just wait for the nanners to open i guess and then stop spraying.

once you see nanners you can stop spraying all together as your target female is now male and will just continue throwing nanners like a normal male.

thankz for the answer!
i have another "?" when the plant is in flowering already & is producing buds where do you spray at in the leafs or in the buds & if its in the buds doesnt the buds get mouldy???

you don't want to spray a plant already flowering, you want to spray a clone BEFORE you flip it, and then spray until you see nanners, ...you should go back and read Phenomenal's first posting in this thread, he has edited it many times and so it is very current so all you need to do is read that first post and follow directions.

anyway, here's a few shots of some AK99 x Friesland s1's my young friend InPotITrust made recently and as you can see they are very uniform, (differences in height were caused by my neglectful ways) and they seem very much like the parent female, we won't know for sure until harvest but judging by appearances, they really are almost clones in seed format.

btw, these are almost 4 weeks into flower.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

another thing i want to mention is that, while we've only popped about 30 of the s1's so far, ALL have been fully female, not a single hermi nor mutant.

thanks and kudo's to you Phenomenal for sharing this wonderfully simple technique.

peace, and stay safe, SOG

Kabookie

Empowered Super Kabookiewomen
:)Hey everyone,

I love this thread but I still have to go back read and reread. However, I have a question that I wasn't sure if it had been addressed yet, if you change the PH of the premade up purchasable colloidal silver to a much higher PH would that work?

Peace,
Kabookie:blowbubbles:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Kabookie, the pH of the silver isn't what causes sex reversal, it's the silver itself, and seeing how we use distilled water for making CS the pH remains neutral anyway

jump117

Veteran
change the PH
Increasing the alkalinity by adding liquid soap will increase the wettability and reduce the risk of mold.

The increased alkalinity also improves the solubility of silver oxide, and this slows down the decrease in the concentration of ions,
which are an active agent of the process.

once you see nanners you can stop spraying all together as your target female is now male and will just continue throwing nanners like a normal male.
I watched the recovery of a female, when after the cancel of spraying,
new flowers produced pistils near the bananas

To maintain the male hormonal levels, it is reasonable to continue spraying after each act of collecting pollen.

This practice allowed me to obtain more than two cubic centimeters of fem pollen from one small plant.

lucky_luke

I think, that I finally figured out how should I try to feminize AF seeds (and I will try with my next grow):

1. Plant AF regular plant as usual.
2. Take a clone of that AF plant as fast as possible.
3. Start spraying mother plant with CS, and let the clone live its life without any stress.
4. If the clone is female, then I will get feminized pollen from mother plant, if it is male I have to cut both of them down and start the process again.

If there is better method for feminizing AF strains with CS please post Your tips :)

shafty420

y not just get 2 fem af strains in same grow area spray one plant just before goes into flower it will then pollinate other resulting in plenty of seeds

lucky_luke

y not just get 2 fem af strains in same grow area spray one plant just before goes into flower it will then pollinate other resulting in plenty of seeds

Thanks for the tip. I will consider that option.

I've read some posts with complaints that somtimes seeds labeled as FEM were Regular ones (from quite decent local seedbanks), if I would be unlucky I could spray with CS male plant (thinking that it was female), and get regular pollen not feminised one (and lots of regular seeds)... so I would really like to test the sex of CS'ed plant.

I

icon

just want to update that this is my 5th or 6th time using the same 9v battery & still no signs of the battery losing life
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Failure to launch

Failure to launch

picture.php

C/S treated Blue Dream with Casey Jones (left) and Blue Dream (right).

Hey guys, I'm planning on making some colloidal silver and apart of a pile of fixed voltage ac-dc converters I've lying arround I've got a regulable one so in short, wich voltage would fit better this operation?? Any difference??

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking gd festivus you given him a lil shake to move thigns along?

I shake the shit out of him/her every day, but nada...

The c/s plant has been in flower for about 6 weeks now, and all of the collected pollen has been sterile. They've been together for about a week, and I hand dusted the blue dream prior to putting them together. I haven't got a single brown pistil on either of the target plants.

After 4 failed attempts at c/s, I've come to the conclusion that the process doesn't work on S1's or S1-derived clones:cry:

Oh well, onward and upward!

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I was a bit skeptical of the process too.

HOWEVER I GOT THE PLANTS TO REVERSE SEX

picture.php

No obvious pollen was released by the she/males so I put the male flowers through a mully muncher.

AND ENDED UP WITH THIS MESS

picture.php

PAINTED IT ON TO THE MOTHERS TO BE AND SOME TIME LATER A SEED IS RELEASED (left side 1/2 way down)

picture.php

QUITE A FEW SEEDS

picture.php

FERTILE SEEDS

picture.php

AND GROWING

picture.php

I was very skeptical of the process but heh, it worked for me.

Endur

Veteran
I shake the shit out of him/her every day, but nada...

The c/s plant has been in flower for about 6 weeks now, and all of the collected pollen has been sterile. They've been together for about a week, and I hand dusted the blue dream prior to putting them together. I haven't got a single brown pistil on either of the target plants.

After 4 failed attempts at c/s, I've come to the conclusion that the process doesn't work on S1's or S1-derived clones:cry:

Oh well, onward and upward!

What up festivus,
I am also in the same situation. I have a reversed Raspberry Cough, that is 100% male, but the flowers are not producing pollen.
I was really hoping this would of panned out.
Maybe ill try at a later date.
Good luck
Peace
ENDUR